Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

I have a thing for Spearow because it evolves in to super cool Fearow, but early on it's not as strong as Pidgey (which also evolves earlier)

Update on the Silver Game; just annihalated Falkner for the first badge with Geodude and did the Sprout Tower. Team is as such right now:

Chikorita, Lv. 14

Hoothoot, Lv. 14

Sentret, Lv. 14

Geodude, Lv. 14

Zubat, Lv. 9

Gastly, Lv. 9

Zubat is a bitch to level up, since it only knows Leech Life and Supersonic right now. I can't wait till I get Bite.

Gastly, on the other hand, owns all since it knows Hypnosis so early. Oh, and Lick owns all too. Plus, the fact that it can get nearly no damage dealt to it.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to level this Weedle is a bitch, I just want it to be a Beedrill so I can have all it's forms in my pokedex and then stick it in the PC. All of my other pokemon are 10+. I have not fought Brock yet.

Is Jigglypuff supposed to be so fucking hard to catch? I had her so low that you could not see any health left and she escaped 3 pokeballs.

Edited by That One Guy

Does anyone know the levels that each badge in Leaf Green allows you to control? I only have the boulderbadge and am leveling my pokemon, I want to make sure I don't level them too far.

The Cascade Badge (Misty's) makes Pokemon up to L30 behave. The Boulder Badge does nothing in that respect.

Brock can be beaten when your team's at L10 using any type advantages like Bulbasaur, Mankey and to a lesser extent Butterfree. Misty can be beaten when your team's at L20 using Pikachu, Ivysaur, etc, and so on. It seems to get easier as you go along, as Surge's pokemon are nowhere near L30, breaking the trend.

Does anyone know the levels that each badge in Leaf Green allows you to control? I only have the boulderbadge and am leveling my pokemon, I want to make sure I don't level them too far.

Only traded Pokémon will disobey you, if they're your own, you're fine. It amazes me how few people read that.

Actually Benji, any pokémon will disobey you if it's level is too high for you. I remember having a disobedient Charizard once upon a time, and I didn't trade.

Odd, I've done it before and it's been fine, plus they say "any Pokémon you get in a trade up to Lv** will now obey you".

I can confirm it's trades only (at least in 4th Gen) having just beaten a gym.

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!

Actually Benji, any pokémon will disobey you if it's level is too high for you. I remember having a disobedient Charizard once upon a time, and I didn't trade.

Odd, I've done it before and it's been fine, plus they say "any Pokémon you get in a trade up to Lv** will now obey you".

Edited by That One Guy

I started playing Pokemon Emerald a bit ago because I had never played any of the games post-Gold (which I only played a bit). I chose Torchic as my starter pokemon. I've just gotten my first badge and returned the guy's Peeko from the Team Aqua member. My team is: Combusken, Level 17; Lombre, Level 16; and Skitty, Level 10.

Guest clintcasey

• 1 month later...

Yes I know this is being brought up from like page three, but it is the official topic so it's all good :)

Anyone still playing this? I'm expecting to get the games in less than a week, and I suspect it will take two or three days to wipe through the Elite 4. I intend on using one game to get through quickly and start creating the master race of pokemon, and one game to go through slowly, collecting pokemon as I go along and training them up. I can get the best of both worlds.

Since I don't have any pokemon from ANY of the previous generations coming through, I will graciously accept peoples freebies should they be willing to give them. I know Benji and I are coming to some sort of arrangement and agreement. Let me know if you will be so kind, and when I get the game we will be able to swap friend codes. It will be much appreciated.

I intend on heading off to serebii to brush up on my pokemon knowledge, if its much like Emerald it'll take a day and I should be back on top with all my EV and IV training. However if there's major changes, make a reply letting me know, I don't want to be caught out >_>

Don't expect to wipe out the Elite 4 in two or three days, believe me.

This game is ridiculously long compared to the originals. I've got like 4 badges and have put in 30 hours of gameplay. Although I'm kind of tedious, and like to level up majorly, the point still stands that it's waaaay longer than the old games.

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the game tomorrow, well, my San Disk Memory Card will come tomorrow and then I can begin playing I hope. If not, then I'll be annoyed since, I have Sunday to go - no post there, then that means waiting till Monday, I'd like to get a good crack at it, which I can do Saturday evening and night, and Sunday at work perhaps and after.

It's going to be a long haul trying to get *counts* ... um ... all the pokemon. My current amount stands at a highly impressive... nothing :)

Well I haven't been able to play nearly as much as I wanted to, so I'm only at the 5th gym here. Will probably have the badge in about 5 minutes. My current team is;

Empoleon, Level 36

Roselia, Level 35

Staraptor, Level 35

Luxray, Level 36

My HM slaves are;

Bidoof (Rock Smash, Cut)

Empoleon (Surf)

Ponyta (Strength)

Staravia (Fly, Defog)