WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

Gail Kim was released from the WWE before Smackdown vs RAW One came out so why would she be included here? Michelle and Joy should have been taken out to include Victoria and Candace but no use bitching now GM Mode was just a last minute thing wasnt it? so in the next game it'll be cool I guess two player GM Mode is fun tho:)

So I got the game last night. I hate the Long storyline on SmacKDown! and the Uneasy Alliance one on RAW. I also hate how many times the computer reverses, and the new engine. I have to grapple to irish whip? Fuck that. It seems like all the wrestlers have the same moves too. Maybe that's just me though.

GM mode sucks. I don't want to have to get paper and pen to write down my feuds. That's stupid. Other than that it's pretty neat, except for it seems every brand new match you put together, the computer thinks you're starting a rivalry.

I'm just going through season mode now to earn all the shit and get to the Legends Tour and the ECW storyline. I wish there was wrestler specific storylines for the big names (3H, Hogan, Austin, etc).

The only thing I really like about the game is title matches in exhibition. It's pretty fun beating the shit out of my World Heavyweight champion Kane with Bret Hart, I must admit.

Other than that, I really don't like it. The engine was too much of a change, and the storylines are still bland, to me. Oh well, I didn't pay for it. Hopefully online mode is fun.

Kenta Kobashi rules. Just created him. Not the best looking Kobashi, but it's the only one I can find on the internet. Just had an Iron Man as him against Angle, pure brutal. Got to love the Half Nelson Suplex :)

I advise everyone creates him, his moveset is bloody awesome too, great to play with. It's still a bit of a bitch that you have to major build people up in GM Mode though. I am near Mania and I wanted to sign Kobashi right at the end and have him for one match at Mania against either Angle or Benoit, but the match rating would end up being shit due to the popularity :(

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

So I got the game last night. I hate the Long storyline on SmacKDown! and the Uneasy Alliance one on RAW. I also hate how many times the computer reverses, and the new engine. I have to grapple to irish whip? Fuck that. It seems like all the wrestlers have the same moves too. Maybe that's just me though.

GM mode sucks. I don't want to have to get paper and pen to write down my feuds. That's stupid. Other than that it's pretty neat, except for it seems every brand new match you put together, the computer thinks you're starting a rivalry.

I'm just going through season mode now to earn all the shit and get to the Legends Tour and the ECW storyline. I wish there was wrestler specific storylines for the big names (3H, Hogan, Austin, etc).

The only thing I really like about the game is title matches in exhibition. It's pretty fun beating the shit out of my World Heavyweight champion Kane with Bret Hart, I must admit.

Other than that, I really don't like it. The engine was too much of a change, and the storylines are still bland, to me. Oh well, I didn't pay for it. Hopefully online mode is fun.

You don't have to grapple to irish whip and why do you have to write down feuds? And you can change movesets for pre-existing wrestlers so they don't all have the same moves if you feel that way. The engine change was desperately needed since the old Smackdown engine is fucking awful. Online mode pretty much sucks though because Gamespy's interface is absolutely terrible.

I was going to get SD vs. RAW `06 at Wal-Mart a couple of days ago, but they were sold out. (No big surprise)

There were some changes made in the first SD vs. RAW that I didn't like, and I don't think they were fixed in `06, but I hope they are fixed in `07:

Not being able to play matches on a show that the character you're controlling isn't involved in. I liked being able to influence what happens on the show and the rankings. (Not that it mattered, because you'd still face people for the belts even if you'd knocked their starpower down to jobber levels.....)

Someone being able to counter an aerial move off the turnbuckle waaaay too fast, and even if you'd started the move. Its damn stupid that someone can knock you out of a Flying Clothesline or Missile Dropkick with a punch.....when you're already in the air doing the move.

CAB mode not keeping track of who has the belt: I did a PvP where Chris Benoit won the Ironman belt I created, then at the next PPV I put him in a match vs. Christian for it.....and when it started, Christian had the belt! (Same thing happened when I had Trish Stratus beat Molly Holly for the Divas belt I made; I put her in a match vs. Stacy Kiebler, and Stacy was the champ when the match started). I also didn't like that the created belts can only be used in 1 on 1 matches.

Oh, and I can't find my PS2 manual to look it up, but I've got a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with: I downloaded some gamesaves for SD vs. RAW off my PC and xferred them to a pen drive and tried to xfer them to my PS2. But when I plugged the pen drive into the PS2's USB port, it wouldn't acknowledge the pen drive being plugged in. Any idea why? (I downloaded one that had a few different Great Muta CAWs, because I haven't been able to find the formula for Starmarter's Darkside Great Muta (the new demon mask) CAW anywhere, and the SD vs. RAW gamesave off LuckySeven's site)

I don't have a network adaptor, so I can't just download the gamesaves to my PS2 directly.

You don't have to grapple to irish whip and why do you have to write down feuds? And you can change movesets for pre-existing wrestlers so they don't all have the same moves if you feel that way. The engine change was desperately needed since the old Smackdown engine is fucking awful. Online mode pretty much sucks though because Gamespy's interface is absolutely terrible.

• Admin

Without going through all 83 pages of this thread, where can I find a complete roster of who is in the game, and does Hogan have Real American or Voodoo Chile as his entrance when unlocked? (Or does the `80s have Real American and Hollywood Hulk Hogan has Voodoo Chile?)

I'm debating whether to get this or Blitz The League with the money I get for Xmas.

Voodoo Child btw. (Y)

Guest Spadekiller

Without going through all 83 pages of this thread, where can I find a complete roster of who is in the game, and does Hogan have Real American or Voodoo Chile as his entrance when unlocked? (Or does the `80s have Real American and Hollywood Hulk Hogan has Voodoo Chile?)

I'm debating whether to get this or Blitz The League with the money I get for Xmas.

Voodoo Child btw. (Y)

Voodoo Child btw. (Y)

No, it's Voodoo Chile, Voodoo Child is an entirely different song by Hendrix.

• Admin

Voodoo Child btw. (Y)

No, it's Voodoo Chile, Voodoo Child is an entirely different song by Hendrix.

No, it's Voodoo Child. Voodoo Chile is an entirely different song by Hendrix.

Even the lyrics to the song say "cause I'm a voodoo child. Lord knows I'm a voodoo child".

Google search for "hulk hogan voodoo child":

http://www.google.com/search?q=hulk+hogan+voodoo+child

Wikipedia article on Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child lyrics

Hulk Hogan's IMDb bio (Trivia section)

Jimi Hendrix IMDb page (Composer - filmography section)

• Admin

Voodoo Child = Hendrix

Voodoo Chile = Stevie Ray Vaughn, if memory serves.

Vaughn covered Voodoo Child and called it Voodoo Chile for some bizarre reason.

I only just realised you could press start on a challenge to select it rather than go through exhibition set up, I feel like such a 'tard.

I didn't know that either.

Voodoo Child = Hendrix

Voodoo Chile = Stevie Ray Vaughn, if memory serves.

Vaughn covered Voodoo Child and called it Voodoo Chile for some bizarre reason.

No, Hendrix did both of them.

Well, actually it was as the Jimi Hendrix Experience, but on the Electric Ladyland album, thier is Voodoo Chile (at a timely 15:05) and the last song is Voodoo Child (Slight Return....clocking in at 5:14).

Voodoo Child being the one used for Hogan

Edited by rvdwannabe27