What games have you played today?

ROC

B00006IJJK.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Metroid Prime - 9/10

This game is painful. If I ever meet a Space Pirate in real life, I'm chopping off his dick and feeding it to him. Fuckin Space Pirates, fuck you! This game is a ton of fun, I've had it since 02 and just never got around to playing it much, finally started and it's a blast. Although I have no clue how anyone could ever get 100% on it without a guide.

Edited by Zero

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod Community

Did you miss the original game that started it all?  Well, the mod community is working on it!  Need a new saber hilt that more fits your view of what Jaden is?  Want to play through the game in the guise of your favorite EU character?  The mod community offers a great experience.  Of course, this is true of any game.

Winning Eleven Eight: 9.5/10

The Best sports game period.

Halo 2. It's always Halo 2. I hate the game, but like crack, I can't stay away from it and I'm pulled back in and forced to play until three in the morning with friends. I give it a 9/10 for the addictiveness. When Half Life 2 comes out for Xbox I'll finally be able to break the habbit, and get addicted to something new. Hurray.

MVP Baseball 2005- 10/10

I don't give a lot of Games that score, but this one deserves it. It's fun as hell, and very addicting. Definately the greatest Baseball Game ever made, and one of the best Sports Games of all time. If you do not yet own this Game, go out and get it.

Edited by Sabu

Hulk Ultimate Destruction: 8.5/10

The Best Hulk Game Ever, and one of the best Super Hero games. A MUST PLAY!!

• 2 weeks later...

Fight Club: 3/10

Don't buy it, Don't rent it, and Don't even try it. 3 points for the blood effects.

B00006LU9B.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sonic Mega Collection (GCN) - 8/10

The grade comes from an average of all of the grades I've given the seven main featured games. (Though, I could give it a 10 for that addictive Blue Sphere...) Anyways, because no one asked for it, here's my 10 scale grades for the septet.

Sonic The Hedgehog - 8/10

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 10/10

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - 9/10

Sonic and Knuckles - 9/10

Sonic 3D Blast - 6/10

Sonic Spinball - 6/10

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - 8/10

Yeah, never been much of a fan of 3D Blast and Spinball. But it's still an awesome collection. If you never had the pleasure of owning a Genesis and playing the original 4 2D Sonic games, this is definitely a set to check out. It's also available on PS2 and XBox as well as the Cube, something that makes it more of a collection not to miss.

Timesplitters 2 and Super Smash Bros Melee.

It was my first time playing a Gamecube, I found TS2 a bit dull, but only because my brother played the PS2 version absolutely to death so I'm pretty much sick of it now.

Super Smash Bros Melee was absolutely amazing, though. We had a load of 4-player games, and I lost most of them, due to being a complete newbie, but I ended up winning a few towards the end as Ness, who just rocks.

Midnightclub 3: Dub Edition: 7.5/10

Extreme Warfare Revenge: 8/10

10063650.gif

NHL 06 - 8.5/10

Not the greatest game but it's worth at least a rent. I find that the hitting and scoring is still unrealistic for a hockey game, but it's got one important thing. It's fun.

bb2k6-box-133x200.jpg

Baseball Mogul - 9/10

Very fun game. Has a lot of great added features like morale and players have friends. Quite easy but if you like Mogul-type games then I'd definently check this one out.

B000A3ON64.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

WWE Day of Reckoning 2

Nintendo Gamecube

Rating - 7.75/10

Easily the best wrestling game released in America since the days of the Nintendo 64. It's far from perfection, very far, but it's definitely getting there. So let's go over the bad stuff first.

-Limited set of grapple moves. That's one of the few aspects that Smackdown does better than this game. If they'd implement the four grapple positions from the SD series, then the gameplay would be damn near perfect.

-The AI is still pretty stupid. There are moments where they'll actually kick the shit out of you and win, but you rematch and they're acting stupid the next match. Too often does the AI just stand there and do nothing while you lay on the mat. Which leads me to...

-You stay on the ground too fucking long! Remember when people bitched at how wrestlers didn't "sell" in the Smackdown games? Well this is like THQ's giant, "oh there's no selling, huh? Well here you go, fuckers!"

-Story mode is too linear and offers little replayability. Still, could be worse, it could be Smackdown's limited season mode where you spend your entire career fighting over Stacy Keibler or Torrie Wilson, and listening to poorly acted voiceovers that kill all the cool customization you could do in HCTP.

Now, the good stuff:

-Gameplay, as I said above, is almost perfect. The reversal system is great, and the Momentum shifts are just plain awesome. This is the closest I've felt to playing an actual WWE match.

-The CAW is perfect. Nuff said.

-Despite what I said about the story mode above, it is still very fun. The dialogue is very entertaining and it's a pretty original plot. Unlike the Smackdown games which just recreates stories from five years ago (dropping the beam on the DX Express? C'mon THQ), DOR2 at least offers something new and fresh. Plus, I like that you have to use a created wrestler, reminds me of Fire Pro G.

-The roster is solid. A few glaring omissions, but for the most part, it's spot on, unlike last year's DOR. And while we only have five Legends this year, I'd rather have the five we got than fifteen midcarders from the 80s.

-There's a ton of stuff in the Shop Zone to unlock that is actually USEFUL. Weapons, moves, CAW parts, , etc. Certainly better than Diva loading screens, alternate panties, and a shirt for John Cena.

-The entrance editor is so fucking cool. It's not a huge selling point for me since I usually skip entrances, but it's still very cool.

Play this game now.