What games have you played today?

ROC

Halo-10/10 when there was good multiplayer goodness

Super Smash Bros. Melee-8/10 awesome game and I proved why I dominate to my friends

TEW-7/10 Just went forward a couple of days in my backyard federation

Magic: The Gathering Online-8/10 It's fun to play the game I like in real life online

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect Dark-10/10 Best FPS for N64, no doubt. It's definetely better than some other FPS shooting games period.

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2-10/10 Having to have a translation guide with me didn't deter me from enjoying this game, since I've played WWF No Mercy before and it was basically the same engine.

B000083OJ2.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hearts of Iron - 8/10

The World War 2 version of all those very-similar games made by Paradox which originated with Europa Universalis, HOI rules.

At the moment it's September 1942. I am Germany, and the British Isles have fallen 3 months after I landed forces in Cornwall. I've also conquered all of South East Europe (including Greece), Turkey, the Middle East, and Egypt. The USA are at war with Japan but not me, thankfully. I am currently pumping roughly 70% of all my resources into research, and at this rate should have Nuclear capability by Spring 1943, with a rudimentary bomb being ready about a year after that.

And I'll fucking need it too. The Soviets are just sitting there and staring across the border. They scare the HELL out of me.

Donkey%20Kong%20Country.jpg

Donkey Kong Country 8/10

After decieding to have a quick SNES sesh I found this game amogst my pile of carts. It brings back some great memories of a mispent youth playing the Mine Cart Madness level over and over. That level sums up what so's great about this game, the variation in levels. Just when you become used the the standard platfroming art of jumping on the heads of your foes DKC throws you a curveball and you find yourself racing along a spooky track on an old minecart. The addition of other animals also helps to freshen things up. Nothing like clinging on to a raging rhino as it charges through your enimies. That said it is a little disturbing how Donkey Kong seems to thrust himself whilst riding the Swordfish.

kong.jpg

That beastiality issue aside this is a great game that still looks good today some 10 years after it was made. Never completed it mind so i'm working through it again, up to the factory. Wish me luck :thumbsup:

Edited by King Ellis

933200b.jpg

Grand Theft Auto - 7.5/10 or (**1/2) While not even close to comparible to GTA3 and Vice City, this game is still fun if you just want to shoot some stuff.

622717.jpg

NFL Gameday 2003 - 2.5/10 or (1/2*) Abysmal. With terrible gameplay mechanics, weak graphics, terrible glitches, and just plain laziness, Gameday 2003 shows why game makers should just stop reliving their past on PS1.

ok huge list for me over this long weekend so far...

The Sims 2 - 10/10

Conker's Bad Fur Day - 9/10

007 Goldeneye - 9/10

The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time - 8/10

Perfect Dark - 8/10

Mario Kart 64 - 8/10

Super Mario 64 - 8/10

Super Smash Brothers - 8/10

WWF No Mercy - 8/10

Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 - 8/10

Mario Party 1 - 7/10

Mario Party 2 - 7/10

Mario Tennis - 7/10

Star Fox 64 - 7/10

Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer - 6/10

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - 6/10

Excitebike 64 - 2/10

xclusive_subzero.jpg

Mortal Kombat Deception - 9.5/10

While the fighting engine doesn't exactly stack up to Soul Calibur, this game is absolutely spectacular. The engine has been tweaked to near perfection and it's leagues ahead of Deadly Alliance. This game single-handedly resurrects the dead franchise. A rip off of Puzzle Fighter, an interesting Chess Kombat, the Role Playing mode Konquest, and Online play make this the best fighter in years.

X-Men Legends-8/10

This game is so unbelievably sweet as it puts you in a hack and slash with cool moves like Star Wars: KOTOR did in a sense. The multiplayer kicks ass, the graphics aren't too bad(though I had some gripes with the way some characters looked), and it just has an awesome story line and replayability. I've only finished one mission so far, so I can tell this game is going to last me a while.

B000034DMT.01-standard.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Driver - 7.5/10 or (**1/2) A quite solid game, even if it keeps freezing up on me.

230960.jpg

All Star Racing - 1.5/10 or (1/2*) Not worth any purchase at all. Its racing modes are not even as good as Gran Turismo's exhibition modes.

Madden 2005 9/10

The improved Franchise mode is really hooking me in, listening to all these callers bag my Colts (GRRR! SMASH! KILL! SMMMMMAAAAAAAAAASH! :shifty: ) but seriously it is one of the best Maddens they've done IMO.

Crazy Taxi 7.5/10

I just can't resist sliding this in when I want a session but don't have much time. I'm going to get $20,000 in fares in my game even if it kills me (Yeah I suck but what can ya do?)

LMA Manager 2004 4/10

Sooooooooo Sloooooooow! Take your 3D engine and shove it fair up your arse Codemasters and give me my season in an hour gameplay back.

• 2 weeks later...

madden04.jpg

Madden NFL 2004 - 9.5/10 or (***1/2) Even dated Maddens rule. If you're cheap, scoop this game up used. I still have pride in paying $50 for this last year, though.

SmashBrosBox.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Melee - 9/10 or (***1/2) Still a very good (and cheap) purchase for Gamecube.

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 - 10/10 No explaination needed here.

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - 9/10 One thing it lacks is the main character seems a little bland. Not as good as Jedi Outcast which is plain awesome in my opinion, but it is still great nontheless. The story, graphics, everything is great.

B00020V4NU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Madden NFL 2005 (9.0 out of 10)

I haven't played ESPN NFL 2K5, so this is the best football game i've played

B0001HAI8G.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

MVP Baseball 2004 (9.5 out of 10)

By far the best baseball game out on the market

007.jpg

Super Mario RPG (10 out of 10)

My favorite Mario game ever

Picked up two new games:

boxgcn.jpg

NFL Street - 8.5/10 or (***1/2) Difficult as heck but definitely worth playing.

B0000A0834.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Tony Hawk's Underground - 9/10 or (***1/2) Buying the first installment of a series after they start selling the second installment = cheap. Quite an addictive game, too, definitely getting its money's worth.