WWE - November 2003

Essa

And maybe I shouldn't have done the whole Animal/Jericho/Christian angle.

And you also shouldn't have made me write it, seeing as I disagreed with it as well :P.

Thanks for the positive comments that you gave me LL, I don't really think I deserved that much praise to be honest, this is Essa's thing, I just help out where I can :).

60% done eh... maybe I'll take you up on that offer you made me afterall :thumbsup:

And Sara, you'd better run. Essa's in one of "those" moods :P.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

WWE SMACKDOWN

Thursday November 27, 2003

user posted image

REY MYSTERIO VS TAJIRI ©

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

user posted image

Michael Cole: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to WWE Smackdown.

Tazz: Yeah fans we got a real rocketbusta of a show for yas ta'night.

Michael Cole: We certainly do Tazz. And we're going to kick it off with Tajiri defending his Cruiserweight Title against his long time nemesis Rey Mysterio Jr.

Tazz: And ya gotta remember Coleslaw, where Tajiri goes, the rest of his group...

Michael Cole: Kyo Dai.

Tazz: Yeah whateva Cole. The Coyotes are always followin' Tajiri around, so he's definitely got the advantage goin' into this one.

Michael Cole: But you can't underestimate Rey Mysterio. That man is quicker than a hiccup!

Tazz: Yeah, ya got a point there but I'm sure that if Tajiri connects with one of them buzzsaw kicks Rey won't be running anywhere.

Smackdown kicks off with a bang... or more of a pop, as Rey Mysterio pops up out of stage drawing a big reaction from the crowd. He gets in the ring and waits for Tajiri. But Tajiri doesn't want to come out to the ring alone. Instead he has Kyo Dai at his side looking menacing. Tajiri, Akio and Sakoda get in the ring to prepare for the match, but senior referee Jack Doan banishes Kyo Dai to the back before the match could even get going!

Michael Cole: It looks like Kyo Dai won't be a factor in this match after all.

Tazz: No doubt, but I wouldn't count Tajiri out of this one just yet.

Tajiri tries to argue the call by yelling at Doan in Japanese, but Mysterio doesn't want to wait any longer. He starts unloading on Tajiri with forearms that back Tajiri up into the corner. Mysterio whips Tajiri into the opposite corner and then charges in, looking to pounce on Tajiri. But Tajiri gets out of the way, leaving Mysterio to land on his feet on the middle turnbuckles. Mysterio then does a picture perfect Twisting Crossbody onto Tajiri.

Michael Cole: This is exactly what I was talking about Tazz. Rey's speed could prove to be way too much for Tajiri to handle.

Tazz: You could be right Shoelace. Looks like Mysterio's going for the pin.

Doan counts.

One...

Two...

Tajiri kicks out and quickly Mysterio pulls him up to his feet. Mysterio bounces himself off the ropes and then goes for Headscissors on Tajiri. But Tajiri catches Mysterio and prevents him from taking him over. Tajiri then grasps Mysterio's legs and shoves him off, causing Mysterio to flip backwards but still land on his feet. Mysterio regains his balance and charges in at Tajiri who nearly takes his head off with a bigtime spinkick.

Tazz: Tajiri isn't showin' any signs of getting tired out by the quicker Mysterio.

Tajiri quickly picks up Mysterio and whips him into the ropes. Tajiri goes to hip toss Mysterio but Mysterio lands on his feet. Tajiri goes to kick Mysterio in the back of again, but Mysterio counters out of it with a basement dropkick to the knee of Tajiri that takes Tajiri down to one knee. Mysterio gets up and follows one basement dropkick up with another one, this time connecting with Tajiri's nose. Tajiri's head snaps backward into the mat after the dropkick.

Mysterio gets up and quickly drops a leg across the throat of Tajiri. Mysterio picks Tajiri up to his feet and goes for an Irish Whip, which gets reversed. Mysterio bounces into the ropes, and almost gets caught with a Handspring Back Elbow from Tajiri. Rey ducks out of the way, and then connects with a big dropkick to the back of Tajiri that sends him down to where he is leaning on the middle rope. Rey looks to the crowd as they start to chant 619. Rey bounces off the ropes and then runs to Tajiri and goes to hit him with the 619, but Tajiri scurries out of the ring, and onto the floor where he looks to regain his composure. Tajiri is ready to fight again, so he turns around to get back in the ring, but all he does is eat a rope assisted Front Dropkick from Rey. Rey then gets out onto the apron. Rey hops up onto the middle turnbuckle and then hits a big Asai Moonsault on Tajiri!

Michael Cole: What a Moonsault from the inside of the ring to the outside and right onto the unsuspecting Tajiri!

Rey picks Tajiri up on the outside and then rolls him into the ring. Rey climbs up onto the ring apron, and then Drops the Dime on the back of Tajiri's head! Tajiri is out of it! Rey goes back out onto the apron and waits for Tajiri to get up to his feet. He could be going for the West Coast Pop! Tajiri gets up, and Rey springs up onto the top turnbuckle...

