Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through a handy site of mine, I have access to an Emerald ROM that has all 386 Pokemon in, and it's tremendously fun to play. My team consists of Alakazam, Golem (that evolves through levels rather than trade, for obvious reasons), Typhlosion (one of the three starters, the others being Squirtle and Treecko), Hariyama, Lairon and a Meditite I'm training up.

Something I brought up last night in a chat w/ Benji; anyone else think it would have made more sense to include the 1st Gen evolutions in Diamond & Pearl, in Fire Red & Leaf Green? FR & LG seem kinda weird for not having them in, and almost dated.

Saying that, Gold & Silver for a DS update. Johto + Kanto > All.

Normally it's okay caus it's a faceless crime, but when that face is a Pikachua, bah gawd, it's hard to ignore such crimes commited agaisnt such a cutey. :angry:

From this point on there is to be NO discussion of ROMs or anything of that sort here, warnings will be handed out.

Actually, it isn't a rom...and the game is completely legal. They got permission from Nintendo, and they said it was alright as long as no money was being made.

From this point on there is to be NO discussion of ROMs or anything of that sort here, warnings will be handed out.

Actually, it isn't a rom...and the game is completely legal. They got permission from Nintendo, and they said it was alright as long as no money was being made.

I'd rather not risk it.

Also, ROM discussion is allowed, but no links, I always get that rule mixed up with other forums, so my apologies >_>

Guest clintcasey

Good. All I said before was that I found a good ROM and I'm probably going to buy it now, which is also going to constitute getting a Nintendo DS so that I can play it. This is why Nintendo and other companies have never been really hard nosed about going after Rom and Emulator sites and distributors. If they convince someone to buy a game to take advantage of features they're missing out on by not owning a hard copy, they win. Nintendo probably stands to make some good money once I spring for a new DS and a copy of the game.

So I ditched yellow for Leaf Green, and it has me wanting the actual games, but I don't even have a DS and don't know how long my interest is going to last so i'll just play via ROMs for now.

After Leaf Green, would the proper progression be Crystal > Emerald > Diamond/Pearl?

Also, it's been a long time since I played... Which is the superior flying pokemon for early use? Spearow or Pidgey?

Edited by That One Guy