Champions League Final Thread

G-O-D

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Liverpool qualification thing... they didn't qualify. The champions don't get auto qualification...this isn't the World Cup.

Actually, the World Cup winners have to qualify now :D

The game was bloody awesome. After a minute I said "bye Liverpool, ya fucked". When it was 3-0 I do believe I was laughing. When it was 3-1, I said "consolation, well done". At 3-2, I said "maybe they can...no chance". At 3-3 I said "...fuck that...something's gone wrong here...". Can't believe it.

Congratulations Liverpool; of all the teams in the Champions League this year, Liverpool deserved it the most.

On the subject of who should be in it next year, I came up with the simple solution of Man Utd with Liverpool...:shifty:

I guess Traore was pretty shit (as wannabe pointed out, my rose tinted glasses are still on), but he made some vital challenges and clearences.

And come on, if I'd have told you this time last year that Djimi Traore would have a Champions League winners' medal, what would you have done?

That match summed up the entire season for Milan.

How many times have we (Well anyone who watch's them) seen them actually play super and then go on to lose? They play possibly the greatest first half of the CL this season, and yet they come out in the second half and perform terrible. That's something they really need to sort out. They're winning games in the first half and then not worrying at all, and it's clearly costing them. They did it against Palermo last week and now against Liverpool.

All they had to do was come out and play half decent football. Not super, but just good enough. Possibly the best back four in the world and yet they cant calmly control a game where they're winning 3-0. A few years ago Milan would have walked away with it, yet it's just so different now and that's a big problem for them.

I'm not going to take anything away from Liverpool, it was just a super comeback. I still rank the United one higher, but that's because it's my personal favourite. Funnily enough yet again they screwed up with the penalities. Dudek was about ten miles off of his line one at least one or two of them. The official should at least pick up on that after how we got fucking screwed by it when Milan beat us. That said though, some top draw saves from Dudek. Worst penalty you'll ever see Shevchenko take as well, feel so sorry for that guy because he really wanted to win it out there. Why they took Crespo off for that prick Tommason I don't know. Still don't rate him what so ever, wasn't Inzaghi even on the bench to play?

For some reason I still think Gattuso was unlucky with the penalty that went to Gerrard, but what the referee says must go. What a game though, super effort from both teams and possibly one of the greatest match's I've seen to date, even if the team I was rooting for did go on to lose. Going to be interesting to see what happens about Liverpool defending it too. I hope they can so that they can either retain or at least lose it in a good battle while trying to defend it. Hat off to Milan too, they showed how amazing they really are, but I think that's getting a problem now. They're thinking they're a bit too good and just letting games slip so easily. They've got to sort it, and personally I think they'll come back as strong as ever next season, but for now Milan walk away with NOTHING :P:(

To be honest, losing a 3-0 lead, they didn't deserve to win the game, personally.

Not forgetting that only one of those should've counted, and it should've been a 4-0 lead (or 4-1, I forget when Shevy scored that perfectly good goal).

?

I think I need Laymans terms, my head isn't thinking quickly enough.

Shevchenko scored a perfectly good goal, but it was ruled offside by Spain's resident dumbass (who's doubling as a referee). Despite the fact it was debateable as to whether it even WAS offside, but added to that, it came off a Liverpool player, so wouldn't have been offside anyway.

Then the assistants flag goes up for offside again, the referee ignores it completely and a few seconds later, Smicer scores an (admittedly, awesome) goal, which wouldn't have counted if the referee didn't suck.

Then the penalty. We can argue all night, but there's simply no way that was a penalty.

So yeah.

Overall, I do think Liverpool deserved to win based on the second half, but if the referee was competant, they wouldn't have.

Shevchenko scored a perfectly good goal, but it was ruled offside by Spain's resident dumbass (who's doubling as a referee). Despite the fact it was debateable as to whether it even WAS offside, but added to that, it came off a Liverpool player, so wouldn't have been offside anyway.

Then the assistants flag goes up for offside again, the referee ignores it completely and a few seconds later, Smicer scores an (admittedly, awesome) goal, which wouldn't have counted if the referee didn't suck.

Then the penalty. We can argue all night, but there's simply no way that was a penalty.

So yeah.

Overall, I do think Liverpool deserved to win based on the second half, but if the referee was competant, they wouldn't have.

Why wasn't it a penalty? Just interested, because I saw no problem with it....Gerrard pulled his foot back, Gattuso clipped him, momentum made him go down. And the referee has the power to over-rule his linesman (considering the ball actually didn't go through to the offside player), so the ref decided to do just that.