Tazz: Come on Tajiri, snap out of it!

Michael Cole: This is it, it's the West Coast Pop!

<span style='color:red'>BOOM

Tazz: What the hell? Is this...

Michael Cole: It's Kane! Through hell fire and brimst

Tazz: We know who it is Coleslaw.

Red fireworks shoot out from the turnbuckles as Slow Chemical from Finger Eleven plays. Kane slowly walks down to the ring with Rey Mysterio looking on, wondering what the hell is going on. Kane takes his time getting to the ring, distracting Rey the whole time. This gives Tajiri a chance to get up. Kane steps over the top rope, and right away Mysterio goes on the attack. He starts pounding on the chest of Kane but it's having no effect on the big man. Kane goozles Mysterio, and gets him up, but the fiesty cruiserweight tries fighting out of it with kicks to the chest of Kane. That is, until Tajiri connects with a kick of death to the back of Mysterio's head. Kane then picks Mysterio up all the way and Chokeslams him straight to hell!

Tajiri laughs at his fallen opponent, before seeing Kane making his way towards him. Tajiri looks like he's seen a ghost, so he starts backpedaling at first. Then he starts bowing to Kane, as a sign of respect or whatever. But then Kane scoops Tajiri up, and nails him with a Tombstone! The camera shows Kane with a sadistic look in his eyes, before going backstage.

Michael Cole: This man has no business out here! He just ruined our Cruiserweight Title Match!

Tazz: Why don't you go tell him that girlpants?

NO CONTEST THROUGH KANE'S INTERFERENCE

Overall: 84

Crowd: 79

Match: 89

***3/4

Cruiserweight Title Gained In Image

WHO IS THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER?

The camera goes backstage into the General Manager's office. Paul Heyman is sitting at his desk, with Big Show and Brock Lesnar sitting in leather chairs across from him. Nathan Jones is standing on the left of Heyman, while Matt Morgan stands on the right of Heyman. Rhyno is standing by the door, looking more like a security guard than a wrestler.

Brock Lesnar: Alright Paul, who is it gonna be? Benoit, or Angle? Who do I have to face at the Royal Rumble next month?

Paul Heyman: Well the obvious choice is Kurt Angle. He's been a five time World Champion, and he's one hell of an athlete. And, well technically speaking he's never gotten a rematch.

Brock Lesnar: So that's it Paul? I've got to wrestle Kurt Angle at the Royal Rumble because he didn't get to lose to me TWICE?

Paul Heyman: Brock, please let me finish. But, then there is Chris Benoit. The Rabid Wolverine... One of the best technical wrestlers in the history of this great sport. And well, at Survivor Series, he well, you know what happened Brock.

A You Tapped Out chant starts up.

Brock Lesnar: So then I'm wrestling Chris Benoit?

Paul Heyman: Well, no, not quite.

Brock Lesnar: Then what the hell is going on?

Paul Heyman: Quite frankly, I'm just not sure that either man is worthy of being the number one contender. There is no denying that they're good wrestlers, but are they worthy of competing in the same ring as you Brock? I'm just not quite sure I'm convinced that they are.

A big smile lights up on Brock's face.

Brock Lesnar: Well then who is going to get the World Title shot at Royal Rumble?

Paul Heyman: You see, that's a tough question. But I've thought about this long and hard Brock. I think that there is enough time left for these two men to prove to me that they are worthy of receiving a Title Shot. There's nearly two months until the Royal Rumble, so Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle have two months to put up or to shut up. One little slip up between now and then and there will be no World Title match at Royal Rumble. You will simply have the night off, just like you do tonight Brock.

Big Show: One little slip up is all you need? Well, I don't have one little slip up for Angle. I've got one 7 foot tall, 500 pound slip up for him. And boss, I've got it for him next week, right here on Smackdown.

Paul Heyman: Excellent. You know what Show, I've got an even better idea. I'm going to make that punk John Cena the special guest referee of that match. And I'm going to make it for the United States Title.

Big Show: WHAT? John Cena? Why?

Paul Heyman: Well, Big Show, as you may or may not know, blatantly attacking referees is an offense that could be punishable by either a fine, or a suspension without pay. And with what's been transpiring between Cena and Angle for the past few weeks, I have no doubt in my mind that Angle will snap and attack Cena.

Big Show: Not if I do first.

Paul Heyman: Look Show. You're not only in this for yourself anymore. You're part of a team now. And this time is here to do what's best for both me and your champion Brock Lesnar. Is that understood?

Big Show looks around at Heyman menacingly first, and then responds.

Big Show: Yeah, I got it.

Then Rhyno leaves his post at the door and walks over to the desk. Rhyno pounds on the desk and then growls out the following

Rhyno: Next week I want Benoit!

Paul Heyman: Oka...

Rhyno: When we were a team, I carried his ass. I carried his ass right to where he is now!

