Club or Country?

FLiam

Club winning the CL or country winning the World Cup?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Club winning the CL or country winning the World Cup?

• Club.
    • Country.

Club, all the way.

I do love England, and winning the World Cup in my lifetime would be amazing, and I would go crazy.

But, my blood runs claret and blue, and seeing Villa lift the CL in my lifetime would be better than amazing.

Same with me, club all the way.

International winning would be amazing and all but winning with my club would just be so much more amazing if you ask me. I'd focus much more on club football, although still I cant say Country wise it'd be bad, I'd love the heck out of it.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Club all the way for me. It's not that I wouldn't be delighted if England won the World Cup, because I would, but I just can't but something that only happens for a month every few years ahead of something I support all year round.

Edited by Jonny D

Club all the way, seeing Everton win anything (apart from maybe the league cup) would be more satisfying than seeing England lift the World Cup. Don't get me wrong, I love watching the World Cup and Euro Championship but Everton have been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember, England just don't compare.

I think people who don't really follow football would choose England, you have to be a passionate fan to understand true love for a club.

Country. Mainly because I am a massive England supporter anyway (never miss a game, even if it is against San Marino or whatever) and instead of just me and a couple of mates going mad over Rovers winning the CL, the whole country can join in winning the World Cup.

Plus it will be fun to shove it up the Scots and Welsh arses.

Club, I didn't particulary grow up as a football fan when I was younger, but with my family ties to Leicester I was born with blue blood. I feel more passion for City than I do for England so definatly club for me. Not to mention in my case it would be more special as Leicester probably never will win the Champions League in my lifetime if at all.

It's tough, but club just shades it mainly because realistically Tottenham aren't gonna win the Champions League anytime so it would be great to see it happen. If I supported Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool I would probably say country because those teams are consistently in Europe and fighting for trophies with them being very likely to win something in the near future.

On the other hand, for England to win the World Cup or even European Championships would be great. The whole nation will be partying and I like it when supporters of rival teams such as Spurs and Arsenal get together to support England, putting club differences aside for that time.

Club just shades it though.

Definitely club. Its probably different for a Man U or Arsenal fan but finally seeing Newcastle get any kind of silverware far outweighs a world cup win for me. Although the party after a world cup win would be slightly immense, albeit with ludicrous beer prices.

Even when i was little and 2/3 years old and was kicking a ball round my living room shouting "GAZZA!" . I find it very difficult to sit through an England friendly or a qualifyer . Next season i want to travel to Spurs away games and i wouldnt travel that far for an England match since i went to a qualifyer in the old wembly and we drew 0-0 . For me Club all the way.

Club all the way, I can't wish suffering and injury upon these players just to get behind them for a couple of weeks every two years and I really can't think of any reason why I would. I'm the same with supporting an English club in Europe, why just because I'm told they're representing me and my country should I decide to want people like Arsenal to be sucesful?

Definately Club

I would love watching Leeds United win the Champions League, it would be an absolute amazing experience. I would probably of gone to the final too with my Dad :P

I'm probably the only English person that supports another country more than England :shifty: It's not as if I have any ties to any other country either. But since the chances for Finland to win International competitions are...sparse...I still support England during the world cup :P

I pay more attention the WC than the CL (probably because it's rarer, and happens over the space of two months, rather than like..eight), and I still enjoy the World Cup more than anything else. I'm just not particularly fussed who wins. As long as it's not Brazil.