What games have you played today?

ROC

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B00004T72D.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Perfect Dark (GBC) - 5/10

How is this a game made by Rare? HOW? Awkward controls, awful AI, and merely okay levels blackball the Game Boy version of the much better N64 game. Ugh, highly disappointing.

Day of Reckoning: 7.5/10

I want to give this 8, but I feel mean. With just those few extra options, and a little bit more attention and detail paid to it, this could have been awesome. As it is, its the best wrestler on the next-gen consoles, and the second one could easily be something awesome.

WWF No Mercy: 9/10: I wanna give it a 10, it's an awesome game, but there are too many handicap matches in Championship mode, honestly, how likely is it that you'd have that many handicap matches in a lifetime much less the few months you go through in that mode.

Star Wars Battlefront 7/10

A good, fun while it lasts shooter, that when actually in battle, I can't find all that many complaints with (other than the speed your character moves, which is annoyingly slow). However, all three single player game modes are essentially the same - play one, play them all - and the same is true for battles (shitloads of soldiers, fight until opposition are dead. Next battle. Repeat. Next battle. Repeat. etc, etc). So, my main gripe is the fact its all very, very samey with zero variety in game modes and battles.

But, as I said, battles can be fun, and once inside the fights, all the basics seem to be covered (just the damn speed of characters).

Not ground-breaking, not the best shooter on the XBox, not even the best of its kind on the XBox, and nothing special. But some enjoyment, and worth looking into now it's part of the cheap 'XBox Classics' range.

B0002IQC8E.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Burnout 3: Takedown - 9/10

I stand corrected. Burnout 3 is easily to arcade racing what Gran Turismo was to the sim genre. All the modes are fun, though I've found supreme enjoyment in Crash mode. I won't say that it's better than GT, especially when the DJ sucks, 90% of the music is crap, and there's no real brand name cars. But then again, I can't really compare this to GT, when it's apparant that this game is much different than GT.

P.S. This makes it Dan 1, ROC 0. <_<

Blockbuster had a 4 for £20 offer so I've played many games today.

B0000VSH4U.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sonic Heroes - 8.5/10

This is a cool game, obviously, because it's Sonic. I love Team Dark and want to work through Story Mode to unlock more things. Multiplayer is fun because I beat Benji. (Y)

B00009WAVI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

SSX3 - 5/10

So far, not impressed. Need to unlock a hell of a load of things though.

10422.jpg

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury - 6.5/10

One thing I will say about this. It's too freakin' hard. Great fun, but hard.

242934.jpg

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - 9/10

Yes, I wasn't looking forward to a Goldeneye sequel either, but this is well done. Haven't tried Campaign mode yet, so the rating is purely on multiplayer.

Well, thats all for today.

916068b.jpg

Super Smash Brothers: Meele: 9/10

Holy fuck do I ever love this game whenever I got to play it. It's the only fighting game I ever put my hands on it is pure brillance.

dynastywar5_ps2box_usa_org_000boxart_160w.jpg

Dynasty Warriors 5: 9.5/10

Another awesome game and pretty much the only hack n' slash I'll play.

1095.jpg

NHL: EHM 2005: 10/10

This is what the original NHL: EHM should have been. Orgasm in a bottle.

SonicSpinballPAL.jpg

Sonic Spinball (GEN) - 6/10

A mesh of the Sonic the Hedgehog series and the ever ancient art of pinball, Sonic Spinball is part innovation, part overcomplication. It's a neat approach to the pinball gamne that manages to be fun for a while, yet it seems you need to do far too much to get to the next level. It's often frustrating trying to hit Sonic towards the next area of the board for the 50th time in order to end up at another place to get the last emerald you need for the boss battle. The overcomplication probably also occurs because there are only FOUR levels in the game. And, while they're not much of a problem, the sound could've been done a bit better IMO.

Overall, Sonic Spinball is a meh attempt to dimensionalize the Sonic series past the classic platformers. It's kinda fun, but probably not something I'd recommend to anybody other than Sonic fanatics.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004: 7.5/10

The game itself is cool with p[lenty of options and customisation as you'd expect from EA, but there could be more reali-life players and it's too biased towards the US as of course it would be.

Also I signed up to the online mode (which after 30 days costs grrrr) and it wouldn't let me log on, saying my code has already been entered.

So that lowers the score a little.

So does the lack of vitality and excitement at times.

However mechanically it's great, driving a par 4 green is great, so is chipping in or near, and sinking a heavily sloping 50 foot putt.

045496734053F.JPG

Donkey Kong (GBA NES Classics) - 6/10

A great game when I originally played it on my NES when I was just a wee Nintendo fan in the making. However, since then Mario's jumping ability has severly improved so it's odd doing such little jumps, and 3 levels isn't long enough these days even though the jumping jack things on level 2 still piss me off.

Today I went to Nintendo All Stars '05 so I've played a lot.

01.jpg

NEW Super Mario Bros. - 7/10

Only got to play three levels, some parts zoomed out when they didn't need to. But overall good, needs a fecking name though.

051104_mario-kart-ds_ss-01.jpg

Mario Kart DS - 9.2/10

Only got to play three courses, but won all of them. Will surely get this game.

PokemonXD.JPG

Pokémon XD - Gale Of Darkness - 9.7/10

I caught a shadow Metang and saw a Bonsly, which was brilliant!

trailer3_small.jpg

Legend Of Zelda: The Twilight Princess - 8/10

Hmmm...should be better for a Zelda game. Although if you see my review in NOMUK, you'll know exactly how I felt about it.

I continue to press ahead on Disgaea (which is Godlike. But then, you all knew this). Having been whooped by the Seraph once already, I am spending some time levelling my characters to an appropriate standard (at least Lv75, if not higher) so I can smite his angelic ass nice and proper. Then watch whichever ending it is I get, and start all over again. ^_^

9.5/10. Admit it bitches.

Edited by stokeriño

Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut(Gamecube): 4/10

Man, Sonic games this gen really tend to suck. Horrible camera, and confusing level designs, and the graphics doesn't look half bad, but aren't that good either. Next time, I picking the game to borrow, not my brother <_<

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

8/10

While not my favorite in the series (that honor belongs to Dark Forces II), Jedi Academy is still a solid addition to the series.

Pros:

It uses the same engine as Outcast

I'm not usually one to find game engines heavily repetitive, so this may very well be a con to some people. In my opinion, the engine the game runs on performs very well with only a few flaws.

More 'saber options

While I haven't gotten that far in the game yet, the option to choose between using a single saber, dual sabers, or the Exar Kun style Double-bladed saber brings an additional edge to the game. Also having a small tutorial in the game on how to pull off additional saber moves makes the game a little better. Also, being able to select your hilt at the beginning of the game is also a great option.

Mod Community

Did you miss the original game that started it all? Well, the mod community is working on it! Need a new saber hilt that more fits your view of what Jaden is? Want to play through the game in the guise of your favorite EU character? The mod community offers a great experience. Of course, this is true of any game.

Cons:

You Play As Jaden Korr

Nothing against the character, personally. However, it feels a little weird to be playing a Jedi Knight game without being Katarn himself.

Rosh is too annoying.

I don't know if it's the dialogue written for him or the voice actor, but it's just too much.

• 2 weeks later...

1.jpg

Madden NFL 2006 (GCN) - 8/10

I don't want to sound like a man not liking it as much due to the whole Exclusivity dealy, but let's just say that I was addicted and disappointed at the same time. Also, let's be honest, Madden won't probably be truly groundbreaking again at least graphically until the release of it on the next gen consoles, starting probably with 06's likely release with the XBox 360 during the holiday season this year.