Paul Heyman: Alright then, so next week we've got you, big man taking on Kurt Angle with John Cena as the special guest referee. And we've got the Man Beast from Detroit beating the hell out of the wolverine from Canada. And since I'm in such a generous mood, I'll give you two a shot at them early. A week early. Tonight's main event will be Rhyno and Big Show against Chris Benoit and Kurt Ang

Then Paul Heyman is cut off by Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin barging into the room and staring down Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan.

Charlie Haas: What the hell is going on Paul? We have the Tag Team Titles for just a week and you're already sending these... muscleheads after us?

Shelton Benjamin: Yeah Paul, what happened to us bein' yo' favorite team on Smackdown?

Paul Heyman: First of all gentleman, let me make it aware to you that if this intrusion ever happens again, you're going to have to deal with a Man Beast at the door.

Rhyno goes to attack Haas and Benjamin.

Paul Heyman: Not now Rhyno, let me clear things up for these gentleman first. You're right, a few weeks ago you two were my favorite Tag Team on Smackdown. But that was only until I encountered these genetic specimens Matt Morgan, and Nathan Jones. These men, no, these machines are the future of Tag Team wrestling, and they will go through whichever team they need to in order to get the Tag Team Titles. Oh... and now, that team seems to be you too. Rhyno, now you may remove our guests.

With that, Rhyno bumrushes Haas. Haas starts to fight him off, but simultaneous attacks from Matt Morgan and the Big Show stop that from happening. On the other side of the desk, Brock Lesnar and Nathan Jones are beating the hell out of Shelton Benjamin. Eventually, Haas and Benjamin get thrown head first into the walls, knocking them unconscious.

Paul Heyman: Get them out of here.

Rhyno then picks up both guys by their singlets and drops them outside of the room before slamming the door. The camera stayed outside focusing on Haas & Benjamin lying there unconscious.

Overall: 85

Tazz: Cole tonight were gonna see Rhyno and Da Big Show against Benoit and Angle. That'll be a chartbustah!

Michael Cole: But how will Angle and Benoit coexist! These men haven't exactly been seeing eye to eye lately.

Tazz: Well one things for sure, they're gonna need to coexist if they plan on getting past Rhyno and Big Show.

Michael Cole: Definitely. And what about that heinous beat down by all of Heyman's goons on our new tag team champions?

Tazz: Well, there isn't really much to say, other than the World's Greatest Tag Team might not be at their best next week against the winners of our number one contenders match... which could be the team that just put a beating on them... Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan.

ERNEST 'THE CAT' MILLER VS DANNY BASHAM

user posted image

Watch Me Now, I Am The Greatest. Or so he says. Anyway, the James Brown-esque music means that it's time for everybody's favorite reject backup dancer to come out. His juking and jiving draws a decent pop from the crowd. Now out comes his opponent for tonight, Danny Basham with Shaniqua to pretty much no reaction. Basham doesn't look very pleasant after Doug Basham announced last week that he was going to find a new tag team partner.

The Cat is in the corner remvoing his leopard print vest when Basham gets the bright idea to sneak attack him. Basham charges in at the Cat, as referee Mike Chioda gets out of the way, but the Cat does his own variation of the Moonwalk out of the corner, leading to Basham charging in to the corner sternum first. Miller starts throwing chops and open hand thrusts into the back of Basham. Basham falls forward into the turnbuckle, leading to Miller going for a quick roll up on Basham as Chioda counts.

One

Two

Basham kicks out at two, and quickly gets up to his feet. He's up before Miller, and takes Miller's head off with a hard clothesline. Basham starts dancing, mimicking the Cat before dropping an elbow across the throat of Miller. Basham then picked Miller up to his feet, and started hitting forearms to the back of Miller. Basham then pushed Miller forward into the ropes, but before he could bounce off of them Basham kicked him in the back, and put put Miller in an Inverted Facelock. Basham quickly dropped Miller with a Reverse DDT. Basham covered Miller and Chioda counted.

One

Two

Miller barely got his shoulder up. Basham went right back on the offensive with kicks to the forehead of The Cat. Basham once again started to mimmick Miller's dancing, but this time when he went for the elbow drop, Miller rolled out of the way. Basham hit the mat and then bounced back up, but walked right into a dance move followed by a spin kick right to the chops. Then Miller gets up and does the dance that Basham has been mocking, and then drops a chop across the throat of Basham. Miller gets up, and pulls Basham to his feet. Miller hits the Feliner on Basham and then goes for a cover. Chioda gets into position and then counts.

One

Two

KABOOM

Michael Cole: It's Kane again!

Tazz: Alright girlpants, this is gettin' a little outta control here.

