Official Newcastle United F.C. Thread

Twist

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle amazed me, because Man Utd - while good - showed to me they were VERY much determined to achieve something, while Newcastle did have a level of coolness to their game. At times it was unfortunately TOO cool, but they could have took a clinical and destructive approach to Man Utd if they would have just kept the ball to themselves. Instead, they went for the quick counter attack and fucked it up, while Man Utd gathered speed and obliterated them.

I never did like Souness. It's bad for the poor bastards who support Newcastle though - they really DO deserve SOME success sometime in the near future.

Once again Rooney showed why he for me is becoming one of the best around. Today he was just so awesome at times, the guy has grown on me so much I must say, because at one time I detested him to be quite honest. Nistelrooy is back and looking as good as ever, so happy for the guy because he takes so much critism at times. Keane looked brilliant as did Scholes. Just a brilliant performance by United and in this form in the cup, I can see them breezeing passed Arsenal. Okay not thrashing them, but seriously they're brilliant in the FA Cup this season, so it'll be an amazing game.

As for Newcastle, good moments at times but they really are a side that is lacking in so many places. Given is great, so it was a shame to see him have to have four knocked passed him.

I'll wait to see how Keane does in that role against better teams, when teams actually get tight and close him down. I'm not going to sit here and pile praise on Man Utd when they beat an extremely poor side. Newcastle, bar Nicky Butt, Alan Shearer and occasionally Shay Given, weren't even at the races yesterday.

And anyone who thought Newcastle were "good at times" needs to have a long hard look at the game again, they were pretty much awful all over the pitch, bar Ameobi's goal - which was, in part, due to Man Utd switching off, rather than Ameobi's fantastic attacking talent.

I wouldn't say Newcastle couldn't have won or anything. Man Utd were DESPERATE for a win. If Newcastle have thought about it more and gone for a tighter game and maybe tried to actually keep the ball in the midfield rather than go on the quick break, they could have kept the scoreline down to at least a 1-0 loss at worst. But that's Souness - he can't do defensive tactics to save his ass.

Wow, Paul Scholes has had an excellent game. Poor Alan Shearer, it doesn't look like he's every going to win anything ever again.

Thank god for that, the man comes across as an arogant arsehole and the less medals the better.