Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, i've had an urge for Pokemon recently and have several questions regarding the upcoming release.

I liked Red/Blue/Yellow just fine but playing through each game a couple of times leaves you with the fact that it does get quite samey. What do these new games have to freshen up the experience?

Noting the R/B/Y mention it's safe to assume I am a 'First 151 Only' guy so would I be able to catch some of the more familiar Pokemon to help me ease into the other 300 or so i'm fairly clueless on.

Also, how would trading work in regards to the older games? Would I be able to say, get the GBA remakes of the originals and several restarts to trade the starters to D/P? Or maybe trade some of the Pokemon I have on my R/B/Y games (like trade them to a GBA game and then onto the DS ones)?

Thanks in advance.

So, i've had an urge for Pokemon recently and have several questions regarding the upcoming release.

I liked Red/Blue/Yellow just fine but playing through each game a couple of times leaves you with the fact that it does get quite samey. What do these new games have to freshen up the experience?

Noting the R/B/Y mention it's safe to assume I am a 'First 151 Only' guy so would I be able to catch some of the more familiar Pokemon to help me ease into the other 300 or so i'm fairly clueless on.

Also, how would trading work in regards to the older games? Would I be able to say, get the GBA remakes of the originals and several restarts to trade the starters to D/P? Or maybe trade some of the Pokemon I have on my R/B/Y games (like trade them to a GBA game and then onto the DS ones)?

Thanks in advance.

There's not a HUGE amount of difference between games, the battle system is changed so that now all moves are seperated into the Physical, Special or Other type rather than just the 'elements' being physical or special (which may not mean a lot to a regular player, but to avid players it makes a big difference to individual battles). There is a good reason to play, and it also answers your 151 question. You can catch EVERY Pokémon except the old generations legendaries and starters.

The biggest change is being able to trade and battle online, making it easier to catch all the Pokémon. You can also send the Pokémon from Ruby, Sapphire, LeafGreen, FireRed and Emerald to Diamond and Pearl, you have to catch them in the 'Pal Park', which is much like the Safari Zone, only with a 100% capture rate.

Bleh.

I've only been playing 40 mins or so and it doesn't seem like much has changed from the old ones.

meh.

Edit: Started again, don't like that starter.

Edited by Dan

There, one copy of Diamond ordered from eBay. Hopefully everything shall run smoothly and I will be trading and what not with you guys in a few days.

I was reading up on something.

Pal Park is region-locked. Meaning that you can't transfer your European GBA game Pokémon to a US Diamond or Pearl game via Pal Park. So those importing D/P from the US better have imported GBA games too if you plan on transferring your little beasties.

I was reading up on something.

Pal Park is region-locked. Meaning that you can't transfer your European GBA game Pokémon to a US Diamond or Pearl game via Pal Park. So those importing D/P from the US better have imported GBA games too if you plan on transferring your little beasties.

Or just trade with the entire world for something you're missing, completing the dex will barely be an achievement now.

It has now been confirmed that the Pal Park compatibility isn't Region Locked as we once thought, but instead language locked. So those with English GBA games but the American DS games shall need to fear no longer.

This game is far too much fun for it to be natural.

Are you joking?

No, it's samey, but what ain't broke you shouldn't fix. They've tweeked things, added a bunch of new little extras and made the entire system a lot more fun. I always immensely enjoy the games, I rarely ever go a week without at least once playing it, so why would I be joking?

This game is far too much fun for it to be natural.

Are you joking?

No, it's samey, but what ain't broke you shouldn't fix. They've tweeked things, added a bunch of new little extras and made the entire system a lot more fun. I always immensely enjoy the games, I rarely ever go a week without at least once playing it, so why would I be joking?

I guess I'm the only one sick of the same system after about 15 games.

Got my copy, I was gonna choose the penguin but in homage to my first ever Red game and the fact I chose Charmander on it, i've gone with the Fire Monkey.

Ok, my friend code is: 0645 2258 9419

Just got the first badge, I was slightly worried having chosen the fire type going into a Rock gym but after finding Psyduck, Budew and Machop...no sweat.

Edited by Richard Ellis

I ordered mine from BlahDVD.com (who also deliver to Holland). The official European release date is 1st June, so if you can wait a month, you can just get it at a local shop. :)

Here's links to ordering the games:

Pokémon Diamond (US Import)

Pokémon Pearl (US Import)

And the full list of countries they ship to are:

Andorra

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Canada

Channel Islands

Cyprus

Dubai

Falkland Islands

Finland

France

Germany

Gibraltar

Greece

Greenland

Iceland

Ireland

Italy

Japan

Liechtenstein

Luxembourg

Malta

Monaco

Netherlands

New Zealand

North America

Norway

Poland

Qatar

San Marino

Saudi Arabia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

United Kingdom

Vatican City

Even the Pope can get it early. :lol:

I should probably also say that all DS games work on all DS consoles, no matter what country they're from. I wish all consoles were region-free...