The EWB Band 100 Results

Jook

Comin' from someone who still really enjoys Pokémon, eh.

You tell him Summers! Coheed and Cambria is one of the best bands out there right now, and thats all there is to it.

And onto the list, RHCP..I liked the first few things they had out but each time they put a newer one out it kinda puts them down even farther on my list. Oh and if Nirvana IS in the top 10...damn all of you EWB'ers that voted for them.

Don't get me wrong, their sound is nice, but it's the same sound over and over to me.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of a high horse, you can insult Coheed, but I can't insult Pokémon.

Claiming Coheed sound the same - thus it bores you - yet still watching Pokémon, which is just being rehashed with new and shit creatures and being entertained by it? Right.

You complained that listening to an album three times bored you - and then say they sound the same - well, yes, the album isn't going to change, you know?

Co&Ca are shit. I tried to get into their stuff but I couldn't, it sounds like over the top glam fag stuff that belongs in the late 80's.

Twisted Sister > Coheed & Cambria (H)

Claiming Coheed sound the same - thus it bores you - yet still watching Pokémon, which is just being rehashed with new and shit creatures and being entertained by it? Right.

You complained that listening to an album three times bored you - and then say they sound the same - well, yes, the album isn't going to change, you know?

No, I wasn't saying that, this is a conversation about COHEED not about Pokémon, you could've asked me what I disliked about them and proved me wrong, but instead you resulted to what you conceived an insult.

I find Pokémon entertaining, but I don't play/watch it constantly, music is something that affects society 24/7, Pokémon is just a game and TV show that certain people enjoy, it doesn't have near the same effect as music does and so I become bored faster with music than I do TV and games.

The album isn't going to change? Suprise me there! Check my Last.FM music list, I listened to Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo around 40 times before getting bored, that was one song. This was an entire album and it bored me.

No, I wasn't saying that, this is a conversation about COHEED not about Pokémon, you could've asked me what I disliked about them and proved me wrong, but instead you resulted to what you conceived an insult.

I find Pokémon entertaining, but I don't play/watch it constantly, music is something that affects society 24/7, Pokémon is just a game and TV show that certain people enjoy, it doesn't have near the same effect as music does and so I become bored faster with music than I do TV and games.

The album isn't going to change? Suprise me there! Check my Last.FM music list, I listened to Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo around 40 times before getting bored, that was one song. This was an entire album and it bored me.

FUCK got old quick, imo.

Yes, Coheed, not Pokémon, comparisons are allowed. My first Pokémon comment was a joke, then you said because the album bored you, then I mentioned how you watch & enjoy a show that has been the same since the get-go. Music as a whole affects society 24/7, but not a single band.

Co&Ca are shit. I tried to get into their stuff but I couldn't, it sounds like over the top glam fag stuff that belongs in the late 80's.

Twisted Sister > Coheed & Cambria (H)

I don't hear that, at all.

I'm certainly glad of Co&Ca in the top fifthteen. I over-listen to their music.

With awesome songs like D-Lyrium Trigger and the like. They deserve it.

I really don't like Nirvana, It's just my opinion. But I think a one hit wonder like Haddaway is better then them.

(Don't ask. What Is Love was on the radio and then a weird remix with Spice Girls, MC Hammer and so many other people.)

Edited by MrNiceGuy43

I'm certainly glad of Co&Ca in the top fifthteen. I over-listen to their music.

With awesome songs like D-Lyrium Trigger and the like. They deserve it.

I really don't like Nirvana, It's just my opinion. But I think a one hit wonder like Haddaway is better then them.

(Don't ask. What Is Love was on the radio and then Can't Touch This by MC Hammer. <_<)

Delirium.

FUCK got old quick, imo.

Yes, Coheed, not Pokémon, comparisons are allowed. My first Pokémon comment was a joke, then you said because the album bored you, then I mentioned how you watch & enjoy a show that has been the same since the get-go. Music as a whole affects society 24/7, but not a single band.

Yeah, but the thing is, a sound can become very repetitive, you know the song "I know a song that'll get on your nerves", that's what Coheed was to me. All shows follow a certain format, Pokémon has a format like every other show, but I personally prefer the games over the TV show and there is actually quite a bit of depth in making Pokémon squads if you can get into it. It's not a knock at Coheed, when I first heard the songs I loved them, but something just made them get old fast on me.

FUCK got old quick, imo.

Yeah, but the thing is, a sound can become very repetitive, you know the song "I know a song that'll get on your nerves", that's what Coheed was to me. All shows follow a certain format, Pokémon has a format like every other show, but I personally prefer the games over the TV show and there is actually quite a bit of depth in making Pokémon squads if you can get into it. It's not a knock at Coheed, when I first heard the songs I loved them, but something just made them get old fast on me.

I just don't see how it gets old, perhaps a couple of the slower songs - as they're long and drawn out. But, most of the songs I just can't see how the sound would get boring moreso than any other band.

I just don't see how it gets old, perhaps a couple of the slower songs - as they're long and drawn out. But, most of the songs I just can't see how the sound would get boring moreso than any other band.

I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to personal taste, you find Pokémon repetitive and lame (I'd assume for the latter) and I found those songs the same, I mean heck, up until a month or two ago I listened to the American Idiot album pretty much every day and didn't get bored until lately.

I like when people lose sight of what this list represents. It's not a "Top 100 Bands Ever" list. It's EWB members favorite bands. Thus, to some people, Nirvana and the like don't have to be in it.

rvdwannabe.

Any predictions for the top 10?

A retarded monkey could figure out who'll be in it... but who'll finish top?

Because I can't actually be bothered to look through the list properly, Foo Fighters, Queen and the Beatles will be in there. If Nirvana are in there, I'm gonna hurl. Also, if FF are number 1, I might throw something.

Even if you don't like them, I think its pretty hard to have a top 10/20/25 (whatever number you wanna use to quantify) bands of all time without having Nirvana in there.

No it's not...if you're rating by talent. Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands ever. Kurt Cobain was not good at guitar, and his voice was horrible. Him being a good songwriter is debatable, and I truly think it's sad that he's sad such an influence on the world.

Ahhh...gotta love you, sometimes.

At the end of the day, if you did a true best 100 bands of all time, it wouldn't be about stuff such as who is more "talented" ,whatever that is(for you, someone like Dave Mustaine would be more talented than Johnny Marr, but not for me....so talent is un-definable), or who is the "best". It'd be about influence on the music and the generation around it, and Nirvana made big changes, whether people like it or not. How you can't see how he is considered a good songwriter just shows, in my eyes, how narrow-minded you seem to be about music at times.....the ability to write a hook filled alt-pop (which is exactly what Kobain was the master at) song is hard, and to be able to do it convincingly is even harder (and as for saying Kobain has an awful voice....not wanting to pick on him, but Mustaine is poor, as it his songwriting skills, but you still seem to like him). Irrelevant of bias as to who you do or don't like, the fact that you seem to struggle to look at music objectively slightly bemuses me.

EDIT: And Tristy, my point was that if we were making a top 100 list, then Nirvana had every right to be there, so why he said he would like to "hurl" made no sense to me, that's all. There are some more shocking conclusions if you look at it that way. All along though, I've said that its about what people like on EWB, so I know what the list is about, but was just querying why a band that would deserve a place on a top 100 list in general would annoy someone so much, thats all :P

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to personal taste, you find Pokémon repetitive and lame (I'd assume for the latter) and I found those songs the same, I mean heck, up until a month or two ago I listened to the American Idiot album pretty much every day and didn't get bored until lately.

Used to love Pokémon, back in the original days. I find it hella repetitive now though, and it seems they're dragging it out way past it's experation date - however - the Gameboy games were fun for longer then the series.

EDIT: And Tristy, my point was that if we were making a top 100 list, then Nirvana had every right to be there, so why he said he would like to "hurl" made no sense to me, that's all. There are some more shocking conclusions if you look at it that way. All along though, I've said that its about what people like on EWB, so I know what the list is about, but was just querying why a band that would deserve a place on a top 100 list in general would annoy someone so much, thats all :P

I just find that as long as I either like a band, or I can see why people listen to them as much as they do, I don't really mind any of the inclusions, but I'm weird like that. Or if they would actually deserve a spot in an official top 100 by my reckoning.

You tell him Summers! Coheed and Cambria is one of the best bands out there right now, and thats all there is to it.

I'd like to dispute that, but you're probably right. Seeing as how a lot of the bands out there right now are also shit.

You're going to hell.

As long as they aren't playing Coheed and Cambria, I welcome it :P