Miller springs up to his feet, effectively breaking up the pinning predicament as the Big Red Machine comes down to the ring for the second time in two matches. As Kane steps up onto the ring apron Miller meets him with a variety of not-so-stiff kicks, and other martial arts moves. But that's halted, as Kane grabs Miller around the throat and chokeslams him, and sending his shiny red dancing shoes flying up two feet in the air. Kane steps into the ring, while Basham looks at him and then looks at Miller. Basham doesn't want anything to do with Kane, but he runs forward and dives through the legs of Kane and goes to cover Miller. But the referee has already thrown out the match, so Basham's pinfall is futile. Kane yanks Basham up to his feet by his leather pants, and then hoists him up for another Chokeslam! Kane laughs at the damage that he has done and then gets out of the ring and heads to the back, while Shaniqua looks down at Basham disgusted. She then shoots a look at Kane, and cracks a bit of a smile while nodding her head.

Michael Cole: Kane just destroyed two more Smackdown superstars! Who will stop this man!?

Tazz: Certainly not Tajiri, Rey Mysterio, Doug Basham, or The Cat.

Michael Cole: But he spared Shaniqua for some reason. And, Shaniqua actually looked impress. What's going on?

Tazz: Calm down Cole. This aint good for your blood pressure.

NO CONTEST THROUGH INTERFERENCE FROM KANE

Overall: 71

Crowd: 64

Match: 79

**1/4

HARDY HAS SOMETHING ON HIS MIND

The camera goes backstage in a locker room where we see Shannon Moore sitting down on a steel folding chair that's placed right in front of a locker. He's got his head buried in his arms. The camera then pans out a little bit further and we see Matt Hardy pacing back and forth looking royall pissed off.

Matt Hardy: Last week was my chance Shannon! It was my shot at getting back my Cruiserweight Title.

Shannon Moore: Yeah, I know.

Matt Hardy: You know? You know, Shannon? If you knew then why would you have eliminated from the battle royal?!

Shannon Moore: Well, I just thought that maybe it would be kinda cool if I was, you know, Cruiserweight Champion for once.

Matt is totally flabbergasted.

Matt Hardy: You wanted a shot at the Cruiserweight title? YOU? Shannon, let me fill you in on a little something. People like you don't get title shots. Hell, people like you are lucky to even have a contract with the WWE. If it wasn't for me Shannon you'd be back home in Carolina flipping burgers or washing cars, and you know it. So tell me, who do you think is more of a contender for the Cruiserweight Title, the Sensei of Mattitude, or some fast food reject?

Shannon Moore cowers a little bit at first, but then he stands up and stares at Matt Hardy.

Matt Hardy: Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on Shannon. All I'm saying is that if one of us was championship material it would be me, Matt Hardy Version Oneuhhhh.

Shannon Moore: Okay Matt, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have thrown you out of the match last week. Happy now?

Matt Hardy: Well, no, not really. You see, I can't exactly just let this action go unpunished. Shannon, just keep in mind that what I'm about to do is going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you.

Matt then lunges forward to grab Moore. But Moore ducks out of his grasp causing Matt to crash into the locker. Matt clears his cobwebs and then turns to attack Moore, but Moore picks up the steel chair and just throws it at Matt Hardy. The chair dings off Hardy's head, knocking him down to the floor while Shannon Moore hightails it out of the locker room.

Overall: 65

Matt Hardy lost overness from looking weak.

Shannon Moore gained overness both for getting the upperhand on Matt, and for officially turning on him.

Michael Cole: Shannon Moore just rung Matt Hardy's bell with that chairshot!

Tazz: Well, I guess Matt'll be lookin for a new MFer pretty soon. Interested Cole?

Michael Cole: No thanks.

RIKISHI VS SEAN O'HAIRE

user posted image

Rikishi is out to the ring first and gets the usual "dancing fat ass" pop. Then out comes Sean O'Haire to very very modest heat. I guess only a handful of people actually remember him from them vignettes he did leading up to his redebut a while ago, and we all know how that turned out. The two men stare each other down, but before the action begins the video from Velocity plays.

Sean O'Haire comes out, wearing a grey business suit, looking like he just came from Wall Street or some business meeting. He walks down the ramp, and then enters the ring where he calls for a microphone..

Sean O'Haire: Rikishi, I've got to say, that was impressive. The way you just came out here and demolished that guy was amazing. And you know what was even more amazing Rikishi?

Rikishi has an odd look on his face. He doesn't know what O'Haire's business out here is. He takes the microphone.

Rikishi: No, what?

O'Haire takes the microphone back.

Sean O'Haire: The crowd reaction that you're getting. These people just eat up everything you do. It's like you have them in the palm of your hand. And, why is it that you have so much control over them? Is it because you come out here every night and bust your ass? Is it because of you being such a talented wrestler? Or is it because all you're good at is coming out here and shaking your bulbus ass?

Rikishi rears back like hes going to deck Sean O'Haire.

