International Weekend

MDK

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland Out of the World Cup, France and Switz through.

Serbia and Montenegro are through and Spain are in qualifyers.

Slovakia are through to qualifyers.

Turkey claim the Qualifyers over Denmark and Greece.

Czech Republic get qualifyers.

Edited by Face Turn!~

On a slightly off-topic note, I was really tense watching the England/Poland game, partly because it was quite a good game, but mostly on a cultural level.

When England played Portugal last year there were huge riots in the streets after the game here, because it's a fairly racist place and there's a large Portugeuse population; any excuse, basically, and I was expecting the same tonight, as we've got an almost equally large Polish population, so I'm happy to say that (as far as I'm aware), no such thing happened. Good news.

Very good win, Rooney was brilliant as usual. Who is the next game against? (Friendly I guess?)

Caught the last ten minutes of the Rep. Ireland game, bloody intense, very exciting. Very sad to see them not make it though, they deserve it if you ask me. Given has to be one of the greatest keepers in the world, whatever anyone says. Not only does he save Newcastle time after time, but he does the exact same for Ireland so many times. I feel so sorry for the guy, because really, despite how hard he works all the time he's still not getting half as much as he deserves.

Rooney as usual looked his best coming forward from midfield yet another reason not to play him as a striker. It's was also good to see us play football for once :o Shame next game it'll all be over but still. A good game every 4 years is better then the norm.

Poland away we played well for one. :blink:

Very good win, Rooney was brilliant as usual. Who is the next game against? (Friendly I guess?)

Caught the last ten minutes of the Rep. Ireland game, bloody intense, very exciting. Very sad to see them not make it though, they deserve it if you ask me. Given has to be one of the greatest keepers in the world, whatever anyone says. Not only does he save Newcastle time after time, but he does the exact same for Ireland so many times. I feel so sorry for the guy, because really, despite how hard he works all the time he's still not getting half as much as he deserves.

Do you take pride in being an idiot, or is it just genetic?

I don't care about Morrison, but Carr is a good defender in the Premier League (formerly the best league in the world, before Roman came along and earned himself about a million curses on his head). So I find myself just a little bit sceptical of your claim that they were shit - there is a condition known as 'having a bad game', you know.