Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

I started up Yellow again recently - being the only version I own. My dislike for Pikachu prompted me to search for my girlfriend's alledged copy of Blue, but to no avail.

Currently about to head on board the S.S. Anne...and I do find it gets a bit tedious in the way that I'm invariably drawn to the same few Pokemon each and every time I play. I've already got Nidorino and Bellsprout who will no doubt end up staying in my main six for ever and ever. Horsea will also be a mainstay as soon as I come across him.

One thing I am happy about though is that I bought that overpriced Magikarp at Lv5 and spent ages training him up to Lv20...and we all know what happens then. :D

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also currently going through Yellow. My main team consists of Pikachu, Wartortle, Nidoking, Sandslash, Mr. Mime, and Charizard, with Snorlax and Gyarados as alternates. It's a lot of fun to try and train guys that I've never paid attention to before - I've never used Sandslash or Nidoking, and they've become two of my favorite Pokemon at this point.

Hmmmm...why is it it Diamond/Pearl/Platinum...when Gold/Silver/Platinum goes a lot better? Diamond/Pearl/Crystal would have made more sense, too...weird.

Anyway, surely the G/S remake isn't that far off? It's like, the forgotten Pokemon generation after all...

I'm personally hoping that all the hints in D/P were leading to Johto appearing in Platinum. Yeah, it won't happen, but it'd be so fucking cool if it did.

Also, fuck Milotic. Screw you man. Screw you. >_>

Guest strongarm85

Milotic is such a tough pokemon to get. Once you get it though it only takes 600,000 exp to reach level 100. Maxing out beauty isn't easy though.

I still say Johto had some of the better fire-types; Typhlosion is a bad-ass, and Houndoom is also pretty strong - when you look at R/B/G/Y, you have Charizard, who ends up being pretty weak thanks to his Flying type, and then they're all pretty weak bar maybe Magmar (who's boosted thanks to Magmortar being introduced).

Hoenn was just embarassing, thanks to Blaziken's poor type, Numel & Camerupt being weak to just about everything, and Torkoal being slow as fuck.

Sinnoh was just as bad - Heatran's strong(er) thanks to the Steel type that cuts the Water weakness slightly...

Guest strongarm85
Sinnoh was just as bad - Heatran's strong(er) thanks to the Steel type that cuts the Water weakness slightly...

Na, its still X2 weak against water. Plus its a legendary so rightfully you shouldn't use it.

I'll tell you what would be really kick ass though, a grass/fire type pokemon with decent stats. The only elemental weakness it would have is against Rock and flying and since the two types would basically balance each other's weaknesses out accept for those two types. And even then rock type moves have very poor accuracy so theres a good chance anyone using it would miss. Every other type of attack would only have X1 effectiveness except electric which would be X.5

They could even base it on the Burning Bush to piss the Christians, Jews, and Muslims off.

Edited by strongarm85