Sean O'Haire: Whoa, hold on big man. I'm not out here to cause trouble. I'm out here to enlighten you about yourself, and about these people. The fact of the matter is this Rikishi. A long time ago when you were just starting here in the WWE, you would come out here, and give it 110% to entertain these people. But they didn't care. They wanted nothing to do with you. Every damn night you'd end up getting booed straight out of the arena. But now, years later you come back with one hundred extra pounds of fat injected into your ass, and now your one of the biggest WWE superstars... in more ways than one. These people don't care about Rikishi. They don't care about what you do in that ring. They care about you rubbing your ass in people's faces. What? Don't look so shocked. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.  O'Haire waits a few seconds for people to absorb his old/new catchphrase. But there is one way to change that. You can turn your back on these people, like they did to you! Show them that you're more than just a walking, talking ass. Join me, Rikishi, on my quest to bring a new sense of reality to the WWE. Help me give everyone a reality check.

Rikishi takes the microphone.

Rikishi: I've got a better idea. How about I give YOU a reality check!

Rikishi goes for a big haymaker on Sean O'Haire, which Sean ducks. Rikishi spins around and catches a boot to the midsection. O'Haire then effortlessly hoists Rikishi overhead, and then hits him with an Inverted Death Valley Drive, called The Prophecy. Sean stares at Rikishi before shrugging his shoulders and going to the back.

Josh Mathews: Sean O'Haire is back in a BIG way. He just threw Rikishi like he was a cruiserweight!

Edited by Essa

Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit vs Big Show & Rhyno

user posted image

Chris Benoit comes out to the ring first to "Whatever" by Our Lady Peace. He has his typical stern, focused look on his face as he marches down to the ring. Then "Medal" plays, as his partner Kurt Angle comes out. Angle is his usualy self, with the spinning around on the stage while his pyro goes off. But as he gets closer to the ring he starts mouthing stuff to Benoit about being the number one contender.

Then "Weeeeellll It's The Big Show" is heard leading Big Show and Rhyno to come out together. These two obviously have the size advantage over their smaller, but more technically gifted opponents. They've both got big smiles on their faces, as they get into the ring. Rhyno goes in through the middle rope, but Big Show intimidatingly steps over the top rope.

Referee Charles Robinson has the bell rung, kicking the match off. Big Show gets in the ring first for his team. But Benoit and Angle both try running at him. However, Robinson stepped in front of the men, stopping both men from going any further. Angle and Benoit start arguing with each other about who gets to start the match. This leads to Benoit shoving Angle, and Angle attempting to shove Benoit. But before he can shove Angle, Big Show takes down both men with a mammoth Double Clothesline. Big Show picks Benoit up to his feet, and throws him out of the ring by his tights.

So I guess Big Show and Angle are starting it off. Big Show turns around to get his hands on Angle, but Angle gets to him first with a few punches and well placed kicks to the Big Show's gut. But Angle's momentum is halted pretty quickly by a knee to the gut from the United States Champion, Big Show. Angle drops to one knee, and then gets clubbed in the back dropping him down to the mat face first. Big Show bounces off the ropes, and then goes to drop one of his tree trunks across the throat of Angle. But Angle rolls out of the way. Big Show stays in a sitting position, giving Angle enough time to get up and go behind him. Angle locks in a bit of a choke hold while pounding away on Big Show with crossface punches. Before Robinson can break up the chokehold, Big Show stands up, with Angle clinging to his neck. Big Show then charges into the corner where he drops Angle face first onto the turnbuckle. Angle is laid out on the ground, so Big Show takes advantage of his 500 pound frame by walking right over the back of Angle. Angle's head shoots up, and he screams at the sudden pressure on his pack. Big Show then goes to walk on top of Angle again, but this time Angle somehow manages to roll through the legs of Big Show. In one sudden movement, Angle knocks out Big Show's legs from underneath him, and locks in the Ankle Lock. But the Big Show is in the ropes, causing Angle to break it as Robinson counts to four.

Michael Cole: If Angle had better ring positioning, then this match could be over right now!

Tazz: I don't know Cole, I don't think Big Show would tap out this early.

Angle stomps away on the ankle of Big Show, before somehow getting the man up to his feet. Angle then whips Big Show into Benoit's corner. But Big Show reverses it and sends Angle flying into the corner. Benoit makes the blind tag, as Big Show charges in and absolutely crushes Angle in the corner. Angle flops down to the floor, but Big Show picks him up and stands him in the corner. Then Big Show puts his back to Angle, and backs up all his weight into the sternum of Angle, ala Andre the Giant. Big Show then steps out of the corner, only to throw his weight back again and squash Angle. Big Show goes to do it again, but before he can, Benoit climbs up to the top turnbuckle and hits a missile dropkick right to the back of the Big Show's head.

Big Show stumbles around grabbing his head, until Benoit boots him in the midsection. After a series of forearms to the face of the Big Show, he's backed up into the corner. Benoit starts unloading on the big man with hard knife edge chops that has the visible part of Big Show's chest turning red. Benoit goes for another knife edge but Big Show no sells it. Big Show then grabs Benoit by the arm pits and sends him into the corner. Big Show goes for a big chop on Benoit, but Benoit ducks out of it and goes through Big Show's leg. Benoit with a rollup. Robinson counts.

One

Benoit puts his legs up on the ropes for added leverage.

Two

Rhyno stomps on the head of Benoit to break it up.

