Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it looks very likely at the moment.

If he does leave, it'll be for Celtic. I honestly couldn't see him playing for any other club and he himself in the interview said it would be a team outside the premiership. As the figurehead he was and to an extent still is, he's irreplaceable. But Roy Keane as the player can and will be replaced and the void he'll leave will almost certainly be filled. If we do buy Ballack or even if Smith or any of the other youngsters comes through, Keane won't play second fiddle to anyone. At this stage of his career, leaving appears to be the only option.

Wow, great game.

I can honestly say I had a giant sigh of relief come the final whistle. In the end it was basically a tale of two poor defences, we in particular conceded two goals quite unnecessarily. Park was fantastic the entire first-half, the fact that he was involved in all three goals - It was surely a crime he didn't get one after ninety minutes.

With Giggs back in the fray, the Formation is looking a lot brighter and once we get our defence sorted out, we could go a similar run to Christmas last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Great win yesterday, given it was the Sunderland's of this world we were foolishly dropping points against last season.

We started off slow, a trait which is becoming increasingly common after the international breaks but we really took to the game in the second half. Van Der Sar again proved what a huge asset he is to the club with our defence still looking very scrappy now that we're down to the bare bones.

All credit to the youngsters who came in and did a job, Bardsley played all 90 minutes on his full-debut and not once looked out of place and Rossi showed that given the chance he can really make an impact in the first team.

All in all, the future's looking bright and we've still several top-performers on the mend. The important thing is to keep churning out results until we either meet Chelsea or wait for someone else to make them slip-up.

United's Ronaldo arrested

Manchester United have refused to comment on winger Cristiano Ronaldo's arrest on Wednesday.

The Portugal international is being questioned by detectives on suspicion of rape after taking part in United's goalless draw with Lille on Tuesday night.

The allegations were made after United's 3-2 victory against Fulham on October 1, which led to the ex-Sporting Lisbon wide man staying overnight at a London hotel.

"We're not commenting at the moment," stated United's director of communications Phil Townsend.

Ronaldo is one of the most highly regarded young players in Europe and is in advanced talks over a new contract with The Red Devils.

The interview with the police is taking place with the 20-year-old and his lawyer in Manchester.

The player expected the appointment, which has been planned around his footballing commitments, and is likely to be bailed while the investigation continues.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious to hear some Utd fans opinions on Flitney's sending off in last night's game.

To be honest, I haven't actually seen it yet. From what I've heard though, it was undeserved but not vital to the outcome of the game.

Whether it was deserved or not, it sucks for the keeper and the guy who was taken off for a replacement all but two minutes into probably one of the biggest matches of his career.

What was the match, btw?

Is that Ross Flitney as well, former Fulham Under-18 keeper?

I don't think he deserved to go off when I saw it earlier, although I always assumed when a goalie handles the ball outside of the area, its a red-card.

I'm curious to hear some Utd fans opinions on Flitney's sending off in last night's game.

To be honest, I haven't actually seen it yet. From what I've heard though, it was undeserved but not vital to the outcome of the game.

Whether it was deserved or not, it sucks for the keeper and the guy who was taken off for a replacement all but two minutes into probably one of the biggest matches of his career.

Twice I've heard tonight (once from a BBC news reporter, once from the commentator on Football First) that apparently Man Utd's hopes of winning the title have ended here tonight.

I know they're not the favourites to start with for the title, but surely it's a bit too soon to even say that? Just because of one bad loss. Utd still have more points than Arsenal. Does that mean they're written off too? Bullshit.

Yeah but what I mean is why now all of a sudden? Just because of the bad win? If they lost 1-0 would they still be being written off? It's only ManU that they're writing off as well. No-one else. Just seems stupid to me.

Personally I think the title race isn't far from over, shame too.

It's not over YET. Chelsea still have to play United twice, as well as Arsenal. In reality, they could lose all three of them games, and if so, there'd be an obvious chance of catching them. That said, it'll be major hard to do that of course.

Just watched the game on MOTD. United were just poor. Middlesboro were pretty damn good, not amazing, I think it was mainly down to United not playing that well what so ever. Ferguson looked so pissed off as well, cant honestly blame him.

Some questions. Where the heck is Keane? And when's Gary back? Also, maybe just me, but I still cant seem to like Smith all that much. He was good at Leeds, just hasn't pulled it at United IMO. I think they made the wrong choice in playing him today personally. He's not the next Keane like a few people are claiming. I don't think he'll ever be at that level either. He's not bad, but he just doesn't work for me. Van Der Sar had a rather poor game too, shame as well when it's his Birthday and he's a top notch keeper.

Some questions. Where the heck is Keane? And when's Gary back? Also, maybe just me, but I still cant seem to like Smith all that much. He was good at Leeds, just hasn't pulled it at United IMO. I think they made the wrong choice in playing him today personally. He's not the next Keane like a few people are claiming. I don't think he'll ever be at that level either. He's not bad, but he just doesn't work for me. Van Der Sar had a rather poor game too, shame as well when it's his Birthday and he's a top notch keeper.

No-one is saying Smith is the next Keane, people are saying thats what Man-U are trying to change him into, which is one of thier many problems. I like Smith, but he isn't a midfielder.