WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

And I know I'm not the biggest historian, and I can't really remember much about the classic years other than loving my Ultimate Warrior action figure, so can anyone tell me whats the difference between 80's Hogan and Hulk Hogan? Three Hogans seems way overkill, I mean, does alternate attire not work anymore? The only reason I can see them having three different version is if they're sticking Voodoo Child in for Hollywood Hogan :\

Well Hogan used more power moves, and basic stuff from the 80s... nWo Hogan used more chokes and cheapshots. He generally wrestled differently... Current Hogan, I just don't get. He's more an amalgamation of both his major defining eras.

And alternate attires mean nothing. Using an alternate attire honestly would be a waste. They still need to have that character model of the alternate attire in the game. At least this way Hogan can have different movesets and music and such. If they were just alternate attires he'd be stuck with one specific song or moveset. At least this way both the nWo theme and Real American are both in instead of one.

Ah, I see. I know all about the alterate attires using different models as well, I only mentioned it because it makes more sense to have three attires rather than three seperate characters. If the movesets are gonna be drastically different though, then I get the point. Thanks for clearing that up (Y)

As was said, Masked Kane is an alternate attire. His moveset wouldn't differ too drastically from the current Kane anyways. I bet "Legend Taker" is in as an alternate skin too.

I didn't know he was gonna be a different attire, so that makes me very happy :P If thats so then Legend Taker probably will just be an alternate, being in from the beginning I can't see them dropping him completely.

If you win the title from what I've read and heard, you have a choice of keeping Cena's or using the old (well, the one before the spinner) belt instead.

Again, thanks for clearing that up. I don't know how I managed to miss all this, but oh well. Sounds good to me :P

Random thought: Do you think Jake Roberts' finishers will be the DDT and the Snake Masturbation?

Also, for some reason, I'll mark out if they include Hulk Hogan's WCW theme tune ('American Made') too. I don't know why, but I prefer it over 'Real American' as it's more rocky.

I'm also marking for the legends cage. The way that the Smackdown series is going and how the WWE now have this legends shtick, am I the only one who thinks a seperate Legends of Wrestling type game is inevitable?

I'm also marking for the legends cage. The way that the Smackdown series is going and how the WWE now have this legends shtick, am I the only one who thinks a seperate Legends of Wrestling type game is inevitable?

I hope you were kidding there, unless you mean one made by THQ. Still though, the third LoW was just awful.

I hope you were kidding there, unless you mean one made by THQ. Still though, the third LoW was just awful.

Even though there won't be another LOW game thanks to Acclaim being gone, I would still buy another one because as bad as it was, I still loved the third one.

Behind all the glitchyness, that game was awesome. Every move had a reversal and you could link them all together for some actual chain wrestling. You could also link most moves into a pin or a submission. How I loved powerbombing someone then linking it right into a sharpshooter.

Online Play revealed over at IGN and holy shit. The only thing you can't do online is play Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber. Here's the rundown:

-Single

-Tag

-Special Ref

-Triple Threat

-Fatal Fourway

-Handicap

-Backstage Brawl

-Battle Royal (four player only)

-Buried Alive

-First Blood

-Fulfill Your Fantasy

-Hardcore

-Hell in a Cell

-Iron Man, Ladder

-Last Man Standing

-Steel Cage

-Submission

-Table

-TLC

And yes... TITLE MATCHES

You can defend created belts online, which means all you fuckers need to get your PS2s online so we can have the offical EWB Smackdown vs. RAW league. Yes, the EWB Hardcore Title from forum games can become a reality.

And that's not all, you can swap CAWs online! Instead of searching the web for ridiculously detailed formulas, you can save a CAW right to your memory card from anyone who is online.

No headset support, which kinda sucks, but not that big of a deal. It is broadband only, which is great because the lag on the last game was horrible. I have to buy this game now.

Holy shit.

Zero, you got a PS2? I was thinking about trading in my PS2 but now I'm going to keep it. I think I might cancel my Xbox Live service and subscribe to the PS2 one.

It does cost money, correct?

Oh, I thought I saw that feature earlier on, but never remembered the name, so I didn't recognize it later on. Oh well.

This game is gonna be fucking sweet. As usual my friend will be buying it, like he bought all the other games in the Smackdown! series, so it's pretty much win-win, as I can go to his house to play.

Yeah, by THQ.

Acclaim's LOW series was lame. Good rosters though, shame it was lame.

The online mode looks fantastic. I can understand not putting in the Rumble in, but you've gotta admit a 30 man multiperson match would be fucking incredible. The CAW swap feature sounds nifty too, I can see these CAW sites giving up on formulas entirely soon enough. Although I've heard that there'll be even less CAW slots this time round, for some strange reason.

You can defend created belts online, which means all you fuckers need to get your PS2s online so we can have the offical EWB Smackdown vs. RAW league. Yes, the EWB Hardcore Title from forum games can become a reality.

You wouldn't happen to play SDvR online, do you?

I've got a bit of spare cash and I'm thinking of getting the network adapter in advance for SDvR06, but not if I have to fuck around with GameFAQs cheats till it comes out :P

I'm sorry but trading CAWs over the net? That's probably one of the best innovations to happen to this game in a long long time. No more formulas or worrying about if you put this or that in the right spot. Its all done for you. Simply awesome and I look forward to going after the EWB Hardcore Title.

Why can't they make this kind of game for the Xbox, which actually had a huge online base? Looks like I'll have to go give Patsy a clean (Patsy is my PS2 (¬_¬)).

So what do I need to get my PS2 online Zero? So I can whip your ass as The British Bulldog (WHICH IS FUCKING AWESOME I might add).

Have a broadband internet connection and buy an online adapter(it's like 40 or 30 US dollars). You can install it yourself(damn easy to do it), plug in your ethernet chord, and voila, instant online gaming. Check your PS2 to see if it has an online adapter already, I hear some of the new ones have em.