Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, My team has Pokerus. I know this is awesome, but now I have to go check to remind myself exactly what it does >_>

I would hate you if I didn't already have a couple of Pokerus Pokemon on my Diamond and Pearl.

Oh hey also, I shall spoiler this for those who don't want to know until they run into it, but Plubby: you can get Larvitar before Mt Silver!

I think it was after I beat the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany, I got a call from the Safari Warden, and he wanted me to catch a Sandshrew in the Safari Zone, but you have to fiddle with the Safari Zone layout to do that. As a result, I have now unlocked the Safari Zone shuffler thingo, meaning I can get to the Safari Zone area with Larvitar. So if you wait until Mahogany then you can get a Larvitar and use a Tyranitar for the end of Johto, and then Kanto.

If you want to use Tyranitar though, make sure you take Sand Stream into account.

Currently in Goldenrod and just beat Whitney, my team looks like so

Quilava lv 22

Bayleaf lv 21

Totodile lv 8

Gastly lv 15

Tyrogue lv 1

Eevee lv 1

I picked cydaqul as my starter and recently got a loan of a 2nd DS, so traded over a Totodile, Chikorita, Tyorogue and Eevee eggs, meaning I'm the OT of all 3 starters! I've always wasnted to go through a Pokemon game with all 3 starters, now I get the oppurtunity to. I've just got to train Totodile up to lv 20 and I'll move on then.

Ended up getting SoulSilver, started with Cyndaquil, then remembered it sucks against the first two Gym leaders. Oh well, on we go.. I mean I picked it because I'm Hardcore baby!

It's Chikorita that's boned against the first two gyms. Cyndaquil beats Bugsy but is neutral against Falkner, and Totodile's neutral against both of them.

But that's OK, because you can catch a Geodude ridiculously early and level it for Rock Throw. Then it murders both gyms.

Oh and since we're doing teams, here's mine:

Quilava lv33

Starmie lv32

Togetic lv32

Graveler lv32

Heracross lv33

Swinub lv25

Graveler's getting replaced soon with a Teddiursa-then-Ursaring, and Swinub will be at least a Piloswine - if not a Mamoswine, depending on how I feel at the time - before I take on Clair. Once I get the National Dex I'm going to evolve Togetic, and then I'll have my final team of Typhlosion/Starmie/Togekiss/Ursaring/Heracross/Mamoswine.

Three reasons:

1) You can't get a Shiny Stone at the Pokethlon until after National Dex, and the only one sitting on the ground requires Rock Climb, which requires the Earth Badge

2) Togekiss is not in the Johtodex so I don't know if I'd even be able to evolve it if I had a Shiny Stone

3) None of you gimps will trade me an Ice Beam TM and so why would you trade me a Shiny Stone? >_>

As for a Thunderstone, that would be the same place I got my Water Stone: the Pokethlon. You need 2500 points and you can only get it on a Thursday.

Lucky you. Get to grinding those points! :P

I never saw you ask for an Ice Beam TM :\

Also UPDATE I've found a way to get a Water stone, so that's set. Now is there anyone with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum who would be willing to trade me an Ice Beam TM? I can replace it quite easily from my Pearl, but again, I only have physical access to one DS, and my other option would be risky trickery using the GTS.

^ there. I hate battling Dragons so much I want added insurance, particularly something faster than Mamoswine. This is where Starmie comes in.

It was after this point that Vitamin E tried to show off his knowledge by suggesting breeding a Smeargle that's sketched it from something, which would've worked if he hadn't tried it on possibly the biggest Pokemon geek on EWB. :P

I just wanna be a cool kid :crying:

I'm really hoping I can get this game at some point soon. I've been going through Bulbapedia and been thinking of pokemon I'd want to use in non-traditional ways/pokemon I wouldn't normally use as a main one for a challenge. Plus, the fact that Heart Gold and Soul Silver are more or less the biggest games as far as content goes helps too <_<

• Like 1

Seriously, fuck Faulkner. Roost is quite possible the most frustrating thing so far (granted it's at the FIRST gym but still), I had it all in hand and suddenly Pidgeotto uses Roost every other move and wipes me out.

I found a shiny Hooothoot on the old Silver, never trained it but it was cool to have.

Playing the dance studio but while ago with the Team Rocket member threatening the owner, I had an awesome nostalgia trip of the pirated version of Gold my parents brought me back from Spain, months before it coame out here.

In this version, crudely translated from Japanese, had the Team Rocket member threatening to rape her repeatedly, that was one amongst many gems. It was more awesome in so many ways, self-destruct isn't the same anymore after seeing it named suicide in the affromented version.

I just wanna be a cool kid :crying:

I'm really hoping I can get this game at some point soon. I've been going through Bulbapedia and been thinking of pokemon I'd want to use in non-traditional ways/pokemon I wouldn't normally use as a main one for a challenge. Plus, the fact that Heart Gold and Soul Silver are more or less the biggest games as far as content goes helps too <_<

Oh the advice you gave was good advice, it's just that it doesn't help me at all with a genderless Starmie. Further, of the Pokemon you suggested I use instead, only one is available and could also learn Thunder/bolt, which I need for my team, that Pokemon being Lapras. I want to use Starmie though, so yeah.

Also Smeargle sketching Ice Beam would be a bit hard at this stage in the game since I don't think I've run into anything that actually knows Ice Beam yet, and you need that to be able to sketch it.

Oh and shinies? I got a shiny Machop on Sapphire, a shiny Swablu on Ruby (which I then proceeded to use in my team as an Altaria), and I think I got a shiny Spoink at some point.

Also, in my Soul Silver game, I have this shiny Gyarados. It's pretty cool >_>

Yeah, I spaced about Starmie being genderless. As for the finding a pokemon that knows ice beam, can you get into a double battle using a Smeargle and *insert another of your pokemon that knows/can learn ice beam* and use Smeargle to sketch your second Pokemon?

I've never cared for shiny pokemon. They look cool, especially the shiny Charizard, but it wouldn't hurt me if I didn't get one.

If I ever get Heart Gold I'll have to try battling Pokemaster DooXu, then proceed to lie about getting my ass kicked :P

Has anybody gotten a Pokemon that has had that Pokerus thing?

Edited by Vitamin E

Yeah, I spaced about Starmie being genderless. As for the finding a pokemon that knows ice beam, can you get into a double battle using a Smeargle and *insert another of your pokemon that knows/can learn ice beam* and use Smeargle to sketch your second Pokemon?

Has anybody gotten a Pokemon that has had that Pokerus thing?

You can use Sketch that way, and you can also use it on something that's asleep and sketch the last thing it tried to use (that's how you sketch Selfdestruct, Explosion and Memento). It does require already having something that knows the move in question.

I've caught stuff with Pokerus, and had my Pokemon catch it, and got one from the GTS that had Pokerus. So yes.