Michael Cole: Benoit almost won it with a rope assisted rollup!

Rhyno gets back out of the ring, but Benoit isn't just going to let him get away with that. Benoit gets up and nails Rhyno with a hard punch right to the face, that knocks Rhyno down onto the apron. Benoit goes to do some more damage to Rhyno, but Big Show grabs him by the back of the neck and absolutely murders him with the Hog Log! Big Show covers.

One

Two

Charles Robinson notices Benoit's leg underneath the bottom rope, so he breaks up the count. Big Show makes the tag into Rhyno. Rhyno comes in, and with the help of Big Show, whips Benoit into the ropes. On the rebound, Rhyno and Big Show just stay still as Benoit runs right into them and falls down flat on his back. Rhyno and Big Show start standing over Benoit, and laughing at him. Kurt Angle has had enough, as he charges in and runs at both men, but once again Robinson gets in his way. This time Angle doesn't stop and ends up sandwiching Robinson in between himself and Big Show. Angle hits Big Show with a clothesline that backs him up into the ropes, but doesn't take him down. Angle backs himself up into the ropes and lunges at Big Show for another clothesline, but Rhyno snatches him up and plants him with a massive Spinebuster.

Big Show goes back on the offensive with boots to the downed Angle, while Rhyno goes to work on Benoit. Rhyno waits for Benoit to stand up, and once he does, Rhyno moves in for the GORE! GORE! GORE!, but no Benoit sidesteps it and BAMF Rhyno, meet steel ring post. Rhyno is knocked loopy, but he's still on his feet. Benoit takes this opportunity to hit a German Suplex on Rhyno, dropping him down on his surgically repaired neck. On the other side of the ring, Big Show had Angle tied up in the ropes. After hitting a few chops to the chest of Angle, which can only be compared to getting slapped with a massive salmon, Big Show gets a running start and tries to take Angle over the top with a clothesline. But, somehow Angle managed to duck, using Big Show's momentum to take him over the top rope.

Tazz: The big man got taken over the top rope and out of the ring!

Benoit climbs up to the top turnbuckle, and he looks to be going for the Diving Headbutt, as Tazz tells us that wolverines can fly. He's about to leap off, until Kurt Angle starts climbing to the top turnbuckle. Both men are positioned high atop the ring, with Benoit looking for a headbutt, and Angle looking for his Moonsault. The two men are arguing on the top rope about who gets to do their move.

Michael Cole: This is it! I knew they couldn't coexist. Come on guys, get it together!

Tazz: Aren't we supposed ta be neutral Cole.

Angle shoves Benoit, and Benoit shoves Angle. In a bit of a blooper, Angle almost fell off, but Benoit grabbed his arm and steadied him out. But then from out of nowhere, Big Show stood up on the ring apron and shoved both men off the top rope and into the announcers table! Both men completely obliterate the table. Angle practically lands in the lap of Michael Cole, knocking him backwards off the chair!

Tazz: Holy... Crap. Benoit and Angle just came flying through the announce table. Cole, Cole, are you alright?

Both men, and Michael Cole are knocked unconscious. Big Show picks Kurt Angle up to his feet and then puts him in a military press. Big Show then takes a few steps forward and then launches him through the middle rope and back into the ring. Big Show then gets back in the ring, and places Rhyno on top of Kurt Angle. Referee Charles Robinson sees the cover being made.

One

Two

THREE

Rhyno has pinned Kurt Angle, but Big Show doesn't look like he's done quite yet. Big Show picks up Kurt Angle and goozles him. CHOKESLAM! The timekeeper is ringing the bell frantically. Big Show picks up Kurt Angle again, and once again goozles him.

Tazz: Da Big Show and Rhyno pick up the win after Benoit and Angle tasted a little wood. We'll see ya next week...

You Think You're Untouchable?

Tazz: Nevahmind... I guess the show aint over yet.

John Cena's music hits, and Big Show drops Kurt Angle. He stands there waiting for John Cena to appear. He starts yelling at him to come down to the ring. But he's already there. Cena came in through the crowd, with a chair. And BLAM there goes an unprotected chairshot to the back of the head of the Big Show, knocking him through the middle rope and to the floor. Cena drops the chair, and then yells something at Penzer. Penzer slides in the United States Heavyweight Title. Cena goes to get the US Title, but he sees Kurt Angle laying there. Cena shrugs his shoulders and then hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle on an already knocked out Kurt Angle. Smackdown ends with Cena holding the US Title over his head.

Tazz: John Cena just laid out the Big Show! He looks like he's ready to 'officiate' next week's US Title match. This is Tazz, speakin for my unconscious broadcast partna, Michael Cole, and we'll see ya next week.

Rhyno & Big Show defeated Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit

Overall: 84

Crowd: 85

Match: 82

***3/4

Rhyno gained overness from pinning Angle.

