Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

I wish they would add costume choices to Legends, and Legendary costumes for the regular roster.

As in in 80's Hart Foundation look for Bret and the classic 90's look.

Or for regualr wrestler as in HBK, a current out, and a Jesus t-shirt and jeans, the outfit from WMX, and a Rockers oufit. That would be > * .

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they would add costume choices to Legends, and Legendary costumes for the regular roster.

As in in 80's Hart Foundation look for Bret and the classic 90's look.

Or for regualr wrestler as in HBK, a current out, and a Jesus t-shirt and jeans, the outfit from WMX, and a Rockers oufit. That would be > * .

I miss being able to update appearances.

That statement right there should let you know that THQ's main focus has always been presentation over gameplay. I was right alongside Matzat when it came to my opinion on the Smackdown games, especially after the dreadful Smackdown 3 and then its horrible clones on the Gamecube. I backed off THQ/Yukes a little bit after they genuinely did improve the game last year with HCTP. Still not as good as Fire Pro D, WrestleMania 2000 or No Mercy, but it was playable. Which is more than I can say about any previous Smackdown. This year ain't looking bad, obvious people being left out of the roster is shitty, but that comes as little surprise to me, and it's not nearly as bad as Day of Reckoning's roster which left out the fucking Dudley Boyz, the only tag team that has consistently been on WWE TV since their debut, with the exception of one break up that didn't last long.

They could have stick wrestlers fighting for all I care

But your average Smackdown player does care. Imagine if THQ went from how models looked last year, to making them look like Smackdown 2... fans would storm THQ and hang them by the balls.

It's time to just accept WWE games are not going to be as good as they were five years ago with AKI running the show. You can either wait out THQ's contract with the WWE (which has roughly about five years still left on it if they don't renew), or you can play Smackdown which is the only domestic wrestling title out there and looks to be, while it's not an AKI game, it is making slight improvements. Things could be worse, remember when the last actual wrestling game we had was WWF RAW on SNES and Sega? Then we got those silly arcade games and finally were given Warzone... and to our dismay, sucked. Then Attitude... sucked. Then finally, WWF fans got a good wrestling game with WM2000. Seven years! It took seven years for WWF fans to get a great wrestling game. Keeping in mind all those old games on SNES and NES were only passable because games were simpler back then. So there were worse times, not that today is great by any stretch of the means.

I'm glade to see that in this years game, there are more legends. It's also good to see that those legends don't have the dumb wrestlemania entrances like they did in HCTP. That was so dumb. I never had an N64, but I had played No Mercy a couple of times, and also enjoyed the one part were u could change all wrestlers apperances. They also had multipule attires too, which I personally think should have been put in SD! vs. RAW. If any game was gonna be like No Mercy, I thought it would have been RAW 2 for X-Box, but again I was wrong. I thought that SD! vs. RAW was gonna be way better then HCTP, and from what I've read, everyone who's been working on the game over at THQ feels that it will...but they aren't the ones who are gonna go out and buy the game, and play it for an hour or two, and then get bored of it.

The roster list really pisses me off as well. I don't understand how they are gonna work the whole tag-team division...personally, if I was creating this game, I'd have every division, have it's own storylines. This game really needs the new blood. That's what WWE has been working at doing over the past year or so...as we now have Randy Orton as World Champ, JBL as WWE Champ. Heat & Velocity should be included as well...which could be used to build some of the lower talent up. Kidman/London should both be in the game, all the CW from SD! should be in the game. The Bashams, La Res, Eugene, the list goes on and on...if they've been on WWE tv for atleast three to two months, they should be a lock. What happened to the SSlam roster deadline anyway? I thought that in an IGN interview, they said that the final roster for SD! vs. RAW would be the current WWE roster post SSlam. Which means, no Sable, but I could see how she could be left in, but Rikishi should be gone for sure...as should Sakoda.

of cause they have to be more used becaus of the smal roster they just will be around more in season mode, but besides bret and andre i don´t see much use in the legents that have been revealed up untill now as well (even piper and snuka are people i cannot imagin to work with the smackdown audiance that obviusly has other prioretys than classic wrestling knowleg in their head)

Lemme think, i am not shure, wassent Andree from Grenoble, France ore something like that ? They better have a storyline were he joines la resistance :lol: (if they acept real fenshmen :rolleyes: )

• Admin

of cause they have to be more used becaus of the smal roster they just will be around more in season mode, but besides bret and andre i don´t see much use in the legents that have been revealed up untill now as well (even piper and snuka are people i cannot imagin to work with the smackdown audiance that obviusly has other prioretys than classic wrestling knowleg in their head)

Lemme think, i am not shure, wassent Andree from Grenoble, France ore something like that ? They better have a storyline were he joines la resistance  :lol: (if they acept real fenshmen  :rolleyes: )

Except La Resistance aren't in the game :P

Just a comparison of the rosters from SDvsRAW and HCTP.

