The EWB Band 100 Results

Jook

The Strokes, The Manics, Pavement, T-Rex, Blondie, Kaiser Chiefs and PJ Harvey make me happy.

Bloc Party, Kasabian, New Found Glory, Incubus and the lack of Talking Heads make me less happy.

I'd love to see something completely out of left-field like An Albatross or Lightning Bolt get in there, but that obviously isn't happening. I'm not even sure I voted for them.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Found Glory are talented, are ood live and sell ablums well. What else do you want?

I'd like something besides their trite lyrics. And they are horrible live, I've seen them twice now and they're just bad. The lead singer's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

If you are listening to bands because they sell albums well, you are listening to music for the wrong reasons.

No, he didn't use that as his reason for listening to them, he just said it as a point. Also, I agree with him....even with commerical music, there are "good" bands and "bad" bands, and the ones that sell obviously have something more to offer than the bands who do similar music, but don't sell as well (better music possibly?). So if he likes Pop Punk, or whatever it is called, then New Found Glory are one of the better exponents of it, I guess.

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

New Found Glory belong on the list as much or in a lot of cases more than as bands like the Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs and to a lesser extent, the Strokes (I am a fan of all three). NFG may not be your cup of tea, but they are pretty well versed in the pop-punk genre and even if I don't care for them, this is a list of favorite bands and have every right to be on the list.

85th: DJ Shadow NEW ENTRY

NEWS-dj_shadow.jpg

84th: Interpol DOWN 12

interpol.jpg

83rd: Pantera NEW ENTRY

pantera.jpg

82nd: Sonic Youth NEW ENTRY

SonicYouth1.jpg

81st: Aerosmith NEW ENTRY

aerosmith.jpg

80th: The Velvet Underground DOWN 52

vu_nico.jpg