Movies With Surprising Endings...

paidelr

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, The Game with Michael Douglas is genius.

The swerve is that there IS no swerve. From the first minute on, they told you the whole thing was a game for the filthy stinking rich, and it was. But the whole time Van Orton gets more and more paranoid and you wonder if maybe it's all justified... until you remember, it really honest to god IS what they said it was all along! Why can't more movies do that?

Titanic. Didn't see that ending coming.

I know, who'd have guessed that the ship sank? :shifty:

Gee, thanks for the Spoiler warnings :P

Don't worry RW, I saw an advert this morning about a remastered DVD coming out. There's also an alternate ending, which is rather mind boggling. So it's not really spoilers >_>

Guest muddatrucker

I'd be willing to bet that the only ending involved different circumstances involving Jack and Rose on that floating door.

They can't of honestly filmed anything drastic, unless of course its one of those alternative endings involving different actors.

I'd be willing to bet that the only ending involved different circumstances involving Jack and Rose on that floating door.

They can't of honestly filmed anything drastic, unless of course its one of those alternative endings involving different actors.

Oh, I wouldn't expect anything else. I just found it humourous when they mentioned they had an alternate ending for a film where the original ending is a forgone conclusion :P

So I got my movies yesterday and watched "Identity" last night.

It's a good movie, but very complicated. I think the ending could've been explained a little more or something. That or I'm just a little simple. I dunno if I could watch it with my friends as they would not get it. Me and my girlfriend had trouble.

There was a rumour floating around, not long after Titanic was released, that they actually filmed a more open-ended end scene, which didn't actually show the boat sinking, because they didn't think American audiences would want to watch a mainstream film that killed off the majority of the cast.

I don't know how much weight that holds, and I've always assumed it was bullshit, but you never know. I don't know anyone who's bought the new DVD to see the alternate ending, or intends to, so I can't prove or disprove.

There was a rumour floating around, not long after Titanic was released, that they actually filmed a more open-ended end scene, which didn't actually show the boat sinking, because they didn't think American audiences would want to watch a mainstream film that killed off the majority of the cast.

I don't know how much weight that holds, and I've always assumed it was bullshit, but you never know. I don't know anyone who's bought the new DVD to see the alternate ending, or intends to, so I can't prove or disprove.

Back in '97, me and my brother were joking around, and he said sarcastically "Yeah, I hear the ship sinks". This girl just turns around, shocked at the news, cries out "WHY'D YOU TELL ME?!"

Still, movies with surprise endings, it wasn't too great of a film, but as far as a surprise, Escape From LA, when Snake shuts down the world.

Too bad it cancelled any sequels when he did it...

Back in '97, me and my brother were joking around, and he said sarcastically "Yeah, I hear the ship sinks". This girl just turns around, shocked at the news, cries out "WHY'D YOU TELL ME?!"

Still, movies with surprise endings, it wasn't too great of a film, but as far as a surprise, Escape From LA, when Snake shuts down the world.

Too bad it cancelled any sequels when he did it...

Haha, I've used that joke every time I've been in a discussion about Titanic, as I'm sure have 80% of the world's population, but I've never had it elicit that response. Kudos to you.

I love Escape From New York and Escape From LA, but I don't think I'd ever want to see any sequels, so I'm glad it ended that way.

Saw: I knew the ending before hand but as I got into the flim the ending nearly gave me a heart attack due to the fast heart rate that I was having by the end.

Saw II: Really didn't see it coming.

Friday the 13th: Talk about a classic suprising ending.

House of 1000 Corpses

House of Wax (Remake): Really didn't see it coming.

Saw and Saw 2 might be the worst pair of endings ever. They make the movie make no sense what so ever. I've never seen endings ruin a movie that was actually decent like these do.