What games have you played today?

ROC

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more so over the last 3 days

Half-Life 2 - 10/10 - This game is just awesome only downfall is the use of steam but I have had no problems there so the game still gets 10/10.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - 8.5/10 - Great game but needed to be a bit longer.

The Sims 2 - 8.5/10 - Good game but one of those games you play for awhile but then you just need to take a break.

Total Pro Basketball 2005 - 9/10 - The best basketball sim in the world today imo. Improves a lot on the 2004 version. Needs more involvement with players though like *player gets arrested what you should do*.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 10/10 - Probably the best GTA game made. Downfall is that it is huge but that is also a great thing too.

19ae0640.gif

Alter Ego - 7.5/10 or (**1/2) Often times, sims come up that are little known but very good. You could possibly count this as one of those titles. This game, now abandonware, is a life sim where decisions map out your life and its path. It is text-based, but despite this, it manages to have some pretty good realism towards life and is pretty fun, espiecally for the broad task it attempts to cover. It is also pretty funny in reminding you of life and is good at giving you actual life advice, something games have never usually found themselves doing. Overall, it's a solid DOS gem. Check it out at Abandonia, if you want to play.

NFL Street 2 - 8.5/10

Not much different from the first one, but it's still a fun game. Only thing I don't like is one section of the goal mode, it's basically whoring other EA games because if you have a save for a certain game you'll have more points to unlock things, so they want people to go out and buy EA games just to make 20,000 credits, screw that.

Rock N Roll Racing - 9.5/10

Awesome arcady racing game, pretty simplistic but ultra fun. Involves you going around the track and you can leave mines or shoot the other cars.

Over the last couple of days...

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PS2) - 9/10 - Second play through and i'm still loving it. Agree about it being a bit short though.

Unlimited Saga (PS2) - 8/10 - Bought it about 4 months ago and only really got into it the last few days. The battles and storyline are brilliantly done and although people complain about the way chracter interaction is handled (you see a 2d screen with your characters and hear their speech) i doesn't bother me too much. However it would've

been a 9 if it had been more traditional in this department.

Final Fantasy 8 (PS1) - 10/10 - Easily the greatest rpg of all time. The animation, gameplay and graphics etc are brilliant but the story is what makes it stand out. The whole garden idea is really well implemented and even the love story aspect, while I personally don't go for it, makes sense and is clearly well thought out.

Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 9.5/10 - Only played it for about 20 mins but still figured i'd write a bit on it. The only reason this doesn't get a ten is because it's not quite as good as FF8 but easily the best (non-sports) PS2 game I own.

XIII (PS2) - 8.5/10 - I absolutely LOVE this game. The "cartoon" format makes this game pretty funny, and it is also an above average SPS.

Basically, I would urge anyone to try all of these games.

FIFA 2005 - I know that alot of you guys (mainly the Brits) don't like this game too much, but I really enjoy it. I got it on the cheap, and I found it to be really fun. I haven't had a chance to try Winning Eleven, is it any good?

Well i've never played Winning Eleven but I've got Pro Evo 4 and thats the same game really. But yeah, it is outstanding. I don't hate Fifa like alot of people but Pro Evo is twice as good in terms of gameplay. Alright it doesn't have the presentation of Fifa but still, in my opinion, the graphics on the pitch are actually more realistic. The only issue with Pro Evo is the lack of licensing (which IS getting better) but that's easy to get around as everything is completely editable.

Wrestling spirit (9/10) - Another great game by Ryland

Entrepreneur - (6/10) good game but hard to get started

Pirates Gold (10/10) - fucking brilliant game

Detroit (8/10) - a great automobile industry game - you build the cars hire/fire workers and etc.

The Clue! - (7/10) a good game but it's pretty easy. its basically a theft simulation. You play a thief . you can hire epoepl to help buy tools of the trade , stake out the building or place you want to rob to get afeel for the activity . then you go to your apartment and make out the plan if you have a good plan you'll get away clean.

Police Quest 4 -Open Season (6/10) love this police game but its friggin hard!

Warcraft (8/10) great game , I'm really Loving it)

Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes - The Case of Serrated Scalpel(5/10) - if you like mystery's then this game is for you , basically a point and click game at heart but its still fun

ShadowRun(10/10 - a great cyber punk game that was released for the Snes and Genesis , I have the Genesis version and its a great Rpg , you can hack computer systems by jumping into the matrix and several other things

Phantasy Star IV -(10/10) For the Sega Genesis . I beat it a while back and with all the olg game system talk going around I dug out my genesis and I'm starting to play i again

Games Currently Playing

Resident Evil 4(GCN): 9.5/10

-Best Survival Horror game ever? You betcha'!

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GCN): 9/10

-A Great follow up to the gamecube classic, a classic itself.

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic 2(X-Box): The Sith Lords: 9/10

-So far, just as lovely as the first