EWB Neighbours thread

Bwahahahaha, the cuts to the toy train when Paul and Pepper were getting it on were hilarious, I haven't laughed that much in days.

And Bulldust is the best comedy replacement swear-word ever.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous, yes. Hilarious, yes.

It was cheap, tacky and it was a cliche, but was also light-hearted. It fitted right in.

I can't actually remember what happened today, besides Karl and Dylan hanging out for no reason and with no prior examples to back up why. Not complaining at all though, great combo.

Dylan/Karl hanging out was awesome. First time I've watched in an age. Skye and Stingray got together at the end. That's all I remember. Besides the school teacher being really fucking hot. Still don't know her name.

Edited by YI

ITV have pretty much won the rights to Neighbours.

ITV is in "advanced negotiations" with Fremantle to poach Neighbours from the BBC, according to Broadcast.

The broadcaster is thought to have offered Fremantle around £80,000 per episode, four times that of the BBC. The deal would value the Aussie soap, which has a UK audience of 7 million, at more than £20 million a year.

The magazine reports that Fremantle was ready to accept ITV's offer earlier this week but could not finalise terms on additional rights, such as VOD and broadband.

George McGhee, director of acquisitions at the BBC, said that he was still in discussions over renewing the existing deal. "Fremantle will ultimately do what it wants to do," he said. "I'm sure ITV would like to have it but would that be best for Neighbours?"

Pepper aka Nicky Whelan has some smoking bikini pics alone, including see through :brow:

Fockdiddle at ITV, they'll ruin everything. Boo to adverts and boo to breaking the Neighbours/Simpsons combo.

I don't watch it but I guess it's a bit of news from the UK

BBC close to losing 'Neighbours'

Thursday, April 26 2007, 09:57 BST

By Joanne Oatts, Media Correspondent

The BBC could be about to withdraw from negotiations for Australian soap Neighbours.

Last week, it was reported that rival ITV was in "advanced negotiations" with distributor Fremantle, and considering paying £80,000 an episode to acquire the soap. Though ITV insiders have said it could not finalise terms on additional rights, such as VOD and broadband.

The BBC has called Fremantle's demands "unrealistic and greedy", after its offer of around £70,000 an episode was rejected. The BBC currently pays £25,000 an episode for the soap.

BBC director of acquisitions George McGhee told Broadcast: "If a deal is not reached in the very, very near future, we will withdraw the money and move it elsewhere. We quite possibly will [move it by the end of this week]."

Five, owned by German media giant RTL which also owns Fremantle, is also believed to interested in acquiring the programme.

A lot of Neighbours is eye-gougingly annoying at the moment, all the stuff with Carmella and 'The Business' and Paul and Elle 'Look at how evil we are, die Timminzzzzz' is just horrific TV. However, some other stuff is really good, like Rosie/Frasier (when Paul isn't around), and Karl/Susan stuff. The 'recap video' of the Karl and Springsteen relationship today was golden.

A lot of Neighbours is eye-gougingly annoying at the moment, all the stuff with Carmella and 'The Business' and Paul and Elle 'Look at how evil we are, die Timminzzzzz' is just horrific TV. However, some other stuff is really good, like Rosie/Frasier (when Paul isn't around), and Karl/Susan stuff. The 'recap video' of the Karl and Springsteen relationship today was golden.

It was wonderful, I was waiting for it to wave out of the back window in a typical Neighbours leaving fashion.