Favourite Videogame Melodies

PkmnTrainerJ

My liked ones:

Pokémon - The Pokécenter music, and the little healing machine jingle. Also in the advanced games, the guitarist battle music.

Mario - Mario 64 wandering around in the castle, Super Mario Bros. 3, the first level tune.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES sounds owned. You know it. Especially the boss fights.

Final Fantasy - The battle music, Hurry Faster, Who Am I and of course, Crazy Motorcycle Chase. And if actual songs then: Eyes On Me, Real Emotion and 1000 Words count here too.

Zelda - All the little ocarina tunes, and the Minish Cap's Minish Forest tune.

Smash Bros. - The title music and Pokéfloats music of Melee.

THUG2 - All the non-Hip-Hop songs on this game too.

Ummm...that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure when I play other games I'll add more in.

Guest Helmed Horror

Mario - The Underground music

Zelda - All the Ocarina music, especially The Rain Song (I'm, exentually, going to learn the Accordian so I can play this)

Hmm...All I can think of.

ALL FF6 music.

The music from "Life Force" rocks.

Castlevania 1: "Vampire Killer" and "Stalker"

Castlevania 2: "Bloody Tears" and "Within These Castle Walls"

MegaMan 2: HeatMan, QuickMan, MetalMan, and Dr. Willy's first two stages.

MegaMan 3: HardMan and TopMan

Lufia And The Fortress of Doom: Boss Battle, The Fortress of Doom, and Guard Daos.

Secret of Mana: The Mana Fortress

BlasterMaster: Stage 2

Contra: Stage 1, Stage 5, Stage 6

The biohazard and metal gear sound tracks stand out as superb. Shadows of the Empire had some awesome tracks.

Favourite?

Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time.

disturbing, creepy, badass.

Guest Future Shock

ANYTHING from the 8 to 16 bit era, in particular Street Fighter, Sonic, and Lemmings. Suikoden II is another that comes to mind from the 32 bit era, though. Everything about that game rules.

Guest The Trooper

Radio X(?) from GTA San Andreas.

It just had this wierd feel of power, i mean who wouldn't want to go out for a killing spree with killing in the name of playing :)

Oh and the first Tony Hawks game, that game completely rocked and all the tunes are stuck in my head. Going on the downtown level with Police Truck blaring > You!

There are a bunch that people have mentioned that I'm partial to, but now I'm going to mention three no-one's mentioned so far, all from KOTOR II:

- The title track "The Sith Lords"

- The Ebon Hawk music

- The "Jedi Theme" music

All three are really great atmospheric tracks, with the latter two being the two most Star Wars-ish of the whole game.