International Weekend

MDK

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we all agree that Beckham deserved to be sent off? And that we should drop him, stick Shaun Wright-Phillips on the right and give the captaincy to John Terry. Yes Sven has absolutely no idea what he is doing, as much as I like Crouch, he should have left Owen on his own up front. Anyone who thinks that we are going to win the world cup should visit a mental institution.

Owen on his own up front doesn't work. Look at the game against Northern Ireland

Crouch isnt a striker that has any pace, and he cant hold up the ball on his own. Therefore he cant play on his own up front. At least Owen has some pace and he can chase down defenders.

I loved the first penalty...

"What the fuck ref? That was a perfect hammerlock! It would've been an armbar if the cunt hadn't no-sold the takedown! Oh, this is football? Shit... I'll be off then. Oh, not even going to book me? Cool!"

I especially liked BaldingBloke standing on the penalty spot, and Lampard running up to take it anyway. BaldingBloke shit a brick :P

Then a few minutes later "Hahaha, take that ya Scouse bastard. He won't touch me, he's Spanish. Ooh, looks like I got away with it this time."

Then seventy minutes later, Beckham gets booked for heading the ball, concedes a free kick for not tackling someone, and sent off for what most referees would barely give a free kick for.

Then over in Northern Ireland, Wales get a penalty for asking politely, but Northern Ireland don't for getting kicked in the face, bumbfucked by the keeper, and have a goal disallowed for being injured.

Isn't consistent refereeing great?

Oh, and Peter Crouch reminds me of Giant Gonzales. "Yay, header. That means I don't have to move." "Ah shit, a pass. Must...move...feet... *trips over ball*. Fuck, I did a Heskey".

I know I haven't seen him play much, and he must've done something good to get into the England squad, but he was fucking shit today. He has the ariel ability of a long stick, the balance of Emile Heskey, and the pace of Big Show.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Can we all agree that Beckham deserved to be sent off? And that we should drop him, stick Shaun Wright-Phillips on the right and give the captaincy to John Terry. Yes Sven has absolutely no idea what he is doing, as much as I like Crouch, he should have left Owen on his own up front. Anyone who thinks that we are going to win the world cup should visit a mental institution.

Seriously, anyone who really thought Beckham deserved to get sent off....well, I just can't see it. When you jump for a header, you use your arms as some form of propulsion...he didn't swing his arm/elbow, and he went for the ball, therefore, a freekick at worst. The second yellow, he pulled out of the challenge, yet he clipped the bloke a bit....who then proceeded to take two more steps and dive....so yeah, he may have clipped him, but the bloke (as John Terry so eloquenly pointed out to the ref :P) dived, probably in the hope of getting Beckham sent off (seeing that he saw Beckham was coming in for a challenge). It was a joke, as was the refereeing through most of it. The penalty is an iffy point, and could have gone either way, but when Owen was scythed down, he backed out. Seriously, I don't get it. Poor refereeing overshadowing what was a pretty decent and controlled England performance, until the sending off.

No, I cant. That was bullshit, the official got it way wrong. Only Beckham haters would say that was a sending off, it clearly wasn't. He shouldn't be dropped for shit either. He's in amazing form as of late, and lets not forget, outside of today's game he was basically England's best player for the last two or three.

No.

People rip him to bits. When he's been one of England's best players in the qualifying games.

Except he hasn't - unless the teams been built to make him look good.

I'm not gonna get into this argument AGAIN, but he has easily been more consistently good than most of our players, irrelevant of the media "OMG, THEY CHANGED THE FORMATION FOR HIM" hype.

Honestly, I think you just possibly just eat into that because otherwise, if they didn't, Gerrard would probably be quickly dropped, as Lampard > him in the center (although, admittedly, Gerrard was good today....as was Beckham, until he got sent off when he shouldn't have).