NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for both guys. Howard's gonna walk into a bad situation with all of the pressure of having to be a star right away, and Okafor's going to a shitty team with no hope of being good for at least 3 or 4 years. I personally think it's a bad move for Orlando, but what else is new with them?

GREAT! As an Illinois native, I'm pleased that the Bulls drafted Gordon and essentially will have Deng also. That's great news.

Orlando, such idiots, how can you pass on Okafor for an high-school kid? All this talk about potiental, potiental doesn't win games. Okafor is the real deal, when he's putting up 17 and 10 and getting 2.5 blocks a game and wins rookie of the year Orlando will be kicking themselves.

I also like Andre Iguadola(sp?) going to Philly, that dude is a freak of nature and will raise some heads.

Now I just need to see where Jameer Nelson is going and I will no longer need to watch the rest of this draft.(Huge Jameer Nelson fan, hope he goes somewhere decent)

Edited by SeanB

I hate all these High Schoolers being picked not many of these guys will be stars. No one is like Lebron this year. Blah.

And Nuggets did get a steal, unfortunatly Nelson will be traded but I would have liked to see him and Melo win a championship 3 years down the road. Wasn't there talk of Kobe going to Denver too?

I doubt Nelson stays in Denver. He wasn't on Bzdelik's list at all (not because of talent but because he's not something they need) but obviously he's a player you can't pass up at that point.

Podkalzine woulda been a top 5 pick last year after his huge rise in the final days leading up to the draft, but now he dropped to 21 and I doubt he's even worth that.

Edit: Nelson being traded to the Magic. I'm sure Denver'll get 2 second rounders out of this and get more roleplayers to replace Anderson and Bowen.

Edited by Typical Phenom

Nelson to the Magic for 1 or 2 2nd round picks? I guess the Nuggets just didn't feel anyone was worth guaranteed money :/

I wish they'd raise the age limit since these drafts fucking suck.

$ 3 million and a player to the Nets for the dude that was just picked, who will now go to Portland.

For the record I made a mock draft to see how many I got right and I've gotten everything wrong except when Deng goes to the Bulls I'll have all the bulls picks in the 1st round right just in the wrong order. (Deng @ 3 and Gordon @ 7).

Yay trade... NY fans are the best. Oh my god Nuggets got raped. That trade sucked.

Edit: Had to edit in wrong... my fault.

Edited by Slimg

Number 11 on that guys list of best left is Tony Bobbitt! I will mark if Bobbitt, Tim Pickett, Luis Flores, Blake Stepp and Julius Page gets picked. I think Page may be a good player in the future.

I was typing this as they said Tony... Allen. and I thought bobbitt was picked right then.

Update (for me mostly): Pickett was picked, now Flores picked!! *Marks* Now Steppe!! Page or Bobbitt better be picked by the pacers.

Edited by Slimg

For the record I made a mock draft to see how many I got right and I've gotten everything right except when Deng goes to the Bulls I'll have all the bulls picks in the 1st round right just in the wrong order. (Deng @ 3 and Gordon @ 7).

Sure you did. No one had the dude from BYU to Toronto. That, and no one had Howard over Okafor.

Mavs are stacking up to make a run at Shaq.

WESTERN CAROLINA STOLE THE LAKERS UNIFORMS!!!

Edited by sycodmn

Sure you did. No one had the dude from BYU to Toronto. That, and no one had Howard over Okafor.

Mavs are stacking up to make a run at Shaq.

WESTERN CAROLINA STOLE THE LAKERS UNIFORMS!!!

Syco's correct there. The BYU wasn't even in the top 15 but the pick does make sense. As a Raptor fan it's good to see the Raptors drafting size that they badly need and not pick someone just for the heck of picking them. It was obvious that not many people wanted to move up so the Raptors had to make the reach there.

If the Mavs don't get Shaq now it'd be pretty surprising.

It's a shame that Nelson had dropped this far in the draft.