Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

45- Burmy

46- Wormadam

47- Mothim

53- Combee

Those I think are kinda rare but there should be some trainers around with them. Burmy and Combee are honey tree pokemon. Wormadam and Motham are the evolutions to Burmy, depending on gender.

65- Drifloon - Like I said in earlier posts, availbile on fridays outside valley windworks.

80- Barboach - Some fish, so it's around somewhere if you fish for it.

102- Chatot - Someone on the game has one availible for trade.

139- Milotic -One of the Elite 4 has it.

Legendaries are in the caves in the lakes.

On that note, every Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex is represented at least once in a trainer's team. So if you battle every single trainer in the game (or almost every single trainer) you should have seen 149, and then you go speak to that old woman in the town east of Mt. Coronet (I don't know its English name) and she shows you a picture of the other box legendary.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have to hold off wi-fi battles thanks to my sucky Pokemon. Thankfully, my team is now looking much better, and it's standing at:

Lv. 18 = Grotle

Lv. 17 = Kadabra, Luxio

Lv. 16 = Budew, Staravai

Lv. 13 = Geodude

I also have a few Pokemon in boxes. Can I make the point that I'm tired of Pachirisu and their fucking Bide attack.

Where abouts are you at Kat?

I've just picked up my game for the first time in a month or so and my team is;

Garchop Level 55

Roserade Level 55

Staraptor Level 52

Empoleon Level 55

Bibarel Level 15 (HM Slave, Waterfall, Rock Smash, Cut, Rock Climb)

Ponyta Level 24 (Strength)

I'm still in Victory Cave, still need to do quite a lot of training if I want to do well at the E4.

I'm pretty sure that no trainer has Drifloon in their team, you actually have to do that whole windworks thing to see/capture it.

Nope, I've got the National Dex and I haven't caught Drifloon yet. Two of the trainers before Fantina have Drifloon in their party.

Edited by DoubleX

Man, Gardenia is easy. Staravia whipped the entire gym's ass without taking any damage before the battle with Roserade. Team right now is therefore:

Lv. 23 = Staravia

Lv. 20 = Grotle

Lv. 19 = Geodude, Buizel, Luxio

Lv. 18 = Kadabra

Yeah, figured that Buizel was better suited in the long run then Budew. I highly doubt my team is going to change much from now on too, since it'll level up to a good mix (Bar any battles with steel pokemon. But Kadabra'll be able to handle them, hopefully).

Oh, and when the time comes one of you lot is so trading with me so I can get Alakazam and Golem.

(Bar any battles with steel pokemon. But Kadabra'll be able to handle them, hopefully).

rofl

Good luck with that.

Your best bet for Steel types is for Staravia to evolve into Staraptor and learn Close Combat. Otherwise somehow get your hands on a Fire type. You will want a Fire type at some point, since there are quite a few Bronzor and Bronzong to take out (one in the Elite Four too), and most of them have Levitate.

But then, if you go for a Fire type, you'll probably want to trade for one, since your only options before the National Dex are the Chimchar line and Ponyta, and since you started with Turtwig, your only option is Ponyta.

EDIT: You get the Good Rod from a Fisherman on Route 209, east of Hearthome City.

Edited by DoubleX

Nope. The way I see it, I'm more or less turning Golem in to a HM slave anyway (Rock Smash and soon enough, Strength and Rock Climb), so might as well give her another move that'd be helpful.

Except for the fact that it's not helpful at all. Flamethrower and Fire Blast both run off the Special Attack stat. I don't know when you last looked at your Geodude's stats, but the Geodude line have above average Attack, decent HP, high Defense, and low Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. As such, if you pit your Golem against, say, a Lucario, it will hammer you with a Steel or Fighting type move, and you will die before you can even dent it. Even if, by some miracle, you don't die first turn, a Flamethrower or Fire Blast from your Golem won't be enough to KO it before it KOs you.

A Fire type with a decent attacking stat and decent Speed would be your best bet for dealing with all those pesky Steel types. If you want, I could trade you one.

Oh, and once Staravia evolves it'll be able to deal with some of them, notably a particular Lucario you'll run into, but a Fire type is a good idea for when you run into Bronzor and Bronzong.

Edited by DoubleX

Anyway, just started playing Gold again last night. I've pulled through three gyms now and am going through the motions to start on developing a balanced team for the end-game. So far, the ones I am thinking of keeping in my party (at this point all are in the 22-25 level range)

- Totodile (starting pokémon, can't remember the name of his second evolution which he is at now :shifty:)

- Noctowl

- Weepinbell

- Geodude

So, any suggestions on what I should add, remove or just completely ditch the whole set and start a new one?

Anyway, just started playing Gold again last night. I've pulled through three gyms now and am going through the motions to start on developing a balanced team for the end-game. So far, the ones I am thinking of keeping in my party (at this point all are in the 22-25 level range)

- Totodile (starting pokémon, can't remember the name of his second evolution which he is at now :shifty:)

- Noctowl

- Weepinbell

- Geodude

So, any suggestions on what I should add, remove or just completely ditch the whole set and start a new one?

Noctowl's a bit iffy since it's not particularly good at attacking. Don't evolve Weepinbell until it's learned everything you want it to, since Victreebel doesn't learn anything naturally. Geodude is a good standby, I've used it and its evolutions to great effect. Totodile is an underrated starter, since Feraligatr is fairly capable.

I would personally use Pidgeot or Fearow over Noctowl, but it's up to you. You may also want a Fire or Fighting type for Jasmine and Pryce, and something that can learn Shadow Ball (and use it effectively) will come in handy too. Maybe a strong Normal type, like Granbull or something.

If Golem is going to be your HM slave, under no circumstances do you need to give it a fighting move. Come the Elite 4 you should in theory have 6 trained up pokemon that once you go through the Elite 4, you hit the PC and take out your 6 fighting pokemon and dump your HM slaves.

And like Double X said, Golem runs off attack stats and has poor sp. attack. Plus you should have a ridiculously high defence stat, not too sure about sp. attack. Long story short, you don't even want to be thinking of going against something such as a water or fire pokemon with it, it should have Earthquake but even then, there's a million other pokemon that would be more effective with EQ.

If you have any of the Pokemon that I need from that list a page or two back I may trade you one of my bred Chimchars, only because you are the great and wonderful Katooooooosya.