What games have you played today?

ROC

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mrc1.jpg

MRC - 4/10 or (*1/2) One of the suckier N64 racing games. Bad physics, a lack of cars, and more problems are the exact reason and a strange omen that the N64 would never have a really good realistic racing game.

Hey, I actually played a video game recently...and it is without a doubt one of the greatest games ever made

Ladies and gentlemen....

Donkey Kong Country for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I give it a whooping 10 out of a possible 10. One of the few games that I actually felt like I accomplished something when I beat it. It is also one of the few games, along with Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Link to the past, that I actually replayed over and over again until I was sick of it... and tell to you the truth, I don't think I ever did get sick of this game. Crazy addictive, challenging and well thought out, yet fun levels, simple story to understand (bad guy steals banana hoard, go through different areas and retrive portions of the banaa hoard from each area boss, deafeat final boss...TWICE....return banana hoard, game done), amazing graphics and sound for its time (the in game music give the game a unique touch), tons of little things that make the game extra fun (riding various animals, mini-tasks such as getting the "KONG" and animal medillions, etc) and the replay value is through the roof. Oh, and the mine cart levels are all kinds of awesome. Well worth the perfect score. If you don't own this game, GET IT! Even if you don't have SNES, buy the system and pick up Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. Trust me, if will be worth money and the time.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

ESPN NFL 2k5-8.5/10 (Could possibly change, I only played a little bit online)

Madden 2005-9/10 (Good franchise mode, good game overall)

Showdown: Legends Of Wrestling-4/10 (Career is too damn short, and punching and kicking your way through a match isn't fun.)

TopSpin-8.5/10 (Good tennis game, fun with 3 friends)

Pokémon Red - 6/10 - Decided to check what my team was

Pokémon Crystal - 8/10 - Just bought it to compete with Chris. :P

Pokémon Colosseum - 9/10 - Annoying atm 'cause I can't get Ho-oh

Pokémon Ruby - 9.5/10 - Just restarted

Mario Party 4 - 10/10 - Yay! 3vs1 mini games! Yay!

Mario Kart - Double Dash!!! - 10/10 - Mario Kart, 'tis never boring.

I love my gamecube party style games.

Super%20Mario%20World.gif

Super Mario World - 9/10 or (***1/2) One of the only reasons I am happy for my SNES (btw, my SNES game collection is weak). It's some very good stuff and still enjoyable after I've beaten it many times.

street2_2_800x600.JPG

NBA Street Vol. 2 - 9/10 or (***1/2) Gamecube version. This is just an awesome pick up and play game. Very good stuff. Now where's Volume 3, EA BIG?

• 3 weeks later...

No pics...but

Burnout 3: Takedown: 9/10 awesome sense of speed and the crashes are insane. I love this game!!

NCAA Football 2004: I got it used for $9.99 at EB Games. I have never played a college football game before and even when I like the features, I just cant get into it. 5/10

ESPN NFL 2K5: 10/10 the best football game ever. The only football game since Madden 64 that has gotten me playing for more than one season. I am really pissed because in the middle of my 14-1 record and bye trough the playoffs(I think I have a couple of regular season games left) my whole Defense is going down. I am the Eagles and Jeavon Kearse, Nate Wayne and Lito Sheppard are out for the playoffs, with Dexter Wynn and Fred Smoot(acquired via trade) out until the second round. I was undefeated until my first game without them, which I lost 24-14 to the Rams..My D was horrible...no INT's, no forced fumbles...no nothing!! with my whole D intact, I averaged 3.5 INT's and 2 forced fiumbles a game....with 1.5 defensive touchdowns a game.

Pokemon FireRed: 10/10. The first Pokemon game since Crystal that gets me hooked. I,for some reason, couldnt get into Ruby and Sapphire.

just got finished playing

Civilization 3 - 8/10 - great game but it sucks up my time

Hitman 2 - silent assassin - 10/10 - love this game classic the only came you cna sneak up behind some thug pissing and slice his neck

Guest Mr McFarlane

B00000K4AX.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

System Shock 2 Oh sweet lord my penis has exploded in a firestorm of FPS goodness. This is one of the greatest computer games I've ever played. Period. Basically the best way I can explain SS2 is that it is a RPG First Person Shooter.

Seems insane right? Well let me explain, You choose from different skills (IE: Hack, Repair, Research) and different stats (Strength, Agility, Endurance, etc.) that are used for a wide variety of things. Hacking can be used to shut down camera systems so you aren't caught while saundering around a level. Repair is used for repairing, Duh. Well more specifically when you fire a gun it becomes less and less effective. It has it's own HP if you will, If you don't do regular matinence to your favorite gun it will just basically stop working. Gun Jams are all to common also, I swear right now I have three shotguns that are all fucking jammed and I can't use them worth a damn.

I can't really tell you anything about the story since I have not gotten too far into the game so far but I can tell you this, It's easily one of the Top 10 best FPSs ever.

95.8% out of 100%