HCTP SDvsRAW

A-Train --------------------------- A-Train

Batista ---------------------------- Batista

Big Show ------------------------- Big Show

Booker T ------------------------- Booker T

Brock Lesnar

Bubba Ray Dudley ---------------- Bubba Ray Dudley

Charlie Haas ---------------------- Charlie Haas

Chavo Guererro ------------------ Chavo Guererro

Chris Benoit ----------------------- Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho ---------------------- Chris Jericho

Christian -------------------------- Christian

D-Von Dudley -------------------- D-von Dudley

Eddie Guererro ------------------- Eddie Guererro

Edge ------------------------------ Edge

Eric Bischoff

Goldberg

Goldust

The Hurricane

Jazz

John Cena ------------------------ John Cena

Kane ------------------------------ Kane

Kevin Nash

Kurt Angle ------------------------ Kurt Angle

Lance Storm

Lita

Matt Hardy ------------------------ Matt Hardy

Randy Orton ---------------------- Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio ---------------------- Rey Mysterio

Rhyno ----------------------------- Rhyno

Ric Flair --------------------------- Ric Flair

Rico ------------------------------- Rico

Rikishi

Rob Van Dam --------------------- Rob Van Dam

The Rock -------------------------- The Rock (legend)

Rodney Mack

Sable ------------------------------- Sable

Scott Steiner

Sean O'haire

Shawn Michaels -------------------- Shawn Michaels

Shelton Benjamin ------------------ Shelton Benjamin

Stacy Keibler ----------------------- Stacy Keibler

Stephanie McMahon

Steve Austin

Steven Richards

Tajiri -------------------------------- Tajiri

Test

Torrie Wilson ----------------------- Torrie Wilson

Triple H ----------------------------- Triple H

Trish Stratus ------------------------ Trish Stratus

Ultimo Dragon

Undertaker -------------------------- Undertaker

Val Venis

Victoria ------------------------------ Victoria

Vince Mcmahon

Basically when you compare the two (only who were in both), while not being seeming as 'huge' as the HCTP roster looked...look at the guys they took out. Not really many people of importance..:/

People taken out

Brock Lesnar

Eric Bischoff

Goldberg

Goldust

The Hurricane

Jazz

Lance Storm

Lita

Rikishi

Scott Steiner

Sean O'haire

Stephanie McMahon

Steve Austin

Steven Richards

Test

Ultimo Dragon

Val Venis

Vince Mcmahon

Seems like a lot right? But really..the only ones of notice are Lesnar, Goldberg, Austin, and Steiner...none of which are in WWE anymore. And those of note to maybe the 'smark crowd' The Hurricane..and O'haire. One not being in WWE anymore..and Hurricane is only used as a jobber. Don't see why they'd take him out, when he's been in since SYM..but still he's not really an important character in the wwe, yes..even less so then A-train. Especially when you look at the time span of the game, which contains a ppv that featured Atrain/Benoit whereas, I don't believe Hurricane had a ppv match at all? And plus

People that were added

Chuck Palumbo

Garrison Cade

Hardcore Holly

J.B. Layfield

Mark Jindrak

Molly Holly

Rene Dupree

Scotty 2 Hotty

Now of course...a few of those are jobbers yea..but Steven Richards was a jobber, and HCTP and no one complained. Ultimo Dragon..who did, NOTHING was in HCTP, but again, no one complained. Now don't get me wrong..I do know there are still guys like Jamie Noble/La Resistance who've yet to make it into the game, or the likes of London, Eugene and such...but when you compare the two rosters of the game in numbers (not including legends), it's SDvsRAW (41) to HCTP (54) and when you look at the list of people taken out..compared to that of people added in, it truly doesn't seem as horrible. I mean...(Eric Bischoff, Goldust, Jazz, Lita, Rikishi, Stephanie, Test, Val Venis..) Me personally..I think I would have taken Rene Dupree..and the chance to see JBL get what he deserves, for all those wrestlers I just listed.

Will edit legends stuff in, in a min.

Edited by Media 2.0

Good research there Media. Not really a huge difference, so I guess another reason for the smaller roster is the WWE has a smaller roster with all the releases. Doesn't make sense to take out Lita, I can understand Eugene being left out, but London and Kidman still got screwed. I could give a shit less about La Resistance though.

Sometimes it wouldn't be so bad if they left out all those people. I remember in one of the SmackDown! series that they had already made parts for some wrestlers in the Create A Wrestler mode. Which I always liked, why couldn't they keep that in...they could also through in a couple outside guys and even legends. I still feel that there are a lot of guys that should be added to the game still, and I don't think any is official until it's put up on an official SmackDown! vs. RAW site, is there even such a thing yet!?!

They should add one of the few good features from LoW, lists of names you can use for created wrestlers so they actually get announced by name, nothing major but would be nice.

They had that in SYM, didn't they? I know for a fact they had it in one of the games, just not sure which. It's likely to return since commentators are back, but it really relies on announcers.

SYM just had a list of generic names like Lone Wolf, in addition to some missed out superstars like Tommy Dreamer. LOW actually had seperate first and second names so you could make names, sneakily including popular American surnames like Angle.

Wouldn't THQ state how many superstars they could do though? WWE picking them explains A-Trains call-up though.

Big point of the day: Brutus Fucking Beefcake! The man who without the influence of Hulk Hogan would have been forgotten about during the 80's, never to be seen again. Thanks Hogan, now I have to put up with him in a game. Hart, Piper, Andre, Snuka, Beefcake. Somebody tell me which one is out of place there?

Bret Hart. The rest all wrestled under false names :shifty:

Well I'll be honest...that is fucking wicked!

I mean old school Rock was super and I'd take him over the newer style Rock. Manking is damn brilliant too and will do nicely for me. As for LOD, well yeah that's a no for me. I didn't use them in HCTP really at all and I'm seriously surprised they took them two over the lieks of Hogan and Savage. I really wish they'd have at least added Vader though as I wanted a Vader/Manking match :(

Still I'm happy with what they've added tonight :)

Edit: LOD actually look pretty damn good in the picture on IGN. Rock looks awesome and same for Mankind, although a Mankind with the brownish attire would have been really cool but I can live with this one.

*Prays that the old rock music is in the game*

Edited by JohnnyPerfect