Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

My Piloswine does now. It's a level 1 move, so you just need a Heart Scale and go to Blackthorn to the Move Relearner. You can get a Heart Scale for 1000 points at the Pokethlon, and you can sometimes find them smashing rocks.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can check Serebii if you don't believe me. Piloswine on their Pokedex. Ancientpower is a L1 move that requires a move tutor, along the same lines as Medicham and the elemental punches, or Heracross and Night Slash.

Further, any Pokemon that can evolve by knowing a certain move will be able to learn it naturally, without move tutoring or breeding. Often this is at level 33 for some reason (Aipom and Double Attack, Tangela and Ancientpower, etc).

Just got my 8th Badge and beat the Kimono girls, who were insanely difficult to beat BTW, I don't remember them from the original Silver, but they pissed me off no end. My team looks like this

Feraligatr (lv 38)

Maeganium (lv 38)

Typholsoion (lv 38)

Alakazam (lv 38)

Articuno (lv 51)

Red Gyarados (lv 31)

Gyarados will be replaced by either a Raichu from my Leafgreen or a badass Bronzong from my Diamond that I got via a WiFi trade. I haven't decided yet.

The Kimono Girls were there considerably earlier in the original GSC. You faced them when you got to Ecruteak to earn the Surf HM. Now you just have to beat up a Rocket. This is probably why you don't remember them.

Also.

I HAVE A MAMOSWINE :D :D

I brought over my Raichu along with a Masterball from Leafgreen, who would you guys suggest I use them on? The Legandary dogs or Ho-Oh/Lugia? I'm leaning towards the dogs bebcause I encountered Entei once randomly trying to train Gastly, put him to sleep and the fucker still fled the next turn, while asleep, now thats a trick.

Just beat the Elite Four. With a critical Ice Shard from my L40 Mamoswine on Lance's L50 Dragonite. With Mamoswine being my last Pokemon. On 10HP and about to drop from Outrage the next turn.

So, fuck yeah. :D

Also Koga's a colossal bitch with his Double-Teaming Crobat (but I hit it with Thunder so w/e). So is Karen and her goddamn Gengar (so how about that Lava Plume ya bastard?).

EDIT: National Dex! Togekiss!

I have my final team, I'm in Kanto, and I now have nine badges!

Edited by Count DooXu

I brought over my Raichu along with a Masterball from Leafgreen, who would you guys suggest I use them on? The Legandary dogs or Ho-Oh/Lugia? I'm leaning towards the dogs bebcause I encountered Entei once randomly trying to train Gastly, put him to sleep and the fucker still fled the next turn, while asleep, now thats a trick.

Get Fast Balls from Kurt for the beast trio. I'd keep the Master Ball for one of the big ones. Still need to go get my Heavy Ball from Kurt...

It's annoying, but it seems for me that whenever I get a ball that is useful for the pokémon I capture, I've already caught it with a regular ball.

I decided I could no longer be fucked raising Meganium, because he's absolutely shocking as it turns out. Ergo, he's out and I'm currently raising a Smoochum up to match the rest of my team. Plus, Smoochum knows Mean Look which shall no doubt prove rather handy when I run in to Raikou or Entei again (which I've done by accident once with each now).

Bah, Clair is a bitch.

Only really her Kindgra. Her Gyarados dies to a well-placed Electric attack, and her Dragonair both die to a decent Ice type. The key with Kingdra is to hit it as bloody hard as you can and it will die. My Heracross managed that thanks to its naturally above-average SpDef.

Oh btw, for those of you not up to Kanto yet, the gym leaders are all higher levels than they were in GSC, with almost everyone having everything above L50. Sabrina is a goddamn bitch unless you're at a decent level, because Espeon is one of the bulkier Psychic types and she's got a goddamn Alakazam >_<

Not sure if anyone's seen this, but apparently the titles for the new fifth generation games have been announced.

Pokémon Black and Pokémon White...doesn't get more basic than that. The Japanese logos for the games can be seen on the Japanese site: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/

I wonder if this is where they might decide to end the franchise.

Also, there is THIS picture of three silhouettes of three alleged starter pokémon for the new games floating about...

2dlpy00.jpg

No idea if they're real or not, but I'm excited about the water one!

Edited by The Kraig

So it's a deer mixed with a plant, a fire snake and a fucking DOLPHIN? Hell yeah.

What's the pseudo sequel going to be on these two, Pokemon Grey?

I won't believe they're the starters until there's an official announcement that's more than just silhouettes. I remember at least three different sets of starters appeared in the run-up to Diamond and Pearl that turned out to be fake.

Having said that I do like the idea of the fire snake, that has potential to be awesome.