SPL Thread

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Fuck knows who Hearts are going to get seriously, Raineri is right out of the blue, good manager in his own right though.

I also saw this.

--Alex Burke of the Glasgow Rangers, the Scottish champions in soccer, is doing the John Cena "You can't see me" hand gesture whenever he scores a goal (thanks to Stu Wilson)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiss goodbye to that unbeaten record Hearts and chances are top spot tommorow too, hard to say why that dumbass Hearts guy said it was a two horse race looks more like a three now.

Dunfermline 0-3 Motherwell

Falkirk 1-1 Livingston

Hibs 2-0 Hearts

Kilmarnock 4-2 Aberdeen

Rangers 1-1 Inverness Caley

*Sunday edit*

Dundee United 2-4 Celtic

So yup top of the league again the teams starting to gel before today defence was even starting to look good but oh well result was all that mattered

Edited by Evafreak

In a frank and scathing interview with Sky Sports News, Hearts chairman George Foulkes has lifted the lid on Vladimir Romanov's regime at Tynecastle, explaining why he felt it necessary to quit on Monday night after the sacking of chief executive Phil Anderton.

The Jambos have seen their world fall apart in recent weeks after their seemingly unstoppable side saw manager George Burley depart before the team lost their first game of the season to arch rivals Hibernian.

More drama followed on Monday as Foulkes quit after Romanov moved to sack Anderton, and the Lithuanian businessman rapidly installed his son in both vacant positions.

The Romanov era has been characterised by secrecy, with confidentially agreements leaving Hearts fans in the dark, buut Foulkes has now broken his silence in a dramatic attack on the club's hierarchy.

Claiming he was forced into the sacking of Burley, previously described as a departure due to mutual consent, Foulkes attacked Romanov's rule as 'ruthless' and leaving the Edinburgh club in 'a terrible dilemma'.

Foulkes also insisted his decision to quit was a direct result of Romanov's desire to sack Anderton.

"Well I'm absolutely devastated at the way in which some of my colleagues on the board took a decision against my recommendation, against my advice, and , I'm led to believe, against the advice of their professional advisors to sack Phil Anderton as chief executive," Foulkes told Sky Sports News.

"I just couldn't stay there any more, I just couldn't be part of that. I was unhappy last week at the sacking of George Burley but in the end we got hijacked into it, bounced into it, and we had to go along with it and I had the terrible experience of having to make that statement.

"And then this week we get another situation where all weekend I've had the Lithuanian trying to twist my arm, first of all to soft soak me and then to brow beat me into going along with the sacking of Phil Anderton and I just wouldn't do it.

"I tried to persuade them it wasn't in the best interests of the club, wasn't in the interests commercially or in any way but I failed to do it and they pressed ahead with it.

"I don't know why but I just know I don't want to be part of that, I find the ruthlessness just totally unacceptable."

Continuing to criticise Romanov, Foulkes declared he was disillusioned with the Lithuanian businessman's plans for the club, after welcoming him as a saviour when he saved Tynecastle.

"I'm in a dilemma because I brought him in after the previous administration tried to demolish Tynecastle and he seemed like a saviour and I've supported him month after month but I must say I'm totally disillusioned now.

"I think he's reneged on promises recently, he's let us down and I'm totally disillusioned with the way he's doing it.

"I think its a kind of ruthlessness which I don't find acceptable, but I'm in this awful dilemma.

"I'm a Hearts supporter, I'm a Jambo, I want to see us win, I want to see us up there and I don't want to do anything that will undermine the future of Hearts and that's why I think every fan is in that dilemma.

"They wont be happy at the sacking of Phil Anderton, just like they weren't happy at the sacking of George Burley, but they want the team to do well, its a terrible dilemma, and Vladimir Romanov has put us in that dilemma. I just hope he finds a way out of it."

It is understood that Anderton was sacked after discussions concerning the club's pay structure in relation to the possible appointment of Claudio Ranieri as manager.

Weird in it's own right, even weirder consdering it's well known they approached Bobby Robson, Hitzfeld and Ranieri before him.

Those names being strongly linked then Rix getting the job really won't sit well with the Hearts fans. Even prior to Romanov Rix would'nt have been considered anywhere near big enough for the Hearts job, we (Partick Thistle) turned him down a few years ago.

Old Firm game tonight, and it's on BBC Scotland! What tactical fuckup is McLeish going to come up with tonight?

CELTIC v RANGERS

CIS Insurance Cup quarter-final

Kick-off 1945GMT

Live on BBC One Scotland

Old Firm views

Celtic will be without Chris Sutton for Wednesday's CIS Insurance Cup quarter-final against Rangers.

Fellow strikers Maciej Zurawski and Craig Beattie are also still missing through injury, but midfielder Alan Thompson returns after his suspension.

Rangers are unlikely to have Brahim Hemdani available, after he picked up a thigh strain against Aberdeen.

Forward Peter Lovenkrands was feeling the effects of a virus during the game and is also rated doubtful.

Striker Nacho Novo is out of plaster after breaking a bone in his foot and could be in contention in two weeks.

Hitzfield, Deschamps, Burley, Curbishley, Gary McAlister :ohwell: and Terry Butcher :ohwell: have all been linked with taking over when McLeish finally leaves.

Barry Ferguson admitted last night that it wasn't looking good for the Manager and McLeish is currently on something like "2 days leave" from Ibrox.

Hoops line up McNaughton

Celtic are set to sign Aberdeen defender Kevin McNaughton on a pre-contract agreement in the January transfer window.

The 22-year-old's current deal at Pittodrie runs out next summer and the two parties have yet to discuss an extension.

McNaughton would be an ideal replacement for 34-year-old Paul Telfer who is currently keeping out-of-favour Didier Agathe out of the Hoops side.

John Viola, McNaughton's agent, told the Sunday Express: "Kevin is out of contract soon and we are still waiting to talk to Aberdeen about a new deal.

"Celtic have shown an interest in taking him to Parkhead for the start of next season."

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood, however, maintains a healthy cynicism about the Glasgow giants' proposed bid for McNaughton.

He said: "It wouldn't surprise me if Celtic were interested.

"You always take a risk when you let players' contracts run close to their end and maybe we should have expected this.

"But perhaps it is a case of his agent trying to force our hand so we give him a better deal. Who knows?"