Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The monsters walk around on the screen, and when you get close enough, a free(ish) battle initiates. You can control your character, and move them to strategic locations. The difference between KH and FF, is that FF still has a time bar for each character, so you have to wait for it to fill up before you can attack again, whereas KH is much more active and involved.

I think the KH system would work better, then you could incorporate evasive maneuvers, and have it feel more realistic. I mean, if you were in a fight, would you say to your opponent: "Listen, I'll hit you once, then you hit me once, and we'll just repeat that"?

I bought a DS and Diamond yesterday. Is it just me, or are Pokemon easier to level up than back in Red and Blue?

It is earlier on, for the simple reason the Elite 4 and gym leaders are a lot tougher than they used to be once you get going (which isn't saying much for the gym leaders, they're still easy, the Elite 4 are more of a challenge).

I bought a DS and Diamond yesterday. Is it just me, or are Pokemon easier to level up than back in Red and Blue?

It is earlier on, for the simple reason the Elite 4 and gym leaders are a lot tougher than they used to be once you get going (which isn't saying much for the gym leaders, they're still easy, the Elite 4 are more of a challenge).

This is true. The Champion's Garchomp was annoying.

Also I remember the first time I played through I was using my Medicham against the Ghost Elite 4 person, and I used Hi-Jump Kick. So naturally they switched to Drifblim and my Medicham nearly died from the recoil >_>

I'm not at the Elite 4 (Seven badges just caught Dialga (With a Pokeball after i ran out of Ultra balls!!!) & Azelf, trying to get Uxie now) yet but how would my current team match up excluding the level differance as i have no idea what they will be on by then?

Empoleon

Staraptor

Luxray

Rabidash

Gyarados

Graveler

The only change i have made since i started the game was Bidoof out for Ponyta so i dont really want to make too many changes.

Any of them should i not even bother bringing?

Edited by gnfnrhead

Evolve Graveler if you can if you really want to bring it. I can trade you it back for it to evolve if you need, but that's the one I'd drop. Also, you don't need two Water types, ditch Gyarados for a grass type, Torterra if you can get one, if not try Carnivine.

For Graveler, I'm not sure, shall have a think.

I was so pumped when I heard I can have BOTH a Hitmonchan and a Hitmonlee through in game means. However sad when I found out I had to somehow... make defense more than attack... what the? I'm going to have to buy Irons and shit aren't I?

No, you can do it by breeding too.

ATTACK + natures (For Hitmonlee)

Lonely, Brave, Adamant, Naughty

DEFENSE + natures (For Hitmonchan)

Bold, Relaxed, Impish, Lax

No change (For Hitmontop)

Hardy, Docile, Serious, Quirky, Bashful

If you level these nature Tyrogue's up normally, they should evolve in to each one.

I was so pumped when I heard I can have BOTH a Hitmonchan and a Hitmonlee through in game means. However sad when I found out I had to somehow... make defense more than attack... what the? I'm going to have to buy Irons and shit aren't I?

If you level these nature Tyrogue's up normally, they should evolve in to each one.

That's not the whole story though. IVs complicate it a bit further.

You can EV train, though, and while it won't be significant differences you may see enough of a difference at such a low level to get the Hitmon you want.

That's not the whole story though. IVs complicate it a bit further.

You can EV train, though, and while it won't be significant differences you may see enough of a difference at such a low level to get the Hitmon you want.

Yeah, I didn't wanna start throwing terms like IVs, EVs and DVs out there. That's when casual fans brains begin to ache.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I picked up Diamond today and noticed that route 213 was raining. Is this a random occurrence, only happens 11 May, or is it something else? Has anyone else had this before?

EDIT: It's only happening in Diamond. I just checked my copy of Pearl, and Route 213 is still sunny there.

EDIT EDIT: Bah. I've just read the weather article on bulbapedia. Turns out it is random for that route. Nonetheless it's something I've not noticed before. Sorry about that. :P

Edited by Momo