What games have you played today?

ROC

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B0006Q2U5G.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hearts of Iron 2 - 9/10

I've spent all afternoon playing as Italy through 1936 to 1938, building up my navy good and proper in the hope that I'll be a match for the British by 1940. If anyone gets ashore I'm fucked, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. ;)

B00005NGR0.01-A1VC38T7YXB528._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Syphon Filter 3 - 7/10

To its credit, Syphon Filter 3 is fun and intuitive, with a good story especially for a video game. The minigame options are also cool to have, as nodoubtsome gamers won't just want to play the story mode. However, there are a few nagging problems holding this down from being the best of the series. First, the camera is a little screwy and the target system works only around 70% of how it should. Then there's the design of levels like the Jungle, which is done poorly and causes confusion as to where you're supposed to go. Overall, Syphon Filter 3 is intriguing but at the end of the day, it's merely good and just missed the chance to be great.

MVP Baseball 2005 - 9.5/10 - One of the best Baseball games ever made, Gameplay is fun, Dynasty/Owner is fun(al though Owner can be a pain sometimes) and it seems quite realistic with the only minor inconsistancy is I find there are too many spectacular catches.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - 9/10 - Rented it, it's definently one of the best stealth games on the market, I do think it lacks anything that really puts it apart from the other 2 Splinter Cells that are worth the $30+ Price Difference(You could get Splinter Cell & Pandora Tomorrow for cheaper then this one)

Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries: 8/10

Think Civ III but real-time. Think "everyone can do just about everything".

I've loved this game for years and continue to love it. My only problem is that it freezes between songs (but only for a few seconds) and removing the CD keeps it from playing music at all. It also can't find any scenarios, but it's a badass game.

UFC Sudden Impact - 8/10 the best MMA in america.

Rollercoaster tycoon 2(with added expansions) - 9/10 has alot of awesome things compared to the original , but has a few drawbacks such as scenery limit and etc.

Edited by Dochappy

Baseball Mogul 2005: 9/10. It's hard to accurately judge simulators but I can whiz through 10-15 years without even realizing it in this game.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (PC) - 6/10 got frustrated when I fucked up building my roller coaster, closed it down.

Splinter Cell (X-Box) - 8/10 yes the original. I finished it this morning now I can move onto Pandora Tomorrow

Tony Hawks Underground 2 (X-Box) - 8/10 started on Classic Mode after finishing Story months ago. Custom Soundtracks are the bomb. Nothing beats The Dead Kennedy's, Pennywise, Propagandhi, Strung Out, Only Crime, Anti-Flag and Primus (Jerry was a Racecar Driver for old times sake).

Project Gotham Racing 2 (X-Box) - 9/10 my XBL connection is still fucked (Grrrrrrrrr) so it spoilt me from playing online what i'd hoped (I'm the boy at PGR if I say so myself). So I played one player for a bit. Quality game (Shame you can't tune the cars, that's one thing that Gran Turismo has over PGR)

I'm gonna bust out Driver later today and then back to FM game as Juventus (I wanted to start a game as a good team so I have).

Jade Empire

April 17, 2005 - The end product is Jade Empire. Just Wow(Let me dry my boxers before i begin)!

Bioware is making a revoluntionary stride in bringing good story Rpg and combining it with real time action. The dialogue within the game is similiar to the original Kotor and gives you the option of being good or evil depending on your actions.. Okay, After playing five hours of the game ive realized that not only did Bioware try to make the best game of the decade but they also wanted to pay some homage to old school classics such as; Space Invaders and 1942. Im refering to the part of the game where you fly a vehicle that resembles a plane. The combat is striking similar to that of Space Invaders even allowing you to get weapon power-ups which allows you to shoot dual automatic cannons so you can just hold the button down to shoot. The older gamers will get a kick out of Plane sequences. This is a must have AAA game from Bioware, especially if you love the KOTOR series(like me).

9.5/10

Guest Jules

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (PC)

- Great game, you really have to think about what you do, not just run in and spray everyone like with many other FPS titles. Just completed it, awesome stuff. :D

Shadow of Rome (PS2)

- More SoR baby, just a sweet game. Stealth bits continue to get more frustrating, but the immense action still makes up for it.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - Bourght it today with two expansion packs for just £20, fantastic value for what is, in my opinion one of the best games out for pc

imo RCT is better than the 1st simple because now you have more control over how the ride surroundings look and such . The scenarios in RCT 1 rock though , good thing I have both lol

Super Mario 64 DS: 8/10 -> It was a great game on the n64, and although the touch screen added little to the experience the game was good to play through again, and try to find the extra stars.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: 7/10 -> I was so pissed off when the original didnt get a european release so this satisfied my anger and the storyline is good, as is the job system and battles. A bit repititive though.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories: 8/10 -> I'm usually not a big fan of card battle systems *cough* Metal Gear Acid *cough* but this is a brilliant card system, plus the game features Cloud and Sephiroth and it's just awesome.

Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time: 9/10 -> He can run along walls! The only things that stops PoP getting a 10 are, Farah, anyone who has played this will know what I mean. Also, the combat system on this is a bit shoddy compared to Warrior Within. The storyline is great, the sands of time themselves become infinitely handy, the acrobatics of the prince are just seemingly impossible by human standards. Oh, great graphics too.

Same here, for the last few days, I've either been renaming rosters, or leading my Seminoles to the ACC title. Still can't frigging beat Miami though :@

9/10 I think it might just be the best, most enjoyable representation of American Football I've played. It's just the lack of real names (I know why they aren't there, but still), and the repetitive band music that let it down.