Show Rating: 73

Big Show gained overness for chucking Angle & Benoit

Edited by Essa

Fantasy WWE Update

D-Extreme

Kurt Angle -1

A-Train -1

Sean O'Haire +3

Chair +2

Predictions

Sean O'Haire beat Rikishi +1

Nathan Jones & Matt Morgan lost to Chavo Guerrero and Doug Basham -3

Eddie Guerrero beat A-Train +1

Benoit & Angle lost to Rhyno & Big Show -3

Show Total: -1

Grand Total: 9

Maddog

Big Show +3

Charlie Haas 0

Rey Mysterio Jr 0

Paul Heyman 0

Title Belts 0

Ring Bell 0

Sean O'Haire defeated Rikishi +1

Doug Basham & Chavo won the Tag Title #1 Contendors Match +1

A-Train lost to Eddie Guerrero -3

Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle lost to Rhyno & Big Show -3

Grand Total: -13

JStarr

Chris Benoit -1

Chris Kanyon -1

Rhyno +3

Paul Heyman 0

Security Barrier +1

Doug Basham & Mystery Partner won +1

Chavo Guerrero was the partner +3

A-Train lost to Eddie -3

Benoit & Angle lost -3

Show Total: 1

Grand Total: 10

Kou

Kurt Angle -1

Rey Mysterio Jr 0

Chavo Guerrero +3

Paul Heyman 0

Security Barrier +1

Rikishi lost to O'Haire -3

Basham & Partner won +1

Eddie beat A-Train +1

Benoit & Angle lost to Rhyno & Big Show -3

Grand Total: -1

Derek4JC

John Cena 0

Paul London -1

Rhyno +3

Dawn Marie -1

Chair +2

Matt Morgan and Nathan Jones lost -3

Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle lost to Big Show & Rhyno -3

Grand Total: -1

Chris2k

Kurt Angle -1

The Undertaker -1

Sean O'Haire +3

Shelton Benjamin 0

Torrie Wilson -1

Ring Post +2

Nathan Jones & Matt Morgan lost -3

Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle lost to Rhyno & Big Show -3

Show Total: -2

Grand Total: -2

Stonecoldfan

Chris Benoit -1

Sean O'Haire +3

Shelton Benjamin 0

Paul Heyman 0

Title Belts 0

Announce Table +2

Show Total: 5

Grand Total: 5

FWWE Leaderboard

1 JStarr +10

2 D-Extreme +9

3 Stonecoldfan +5

4 Kou -1

4 Derek4jc -1

6 Chris2k -2

7 Maddog -13

WWE VELOCITY PREVIEW

Last week on Velocity it was announced by Bill DeMott that there would be a triple elimination tournament between eight men to crown a superstar as the first ever Velocity General Manager. Among these names are The World's Strongest Man, Mark Henry and one half of the muscle of the FBI, Johnny Stamboli. Tonight on Velocity this tournament starts off with a bang, as Bill DeMott will reveal to us all who the two mystery wrestlers are. All eight participants are scheduled to have their opening matches this Saturday night.

The two mystery men are rumored to be facing each other! The high flying Japanese cruiserweight, Akio will take on Hardcore Holly. Just think of the trouble that Kyo Dai would cause if they were in charge of Velocity! Velocity, live from Tokyo every week! But if Hardcore Holly wins, we might as well throw the rule book out the window because this Alabama native is as hardcore as it gets.

user posted image

vs user posted image

Not only will Hardcore Holly wrestle Akio, but "The Worlds Strongest Man" Mark Henry will take on Paul London. These two did battle weeks ago on Smackdown, and the end result for Paul London was not a good one. But who knows what this lunatic will do to insure the victory, knowing that the General Manager position could be on the line.

user posted image

vs

user posted image

And the main event this week will feature another tournament match. This match will pit Funaki against the FBI's young gun Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli. These men are different in every way shape and form. Funaki leads an honorable lifestyle, taught to him in Japan where he was trained to become a professional wrestler. But Johnny Stamboli uses his brute force to get what he wants. And right now that means, he'll attempt to use his brute force to start this tournament off with a win. Tune in to Velocity to see all this great action and more!

user posted image

vs

user posted image

FWWE Predictions

Akio vs Hardcore Holly

Mark Henry vs Paul London

Funaki vs Johnny Stamboli

Bonus: Who are the two mystery workers? Three points awarded for each correct guess on the bonus.

Okay, get your predictions in and any thoughts on Smackdown would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Essa

My Predictions

Akio vs Hardcore Holly

Mark Henry vs Paul London

Funaki vs Johnny Stamboli

Bonus: Who are the two mystery workers? Three points awarded for each correct guess on the bonus.

I think they'll be The Cat and Danny Basham

Thought on SmackDown!

Liked most of the matches, except for The Cat and Danny Basham match. It looked to be pretty interesting, until Kane came out and interupted it. So, they should have it again, on Velocity, for a chance at the GM spot!

