Official Newcastle United F.C. Thread

Twist

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Shearer has confirmed that he will stay on as a player for Newcastle next season.

The former England hit-man had been set to end his illustrious career at the close of the current campaign but has now elected to prolong his time in football as a player.

An excellent campaign has yielded 18 goals in just 30 starts for the St James' Park favourite and this latest news will delight the black and white side of the North East.

Toon boss Graeme Souness intimated that he thought Shearer would continue for another season and now the player has concurred with his manager's wishes.

Despite being in his 35th year, Shearer has proven that he is still one of the sharpest predators in The Premiership and will now report to pre-season training with the rest of his Newcastle team-mates.

Shearer's decision will come as a massive relief for Souness, who would have been left short of striking options - with Craig Bellamy having seemingly played his last game for the club and the future of Patrick Kluivert still undecided.

With Jackie Milburn's goalscoring record in his sight, it is expected that Shearer could well top Newcastle's charts by the close of next season.

It is expected that both player and club will make official statements on Friday.

I'm a big fan of the guy, so I'm happy. Although part of me thinks he's doing this because he doesn't think he's gonna break Jackie Milburn's record this year

Captaincy will drop straight to Jermaine Jenas if he's still here at the end of next year. Givens not quite vocal enough to reach the whole team and Carr just isn't there. For comedy value I'd give it to Bowyer.

But otherwise, fucking ace news.

Alan Shearer, one more season! Pope JP, possibly a few days?

Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer are out of Newcastle's FA Cup semi-final clash with Manchester United after being sent off for fighting each other in a disgraceful brawl.

The pair are certain to be handed three-match bans after trading blows in an extraordinary bust-up nine minutes from the end of their side's humiliating 3-0 home defeat by Aston Villa.

Juan Pablo Angel's fourth-minute opener and two second-half penalties by Gareth Barry as substitute Steven Taylor was also dismissed for deliberate handball handed Villa the points and brought an astonishing end to the Magpies' 12-game unbeaten run.

But the scoreline was the furthest thing from the minds of the home supporters among a crowd of 52,306 who turned up to celebrate Alan Shearer's decision to play on for another season, but left knowing their hopes of a first trophy in 36 years have been dealt a major blow.

Colombian striker Angel had either not read the script or decided to ignore it, and he ended the celebrations before they had begun in earnest, pouncing on a weak defensive header by Jermaine Jenas to thump a low drive past Shay Given and open the scoring.

For much of the half, Villa's central defensive pairing of Olof Mellberg and Martin Laursen were able to mop up with few real scares.

By contrast, the Magpies looked as shaky as they had done for some time at the back as Andy O'Brien endured an error-strewn opening 45 minutes in the face of a stern examination by Angel and Darius Vassell, and Given needed the help of a post to keep out Barry's 30th-minute shot.

Bowyer forced a good fingertip save from Sorensen after playing a neat one-two with Shearer on 51 minutes, but Souness acted swiftly to replace the struggling O'Brien with local boy Taylor.

The newcomer was appealing for a penalty after colliding with Ridgewell in the Villa box on 63 minutes and Butt looked to have a better shout for a push by Samuel seconds later, but referee Knight was not interested.

But any hopes of a fightback were blown apart on 72 minutes when Butt, who had not enjoyed one of his better games, gifted the ball to Vassell, who rounded Given and then saw his goal-bound shot blocked by Taylor's arm.

Knight had little choice but to show the red card and award a penalty, and Barry confidently sent the keeper the wrong way to make it 2-0.

He got the chance to double his tally in the same fashion seven minutes later after Stephen Carr barged Vassell to the ground, and he made no mistake, sending Given the wrong way once again to cement victory.

But Newcastle's misery was completed when Bowyer and Dyer, after arguing angrily, traded blows and had to be separated by team-mates. Knight consulted his assistant, but the outcome was inevitable and both were red-carded to leave their side with just eight men on the pitch.

Took that from AOL Sports New.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Newcastle is full of morons, and convicts - you should go back in for Jody Morris and half the Leicester squad ¬_¬.

Would posting a clip of the fight count as Warez?

I am not too sure if it would or not, I found a little clip of it.

LMAO it is funny.

I hate Lee Bowyer though, he looked like a fucking thug, probably because he is one. I would love to see them both sacked.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Im no Newcastle fan and not a particular fan of either of the players concerned but i think Souness has stated in his press conference that is was Bowyers fault although Dyer walks towards Bowyer , Souness is trying to get Dyer let off so he can play in the FA Cup . I Didnt find the fight funny but the 2 players after apolgising they were sulking like school kids it was hillarious