Best Game Intro

Farmer Reil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The intro to Red Alert 2 rocked. But then, it was a Soviet invasion of the United States. How could it not? :shifty:

All of the MGS introes have been great. I really want to play MGS1 again...the lack of clean-cut walls to hide behind in MGS3 is starting to perturb me. <_<

Any Star Wars game, simply because they all start off with the text crawl and music, and have the 'spaceship flying overhead' thing that just gets you right into it.

Also any FF game, because as has been said - Squaresoft know how to get you involved with it all. Hell, I even liked the X-2 opening. If anything's going to get me into a girly bubble-pop mood, it's Rikku.

RK/ZB!

Ooh, ooh - just flicking through my games pouch: Monkey Island 2.

*Guybrush hanging from thin rope inside deep chasm, holding heavy treasure chest in other hand, and clearly in a very perilous situation*

*A second rope is dropped down*

Elaine: "Well well well, Guybrush Threepwood. You do turn up in the strangest places."

Guybrush: "Er...hi Elaine. Do you think you could help me out?"

Elaine: "How did you get into this mess?"

Guybrush: "It's kind of a long story."

Elaine: "That's okay, I've got time."

Guybrush: *sigh*

Bwahahaha...

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2. Seeing all those Russian troops landing in America and the sheer number of paratroopers falling in. Amazing.

Yeah, that would rank right up there with me.

For me, it's the intros of the two Fallout RPGs. They are both really awesome, setting the tone of the game perfectly and whipping out a swerve at the end to grab your attention. The following narrative is haunting, although the first is better. Yeah, I can't really say this enough, you guys need to buy Fallout.

Edit: Hey, Heel Turn agrees with me. Buy it, you assholes.

I can't believe I forgot...

WWF NO MERCY!

That kicked ass, mainly because anyone in the intro would be updated when you updated their appearance in the game. I'd sometime change people's (second) outfits so they'd appear in the intro screen, so instead of Austin stunning someone he was now OK with, I'd change that person to be someone he was feuding with and stuff. I always, always watched that intro, because it never got boring.

Star Wars: Dark Forces - Jedi Knight

Cool because it was before Episode I, and there were a lot of lightsabers at the start.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - full of total mark out moments, like when Snake unlocks the parachute and it falls behind him, mirroring MGS2.

Monkey Island 2.

Soul Blade - dunno why just thought great music and cool action. Got me in the mood to play.

Shogun: Total War - cos it takes footage from the Kurosawa film "Ran".

• 2 weeks later...