Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Edson, I could help you tomorrow since you're only in New Jersey and I'll be at a friends and be able to use his wi-fi. Probably only able to do it around 12-2pm, though. Friend code is 0689 7970 1546.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, thanks E, I'll be able to do that, just message me when you're ready, I'll be around at that time.

Also, sorry I couldn't help Count, these damn timezones, and thanks for the Slowking tip!

Anyone ever try out the Nuzlocke Challenge? I'm going to try it out. It can be played with any version of Pokemon. Here are the rules I'm playing with.

The Nuzlocke Challenge:

http://www.nuzlocke.com/

The Rules

1. 1. Catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each route/cave/whatever and nothing else. If you fail to catch it, too bad, continue onwards.

2. If you Pokemon faints, consider it dead, release it.

Optional I'm Using Rules:

3. Must Nickname each Pokemon to become more attached to it.

4. No using the shop, the only items that can be used are items that are given or found.

5. Always battle in Set mode.

If I run out of Pokemon, its game over.

I've been playing it real paranoid so far. If any Pokemon I'm using has HP in the Yellow I've been taking them out.

I just finished beating Brock, and so far I haven't had any casualties.

My Current Team:

Bulbasaur (male): Vinnie Lv 15

Spearow (female): Pecks Lv 12

Pidgey (female): Windy Lv 8

Metapod (female): Buggie Lv 8

I did have 4 failures right at the start though. I picked Bulbasaur for my Starter, which actually puts you at a little bit of disadvantage against Blue in the first battle. Usually you can overcome him, but this time his Charmander just seemed to use scratch for every single attack so it was rough. I believe I lost to Blue the first time. Then I beat blue and got taken out by a Pidgey that managed to get a critical hit on my Bulbasaur between Pallet Town and Vermilian city. And then I lost to Blue two more times. In fact when I finally did beat him I'd gotten the Potion out of the PC used it to heal Vinnie and stay in the fight.

Naturally, since you don't have Pokeballs on the first trip to Vermillian City, if you fight any Pokemon on the route prior to getting Pokeballs you can never catch anything on that whole route again.

My Mt. Moon strategy is to evolve Buggie before heading into the Mt. Moon so she can confusion blast all the zubats before they can use Supersonic. I can already tell the caves are going to be a bitch.

I generally don't like double posting, but in this case I feel there is enough to talk about to warrant a new post.

In more personal news A friend of mine caught a Pokemon with PKRS and an infected Pokemon to me, so now I have a lot Pokemon with PKRS to trade. If anyone is interested send me a PM. I'm mostly looking for starters and Pokemon you can't get in Soul Silver (except Growlith and Spinarak).

In other news, The Winner's Path event starts on Wifi tomorrow. you can download a Pokewalker course that has Beldum, Munchlax, Horsea, Duskull, Magicarp, and Bronzor. All of the Pokemon obtainable on the Pokewalker course have moves they don't ordinarily know. The route also has a lot of rare items.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Winner%27s_Path_%28Pok%C3%A9walker_Route%29

Also, this sunday there is supposed to be a new Pokemon revealed on the show Pokemon Sunday. However the way it was worded is kind of ambiguous. A lot of people think that it will be a New Pokemon from Black and White, but not one really knows for sure yet.

With that new Pokewalker route, the two I'm interested in are the Duskull and the Beldum. Selfdestruct Munchlax could be interesting if I ever end up doing competitive battling with my Soul Silver - Choice Band Snorlax using Selfdestruct would hurt - but the rest I could take or leave.

Bounce Magikarp could be good for comedy though. The only physical Flying STAB one could give a Gyarados :P

Oh and I just noticed you can get a Choice Band through the dowsing. Awesome. That also intrigues me.

Haha, I got Pokerus a couple of days ago. Needless to say I am trying my best to level up as much as I can in the time it's allocated to.

You can keep Pokerus going indefinitely. First off the effects of Pokerus never go away even if the disease does and they're no longer able to infect other Pokemon. Beyond that, as long as you always keep at least one Pokemon that is infected and able to transmit then you can keep spreading it to other Pokemon as long as you want.

Haha, I got Pokerus a couple of days ago. Needless to say I am trying my best to level up as much as I can in the time it's allocated to.

You can keep Pokerus going indefinitely. First off the effects of Pokerus never go away even if the disease does and they're no longer able to infect other Pokemon. Beyond that, as long as you always keep at least one Pokemon that is infected and able to transmit then you can keep spreading it to other Pokemon as long as you want.

That's what I'm doing, I got a Lucario in a box with it and it hasn't disappeared yet. So basically I'll take it out when I need to for my Magmortar and the other Johto/Kanto/Sinnoh/Hoenn starters.

Incorrect. The increased EV gains only apply while the purple Pokerus status is on your Pokemon. Once that changes to the small face, those effects cease.

Incorrect. The increased EV gains only apply while the purple Pokerus status is on your Pokemon. Once that changes to the small face, those effects cease.

http://bulbapedia.bu...aving_the_virus

"Once a Pokémon's immune system has fought off the virus, they cannot spread it further, nor can it be spread to them by other Pokémon. In Generations II and III, a dot will appear on the Pokémon's status screen to indicate that they have had the virus previously, while in Generation IV, it will be a small smiley face. Though the virus is gone, its positive effects will remain, most specifically the ability for that Pokémon to gain double EVs."

:)

No. It'll double the increasing items EV yield. So if you fought a pokemon and would normally get 2 Speed EVs, if you used an enhancing item you would get 4, and with Pokerus added to that you would get 8 total.