Official Newcastle United F.C. Thread

Twist

Well, as Newcastle are the on form team right now, whatever these other people believe. I thought it was about time the lads were blessed with their own official thread on the boards of EWB.

I know there are a few more like me out there, come to me. Come be one with your fellow Toon fans. Come bask in the glory that are The Magpies.

"We're The Geordies,

The Geordie Boot Boys,

And we are mad,

And we are mental.

And we're the loyaliest supporters,

The World has ever seen"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laurent Robert...... Everyone knows his name

BEST CHANT EVER

The thing is, whilst we're getting the results we're not playing very consistantly during the games and if I team could actually finish off their chances we'd be fucked. Hopefully we can sort this out for Man Utd, as they're the kind of team to take th opportunities.

Its a poor echo of the exact same Phillippe Albert chant, so that loses points. Best chants ever go to the Andy OB song and the currently experimental Boum Boum Boum, Everybody say Boumsong (Boumsong!) Outhere Brothers chant. It will catch on, mark my words.

We've now got the ability to scrap out results thanks to a bit more intelligence from Tightarse, and hopefully Wednesday should give the lads a bit more confidence going forward. Dyer in a free role is spot on as well, whenever Pats out he should be put up top rather than bringing on Ameobi, who just isn't quite at the right level.

Right now, Rangers (and Celtic) are huge fishes in a small pond. If they came to the Premiership, they wouldn't be able to hack it.

Take Barry Ferguson. He came over the England after being immense in the SPL, but was shit over here and ran back to Scotland. I'd be willing to bet the same thing would happen if teams started coming over to the EPL.

Ferguson was ok, but not worth the £8 million splashed out on him.

Celtic and Rangers simply don't have the money to be successful in the Premiership. Theres no doubt that the Scottish league is inferior. Average/below average Premiership players and top stars in Scotland.

Don't agree that Rangers are bigger than Newcastle. I would put them on par.

If Rangers or Celtic came to the Premiership they would be hovering around 10th - 15th place. On paper, Rangers or Celtic are no better than Villa, Blackburn, Charlton or Portsmouth.

Rangers are probably a bigger club than Newcastle, but remember, Tottenham are a big club too <_<.

Edited by botchedpiledriver

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Shearer has confirmed that he will stay on as a player for Newcastle next season.

The former England hit-man had been set to end his illustrious career at the close of the current campaign but has now elected to prolong his time in football as a player.

An excellent campaign has yielded 18 goals in just 30 starts for the St James' Park favourite and this latest news will delight the black and white side of the North East.

Toon boss Graeme Souness intimated that he thought Shearer would continue for another season and now the player has concurred with his manager's wishes.

Despite being in his 35th year, Shearer has proven that he is still one of the sharpest predators in The Premiership and will now report to pre-season training with the rest of his Newcastle team-mates.

Shearer's decision will come as a massive relief for Souness, who would have been left short of striking options - with Craig Bellamy having seemingly played his last game for the club and the future of Patrick Kluivert still undecided.

With Jackie Milburn's goalscoring record in his sight, it is expected that Shearer could well top Newcastle's charts by the close of next season.

It is expected that both player and club will make official statements on Friday.

I'm a big fan of the guy, so I'm happy. Although part of me thinks he's doing this because he doesn't think he's gonna break Jackie Milburn's record this year

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester