The EWB Band 100 Results

Jook

I don't understand why people are getting upset that so-and-so arent in the list or are placed too high up... This is a list of what music EWB listens to, right? It isnt like God has come down and said that this is the definitive list of bands/artists...

Lighten up. Not everyone can be a pretentious music fan.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck the images. I can't be arsed. If you want to see them that badly then google them yourselves :P

70th: U2 DOWN 5

69th: The Cure DOWN 50

68th: Bjork DOWN 22

67th: The Doors DOWN 51

66th: Marilyn Manson UP 22

65th: Massive Attack DOWN 3

64th: Kraftwerk DOWN 3

63rd: Beck UP 17

62nd: Kanye West NEW ENTRY

61st: Black Sabbath DOWN 13

Oh yeah. Remember when I said the Beastie's weren't in it? Well they are. My bad :D

The list is now lamer, knowing the Beasties are in.

Ok.

THE BESTEST BANDS IN THE WORLD

1. Coheed & Cambria

2. Rubbish Emo Band

3. Other rubbish emo band

Better?

Oh just get back to rigging Radiohead to number 1 again.

Well quite a few of you certainly sucked the fun out of this thread, moaning about every band on the list...

Name me a top 100 thread/list that didn't include people saying "why's he/they so high" or something along those lines. If McFly were number 1 in this thread, I'm sure people wouldn't be going, "oh, cool".

Besides...MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE ABOVE THE FUCKING KINKS!?!?! :crying:

Well quite a few of you certainly sucked the fun out of this thread, moaning about every band on the list...

Name me a top 100 thread/list that didn't include people saying "why's he/they so high" or something along those lines. If McFly were number 1 in this thread, I'm sure people wouldn't be going, "oh, cool".

Irrelevant of how good they are, the Kinks were just like a lot of older bands (The Who, The Animals, etc etc) who really only had one big hit which is known by our generation. MCR are a big thing at the moment. No real contest.

Irrelevant of how good they are, the Kinks were just like a lot of older bands (The Who, The Animals, etc etc) who really only had one big hit which is known by our generation. MCR are a big thing at the moment. No real contest.

Kids these days eh? Meh, it's true I guess, but the music lover in me cringes when I see bands I can't stand above bands like the Kinks, the Who. Oh, and on that subject, if the Who are not in the top 5, or AT LEAST the top 10, I'm gonna cry and then break something with a pencil.

Lola, Louie Louie, You Really Got Me and Sunny Afternoon beg to differ on the point of having 'one hit'.

I think what he meant was that when most of the "MTV generation" thinks of the Who, they think of My Generation (or Pete Townsend's bizarre antics, but I digress) and when they think of the Kinks, they'll generally think of You Really Got Me or, maybe maybe, they might think of Lola. I don't think he meant that they only had one hit, only meant that they're known to kids nowadays by one or maybe two songs.

Edited by The Monkey Molester

Guest sahyder2k5

How is this list being counted? Because I see one Kanye West vote (at #7, which should give him 4 points), and that's from Cloudy. That gives him 6 points. Black Sabbath, however, has at least 12 points from what I can see. There's nobody between 6 and 12 pts?

Edited by thuggy

Lola, Louie Louie, You Really Got Me and Sunny Afternoon beg to differ on the point of having 'one hit'.

Check out TMM's response. That's what I mean. The Kinks, The Animals, The Who, etc etc, are generally known for one song in our generation, than anything else. Therefore, in a current "what people like" kinda poll, even seeing The Kinks to me is a surprise.