Also, really cool that I'm in 3rd place already. Kick Ass!!! lol

Still as top-notch as ever Essa, although as I say on AIM all the time Ernest Miller is the Anti-Christ and shouldn't take up television time. The Basham Brothers promo I felt was quite weak although that wasn't written by you but I do like how you've brought back O'Haire and good shout putting him over the Big 'Kish. For Velocity you know I want London to go over, but knowing you, you'll screw me over once again. Bee-yatch. Oh well, bring on Velocity.

P.S: The Eddie Guerrero vs. A-Train match was by far the best segment. Goddamnit, you <_< made A-Train interesting and that deserves a medal.

Edited by ADGray

WWE News and Notes

We're going to start you off with some more Ohio Valley Wrestling news. The WWE has invited a slew of indepent wrestlers to work shows for OVW. However, not all of them have been issued developmental contracts. Consider this the WWE's way of saying that they've got their eye on them. The wrestlers that were issued developmental contracts are Arch Kincaid, Bobby Rude, Chad Collyer, David Flair, Eric Young, Joey Matthews, Julio Dinero, Mike Kruel, Onyx, Shawn Daivari, and Tyson Dux. Kincaid and Dux have worked many a dark match and Heat/Velocity squash so their signings are not very surprising. Joey Matthews has been courted by the WWE for a while now, and has now just officially signed the dotted line. However, don't expect him to say in OVW much longer, but more on that later. Julio Dinero is one of the more marquee signings, and he too may not spend much time in OVW.

The wrestlers that are going to voluntarily work OVW shows, and train under Danny Davis, Jim Cornette, Dennis Knight, Ray Traylor, Mando Guerrero and Paul Diamond are Bobby Quance, Bobby Rude, Brad Hunter, Brent Dail, Derrick Neikirk, Dino Bambino, Jack Bull, Jimmy Vegas, Ken Anderson, Mike Hughes, Mike Knox, Navajo Warrior, Phil Brown, Ruffy Silverstein, Shawn Daivari, Tommy Suede, and Tony Kozina. The WWE will not be paying them for their appearances, but they do consider this as a way to get noticed by the WWE.

The WWE has a few developmental wrestlers that are going to be called up for the house show circuit soon. Joey Matthews, Alexis Laree, and The Bell Brothers will all be working the Smackdown house shows soon. They are expected to work together in a stable when they get "THE" call up to Smackdown, under a gimmick that will be a take on the current Punk'd craze.

Now onto the real news. Chris Benoit was pretty roughed up after Smackdown due to Rhyno working incredibly stiff. But due to the booking of the match Benoit wasn't really given a chance to retaliate. Next week on Smackdown Benoit will face Rhyno in a singles match. Benoit will obviously get a chance to retaliate, but Benoit is a true professional and will most likely not make an issue of it.

Also, Animal has made it known to the Raw brand writers that before he officially hangs up the boots sometime around WrestleMania he'd like to work a small program with Scott Steiner. Whether or not it goes through is undecided yet because he is currently expected to be involved with Christian and then Randy Orton.

In independent news, D'Lo Brown has officially signed on with Ring of Honor to work their February show. The WWE were considering a return for D'Lo Brown as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble. How this will affect that is unknown at the moment. In other news involving former WWE stars, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and Typhoon have all agreed to work dates for Pro Wrestling Iron. This is pretty unusual considering they are more based around workrate.

That's all for this time.

user posted image

In the Hot Seat

The WWE has two months to renew two contracts. The first of which is former Intercontinental Champion, The A-Train's. As of now, there are no long term plans for A-Train. The original plan dating back to the beginning of November called for a feud between Kurt Angle and A-Train, as was evident by the A-Train run-ins in Angle's matches. But it seems like the WWE has dropped all those plans in favor of an Angle feud with the Big Show, and John Cena. We aren't sure where this leaves A-Train, but with his contract expiring at the end of January, it could leave him on the unemployment line. However, that is highly unlikely because A-Train has the look, and style that the WWE likes. He also gets along well with everyone backstage, so that will not play a deciding role in the WWE's decision on whether or not to keep him. We'll keep you posted on what happens.

So, you guys have any thoughts on the matter?

user posted image

In The Hot Seat

As we mentioned before, therre are two WWE contracts that are almost ready to expire. One belonged to A-Train, and the other, as evident by the picture above, belongs to 'The Colossus of Boggy Road' Nathan Jones. Right now Jones is in the middle of a tag team program with his partner Matt Morgan, The World's Greatest Tag Team, and Chavo Guerrero & Doug Basham. But should the WWE choose not to resign Nathan Jones, there would be enough time to end this program at the Royal Rumble pay per view because Jones will be under contract until the end of January. In the past the WWE has been high on Jones, thinking that he has 'the look' to get far in the business. Plus he's young and relatively inexpensive... Perfect for a long term contract. But will his slow workrate, and nonchalant attitude backstage end his WWE career early? I guess we'll have to wait until February to find out.

Again, feel free to leave opinions.

If Jones would benefit from development, I'd say keep him...if OVW gave the "He's not going to improve in this environment" spiel, he could certainly be expendable. I thought Jones could really be something impressive, and honestly still do.