ROC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE Day of Reckoning

8.0/10

I haven't put this game down since I bought it a week before Christmas. I prefer it to Smackdown vs Raw in most ways, though SDR obviously got better treatment from WWE -- more match types, voice overs, etc. But still, I enjoy matches on DOR a lot more, they're just more fun. The negatives are the lack of the Velocity arena, and no Dudleys, Funaki, or JBL, especially the last two, as I believe they were both champs then.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

7.0/10

I've only owned this game for like two days. My brother traded some pot (he said it was only worth $5) for it. It's a farily old game, released in 2002 IIRC. I liked the storyline, and the graphics were okay, but the gameplay lacked a lot. No climbing or jumping to my knowledge, and I wish more shooting games would allow 3rd person viewpoints. I also disliked the memory requirements, 17 blocks is a bit rough when your spare memory card is loaned out, and both it and your old one only hold 58ish.

Guest Grapehead

I love having an HD on my PS2, buying games for the rental price is awesome haha. Today I got:

SmackDown vs RAW - 7/10(a lot of things could be better)

DBZ: Budokai 3 - 7/10(it's leaps and bounds ahead of the others, especially in the story, but still... something feels... ew)

Smackdown vs. RAW - 6.0/10

Could be worse, could be Smackdown 3, but it's the worst in the series since that pile of trash. The voiceovers limit the game more than expand on it, I would have gladly dropped those for an option to have a six man elimination match where you can actually go outside the fucking ring. Online is terrible, though I can let that slide since it was pretty much a last minute option. The removal of previous features is inexcusable, though it is standard procedure from THQ/Yukes; where's two player season? We had that in the very first fucking game, no reason it shouldn't be in there. Where's the option to rearrange the rosters how you see fit? Again, that's something the voiceovers fucked up. Where's the alternate outfits? etc etc etc...

Now, that said, there are some shining spots. The gameplay has come a very long way. The new submission system is nice, though get rid of that ridiculous visual effect that makes me feel like I'm on LSD while locking in the Sharpshooter. Aside from the errors mentioned above, Season Mode isn't bad, just needs more variety. Lots of match types, great CAW, and very stylish. Unfortunately, that's alway been THQ's biggest setback, all sizzle, no steak.

Meh never had too much contact with the French...The Americans got killed early on.

I made good early friends with the Germand, traded loads then built the UN so that whenever my spies got caught nicking research from them they always allied to me again! Hoorah for politics!

Hearts of Iron ate up 5 hours of my life last night without my even noticing.

Moscow, check. Leningrad, check. Just Stalingrad to go.

Also I randomly played through Sonic & Knuckles from start to finish, but I do that quite often anyway.

I was forced to uninstall Civilization III in order to free up its 1.7GB space for downloads...*sniff*.

Right now it's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I have yet to try out the multiplayer, but the fact you can do missions with a partner seems golden.

The graphics have been improved over last year's edition and there were some slightly new features. The story, so far, is engaging and I can't wait to keep playing. The newest and best feature by far is the sound meter. We all know that we have to keep quiet in order to avoid being detected, now we have something to quantify our noise and there's a level which has the ambient noise. We have to stay below that in order to remain undetected.

9/10

Star Wars: Republic Commando (X-BOX): 8/10

A great addtion to the great star wars universe of games.

TimeSplitters 3: Future Perfect: 8.5/10, Multiplayer just owns.