Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I agree, I don't want him anymore, his lack of loyalty is a big factor for me, if it wasn't for Arsene seeing talent in him he'd of never become the player he is today.

I want some exchanges though, because money means nothing since we don't seem to be using what we already have.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll definately need a replacement - as even with Vieira partnering him, Fabregras has shown he isn't ready to accept the defensive duties of a centre midfielder. That can be directly linked to Vieira's poor form this season, as the loss of Gilberto has meant he has had to cover Flamini and Fabregras.

Who else remembers Alan Hansen saying that if Arsenal had bought Carrick they would have won the league?

:pervert:

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Well we haven't replaced Edu so losing Vieira aswell means, we need a replacement, I love both Fabregas and Flamini but we need someone older who can perform week in and week out.

Basically we need to start signing people because this is boring the shit out of me.

I would've said sign someone like Enzo Maresca who I've been told is very good, but he's just joined Sevilla.

Apparently we'll be putting a lot of money into a bid for Julio Baptista, which I don't mind at all.

I'd like a bloody goalkeeper though. Seen as Wenger has no faith in Graham Stack, we need a third choice 'keeper who isn't 18-years old and has never played a first-team game in their life! Grrr...

Chelsea Agree Diarra Deal

Chelsea have agreed a deal with Le Havre for midfield prospect Lassana Diarra.

The 20-year-old is to clinch a dream switch to Stamford Bridge and become the second of Jose Mourinho's summer buys.

Le Havre were at pains to point out that Chelsea acted very professionally throughout the negotiations and they are pleased that Diarra is joining the Premiership champions as it represents such a great opportunity for the player.

Diarra played for France in the summer Under-20 tournament against England in Toulon and talks have been continuing for some time between the two clubs.

He can also play in defence and has previously attracted interest from Nantes.

No transfer fee has yet been disclosed but it is claimed that Mourinho was personally impressed with the Le Havre starlet and moved to add him to his squad ahead of the new season, when Chelsea will defend the Premiership title.

Even though Diarra has been playing at Ligue 2 level, he is highly regarded within France.

Thats crap.

Why would we flog our best defender trying to replace one world class player? That means we would have to go and buy another world class centre back, what are we then going to try and get Milan to part with Nesta by offering Henry? Why would we have gone through all that trouble getting Sol to sign a new deal only to flog him.

I don't want Jenas at all. £20m is a fucking joke anyway, he is worth £5m tops, if he wasn't English he would probably be cheaper. Like SWP, worth £10-12m tops. Not more than £20m.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Thats crap.

Why would we flog our best defender trying to replace one world class player? That means we would have to go and buy another world class centre back, what are we then going to try and get Milan to part with Nesta by offering Henry? Why would we have gone through all that trouble getting Sol to sign a new deal only to flog him.

I don't want Jenas at all. £20m is a fucking joke anyway, he is worth £5m tops, if he wasn't English he would probably be cheaper. Like SWP, worth £10-12m tops. Not more than £20m.

Please don't ask to talk to us.

I don't want us spending £25m on someone we really don't need. That £25m could be split for four new players, defenders, a keeper and a central midfielder.

Let him go rot at Chelsea. Who is going to be dropped? Duff? Robben?

City agree to Wright-Phillips fee 

Manchester City and Chelsea have reached agreement over a £21m transfer fee for Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The Blues had had a £20m bid for the 23-year-old winger rejected but a £21m compromise has reportedly been agreed.

City have also given the England international permission to open personal talks with the title holders.

"As a result of Shaun's request to speak to Chelsea we have conducted a series of complex negotiations with Chelsea," said a City spokesman.

On Saturday City boss Stuart Pearce had insisted Wright-Phillips would not be sold on the cheap. "His advisers need to be acutely aware we need to get our valuation for him.

"I'm disappointed he's made this decision but I respect the wish to play where he feels there's a great chance to further his career.

"It would be very difficult to sell the football club above what Chelsea can realise in the next 20 years."

Wright-Phillips played for City in their friendly at Tranmere on Friday but withdrew from the side to play at Macclesfield on Saturday.

City claimed he was feeling unwell and had been driven home.

Wright-Phillips has previously insisted he wanted to stay at City and the club have always made it clear they wanted to keep their prized asset.

Pearce added: "I am a little bit frustrated with him but not annoyed. I know him inside out and he is a smashing player to manage.

"He will be a massive asset to any football club he represents whether that is Manchester City for another 10 years or somebody else.

"I don't think he is the finished article yet, he can only get better. As someone to work with, he is fantastic and my opinion on that is not going to change."

Wright-Phillips joined City in the summer of 1998 having been a trainee at Nottingham Forest and has played almost 150 games for the club.

Arsenal were also thought to be keen to sign him but are unlikely to be able to compete with the spending power of the Stamford Bridge outfit.

Wright-Phillips was City's joint top scorer with 11 goals last season and also made his England debut which saw him score against the Ukraine after coming on as a substitute.

Chelsea were set to swoop for Steven Gerrard before the midfielder signed a new deal with Liverpool and have also made a bid for Lyon's Michael Essien.

Edited by pigeon