Crazy Frog Is #1 In The UK...Almost

tristy

One could say the same about Coldplay, only replace "chavs" with "dull middle-aged people/public schoolboys" though, Pkmn.

Coldplay fucking suck, they're the dullest piece of shite in the spectrum of recorded music, and it's not as acceptable as it was 3 years ago when the scene was almost dead on its ass.

Now we have a fairly vibrant alternative music scene, and Coldplay are just intolerable.

RK/ZB!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

They don't have to perform anything, especially on Top of the Pops, because basically it'd be the same songs each week, they just pick random ones, not actually all 40 tracks.

You're probably talking about the radio countdown, but if they didnt wanna play something they'd probably just say.

They don't have to perform anything, especially on Top of the Pops, because basically it'd be the same songs each week, they just pick random ones, not actually all 40 tracks.

You're probably talking about the radio countdown, but if they didnt wanna play something they'd probably just say.

I remember when Orbital first performed on TOTP.

They pressed a button on the sequencer and just stood there for the rest fo the time.

No dancers, no set.

Proper lush.

There's been a few others that have done similar actions. I can't remember who it was, might have been Picotto, he pressed a button and just sat there in an armchair.

It gives TOTP a headache which is why they now force a troop of dancers on "dance acts".

.... it's not just the ringtone. It's the Axel F Remix.

So there is an actual song, as shit as it is. Meaning there is enough for dancers to work with, and there's a music video they can play.

Isn't it?

Edit: Yes it is, it's the remix. So it's no different from any other synthesied music.

http://www1.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduc...1;-1&sku=376906

Also Top of the Pops plays the number one song every week, even if it's been in the charts for weeks (Amarillo) and they usually find a way even if they don't have anything to put on screen. (They wern't legally allowed to show the Elvis Presely videos, so they did a photo montage of his life to the music, they'll have no problems playing the music video in place of a live performance)

I'd guess the music video is the same as the advert they've been playing constantly. The Axel F Remix starts, then it goes into some stupid animation where the 'frog' is being chased along a highway. Points to notice are that while the bad guy is riding a motorbike, the 'frog' isn't. He's just pretending to ride a bike. And still getting away. It sucks, but I'd assume they'll use that.

Edited by Kaney

Oh. Damn, that shit is confusing. I guess you're right about how it'd be the same songs each week.

Apologies.

Reil - "perform" being a word used very loosely, hmm?

Seeing as it's all miming and synth-pop anyway, these days.

I fucking hate the UK singles chart. Give me the album and/or indie chart any day, biatch.

I hate that the New Rhodes only got to number 38, yet are infinitely better than half of the crap in the top 10 every fucking week. And I'm not just saying that because my friend is dating the bassist's brother and this gets me free beer at their shows.

Well, maybe a little.

RK/ZB!

Actually don't they have to sing on TOTP now? I'm sure that's what i've heard.

I'm pretty sure last week whoever I saw weren't miming. I'm pretty sure Jamiroquai weren't as it was actually different to the recorded version of "Feels Just Like It Should".

But then again that's the first time i've watched TOTP in about 7 years. I can't remember what it looks like to see people miming.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I never understood miming, sure, the person is there and the musics playing, but why pretend to sing?

You might aswell just sit them down whilst they play the music in the background and the fans can just stare.