• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B0000503MO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - 9/10

B0000696CZ.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 9/10

segagt2002.jpg

SEGA GT 2002 - 7/10

Coming off like GT3-lite, SEGA GT 2002 is a decently solid racing title. It has a decent selection of cars, decent selection of modes and it is fun. The mechanics of the game are not bad, either, by any means. Overall, SEGA GT is a competent substitute for GT3 or GT4. The better news is that you can find this game for extremely cheap (I got this with Jet Set Radio Future for $4 US). Sure, you definitely won't have as much fun as with Gran Turismo, but for the aforementioned price, it cannot be beat.

I'll review JSRF later, but not right now.

Guest Bluesman

I've heard great things about Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith. I can't wait until I move back home for the summer, I'll get to play my friend's copy (as well as KOTOR II) during the day for a week or so while he has to work. Poor bastard.

I've been playing KOTOR, and wow is it a great storyline. I'm playing as a dark scout/consular, and I'm having a blast. The force powers kick major ass, and like I said, the story is quite good as well. This is going to be one of the few games I actually beat, and quite possibly one of the increasingly few I go back through and play again. If it was action (ala Baldurs Gate or Champions of Norrath on the console) the only problem would be the fiancee and I fighting over who gets to play.

9/10

Age of Mythology - 10/10

Reminds me why I started playing strategy games. Needed to get back into playing one.

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis - 4/10

Reminds me I stopped playing strategy games. Idea is brilliant, but it sucks ass on PS2.

Star Wars: Lego - 10/10

As has been said before...it's Lego and it's Star Wars, therefore it is automatically awesome.

Football Manager 04/05 - 10/10

Greatest football management game ever, nothing else needs to be said.

jsr_future.jpg

Jet Set Radio Future - 7/10

From the collective minds of SEGA and Smilebit comes the Japanese siren song of the graffiti culture, Jet Set Radio Future. JSRF puts an interesting twist on the platformer, instead letting you feel more into the rebellion. And the extra tricks you can do on your fancy little roller skates, while only for show, serve to make things more interesting. The cell-shaded textures and graphics are also amazing, especially for a title released very close after the launch of the XBox.

Unfortunately, there's some problems, too. For one, the in-game music, while surreal and ethereal, is quite repetitive. Perhaps a custom soundtrack option would've been cool (though, I don't know how many people around the US would actually have enough tracks that even remotely fit the theme of JSRF). Also, the cops you fight off in between the graffiti spraying trips often get stuck in between objects, creating a bad looking effect for the graphics. And at the end of the day, it also might've needed more extra features than just a mere versus race. How do you make a game with rollers with no cool Tokyo free skate mode or a skating competition with your buddies? How?

That said, JSRF is a reasonably good plaformer. It will engross you with its art style and cover up its rather small flaws well. Still an excellent purchase for $4. If you can find it really cheap (and you should), definitely get Jet Set Radio Future.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

ea944660.jpg

Amped - 6/10

A major disappointment from the standpoint of controls and gameplay. It's near impossible to get on a rail and the stages are too unforgiving to the point of frustration. It won't be a bad multiplayer game, but career mode is too weak for its own good. If you want snowboarding, go for the much cooler SSX series or even go back to 1080 Snowboarding for the N64. Just stay away from this rather overrated title.

perfect_dark_box.jpg

Perfect Dark - 9/10

You know what? Fuck the critics at EGM who proclaimed Perfect Dark one of the ten most overrated games in gaming history and considered this inferior to Halo. Sure, it may be graphically inferior to Halo, but I honestly think I've had just as much fun in challenge multiplayer than I would with Halo's multiplayer. The guns are awesome and the game is still enjoyable, especially in multiplayer. Good luck to Rare if they're gonna make Perfect Dark Zero anywhere near as good as this.

B0002IQCAC.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ESPN College Hoops 2K5 - 7/10

There's nothing too terrible in ESPN's other major franchise. Y'know, the one after pro football, pro basketball, and pro hockey. What makes it work is a solid shooting system and a good gameplay dynamic accompanied by good extras and presentation. Unfortunately, it feels like it is: the fourth out of four 2K Sports games. There's more freezeups in this than in the other franchises's installments and there are Legacy Mode glitches galore.

ESPN College Hoops is a good game, but only worth a rental in my mind, just because there's so much better right now in the sports market.

Final Fantasy X - 9/10

Nothing wrong with the game, but dammit I want to be back in my flat where my copy of Disgaea is. As it is I'm just toying with my brother's PS2 by randomly starting up FFX from the beginning...because I don't even have my memory card either.

Adventures of Lolo - 5/10

Incredibly tough puzzle game. Loses points because it has the "Scare the shit out of you" factor when you're walking along and a sword comes out of the side of a beastie when you're not expecting it.

Sim City 2000 - 10/10

I love this game, although since I reinstalled it, my towns have not been developing the way I remember them.

243939.jpg

Smackdown vs. Raw - PS2

8.5/10

Some great things but the odd stuff messes it up, the game is getting more fun to play as the years go on though

243507.jpg

Fifa Soccer 2005

6.5/10

Only have it since I can't get PES, The game can be summed up in 2 words...Too Easy.