80s Music

tristy

Well, I am a DJ on an 80s radio station, so that should pretty much answer your question.

I love 80s music.....could you post some of your favourites or anything you think i should check out? Then I can see if I have it.

It's great music as long as you don't take it seriously

How do you mean?

How do you define "80s music"? Do you we refer to every single band around at the moment as "00s music"?

I love lots of music from the 80s...Skid Row, The Smiths, Guns 'n' Roses, The Pixies, The Cure, Sisters Of Mercy, The Cult, Aztec Camera, All About Eve...

The 80s ruled, plain and simple.

80s music can be defined simply as 80s music because it's such a distinct sound that you know it was made in the 80s. Same really goes for 50s, 60s, and 70s music.

But usually when someone refers to 80s music they usually mean New Wave or something with a lot of synth. Of course glam rock and hair metal are sub categories.

And when I say "don't take it seriously" I mean, a lot of it is just fun music and is very cheesy, but that's part of its charm. There are plenty of bands from the 80s that wouldn't really fit what I'm talking about, but they don't really fit that distinct 80s sound either.

I can't really make a list of my favorite stuff from the 80s cause most of them are one hit wonders but I'll name a couple of my fave bands that hung in there: Depeche Mode (best "80s style" band ever), Duran Duran, Tears for Fears, Def Leppard.

I once spent 5 hours listening to Hungry Like the Wolf over and over again. You gotta love snowy days.

I'm surprised you don't have some sort of brain damage from that :blink:

The 80's produced some bad-ass fucking music like Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Possessed, Metallica, etc. so the 80's indeed rocks :D

When I hear the word '80's music' I often think about Michael Jackson or Weird Al Yankovich. But sometimes also that Madonna chick and WHAM(george michael and some otehr guy)...or something close to that word.

There ok to me, I preffer the 80's than the 90's music.

I found that quite a few bands I like were part of the 80s. A few of my favorites included The Mentors, Fear, Bad Brains, Kraut, Reagan Youth, Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I., The Adolescents, and more. This was a great era for punk, metal, thrash, oi, etc. Hell I even like some of the New Wave stuff, Devo in particular.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Guest bruins72

I'm what you'd call a "child of the 80's". Sure, I was born in the early 70's but I did most of my real growing up in the 80's. As a kid, I loved a lot of the cheesy early/mid 80's pop. As a teen, I was a big fan of metal (like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Ozzy, Anthrax, and that sort of thing) and also the cheesy hairbands (Skid Row, Whitesnake, Dokken, and even some Poison). I still like a lot of that stuff, some of it is out of nostalgia but some of that stuff is just really good music.