Official Newcastle United F.C. Thread

Twist

Im no Newcastle fan and not a particular fan of either of the players concerned but i think Souness has stated in his press conference that is was Bowyers fault although Dyer walks towards Bowyer , Souness is trying to get Dyer let off so he can play in the FA Cup . I Didnt find the fight funny but the 2 players after apolgising they were sulking like school kids it was hillarious

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably stupid as a Newcastle fan, but I just found it genuinely funny. It wasn't our game today and what better way to cap it off. Of course the problem now is a weakened midfield for the cup game which can be compensated for just about, possibly switching to 3 up top and praying for Kluivert to be fit. I just hope Shearer doesn't do another U turn after this outbreak of comedy violence.

Edit: Just saw highlights, and despite my man below arguing the contrary I think Dyer should be shown a little leniance. He attempts to block Bowyers flurry of punches then only reacts violently after being completely nailed in the head, with a very weak looking reach that may or may not have been a punch. It actually connects with Gareth Barry who doesn't even flinch, indicating it may not have been the big retaliation it looks like. Plus Dyers been shit hot recently, which lets face facts is the most important thing ;)

Second point, that fight was clearly overshadowed by Ste Taylors uber primal scream of pain. I suspect a second gunman on the Grassy Knoll. The kids a legend.

Edited by Colly

rofl.

Dyer wears girls earrings.

--

Just saw what might have caused it.

Dyer had the ball, Bowyer was screaming for it, Dyer ran past him, then, Bowyer lucked pissed off. That was when the ball was played long up the field, and the confronation started. And Dyer threw a punch - the lying bastard.

Edited by Summers

That was fucking priceless but the thing I'm mad at is that Souness is putting 100% blame on Bowyer, it wasn't all his fault. Dyer wouldn't pass it to him and Dyer did swing for him at the end of the fight but he missed.

300th post!!

He said Dyer never threw a punch, and plans to appeal his ban.

He said Dyer told him he didn't throw a punch....a little different.

And also Summers, Newcastle shoulda had two penalties, and your 2nd penalty was a joke..

I call shenanigans >_>

That was brilliant. Boywer and Dyer are both a couple of arseholes and deserve everything they get.

Will it just be a three math ban for each of them or will they get longer bans for violent conduct?

And, I must admit, I like my sig...

They should remove Taylor's Red Card aswell, just for the audacity of trying to act like it hit his chest. Priceless

He said Dyer never threw a punch, and plans to appeal his ban.

He said Dyer told him he didn't throw a punch....a little different.

And also Summers, Newcastle shoulda had two penalties, and your 2nd penalty was a joke..

I call shenanigans >_>

Bout time we got a little fucking luck.

Steven Taylor's acting was one of the moment's of the season.

I burst out laughing when I saw him clutch his side, it looked as though he got shot, it was brilliant, then he saw the red card and stopped. Priceless. I think that will be on "Why?" on Soccer AM next week.

And about the Dyer/Bowyer situation, after a great showing off the bench for England, Dyer has just got himself out the England squad I think after that. I don't mind Dyer that much but I really dislike Bowyer. I would have laughed so much if Dyer just lamped him one and knocked him out, would have been classic. I hate Bowyer, he just has a face of a thug and you want to slap him.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Steven Taylor's acting was one of the moment's of the season.

Nomination to be on either Taxi or Platoon highlights on next week's Soccer AM. :lol: he's lucky the fight overshadowed his sending off, because they never really talked about it on MOTD just the fight.