The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

NO ONE LIKE YOU

I'VE BEEN WAAAAAAAAAAITING FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOOOOOOOOUUUUUU etc etc.

Mmm, I may have to get GH80's.

Bah. Another mediocre Iron Maiden song(in my opinion, anyway). I'd much, much rather have seen Aces High, Two Minutes to Midnight, Run to the Hills, To Tame A Land, Holy Smoke, A Matter Of Life and Death, Mother Russia, or any other song better than Wrathchild, hell, any song with Bruce Dickinson singing.

On the subject of Caught in a Mosh, I only have to say "FUCK YEAH!"

I dunno if this has been posted yet..sorry, I didn't want to dig through 49 pages of posts...Rock The 80s...Extreme- Play With Me...the song that has possibly one of the coolest guitar solos ever, is in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c5wSdCDhUs

Note the Flava Flav clock on the Grim Ripper! Now that is brilliance.

I'm still pissed they picked that Billy Squier song over "The Stroke" or "Everybody Wants You," both of those would have been much more fun to play. Still, I can't wait to play "Heat of the Moment."

I suck at playing on Hard mode in GH2, but I have no problem playing on Hard in the original GH. Anyone have some tips? >.<

I guess I should note that my friend told me to play Jessica a few times to get the hang of hammer-ons and pull-offs. After playing it a few times, I've been getting around 70-78%, but I suck on the rest of the songs.

Edited by Helmz

It has been noted that GH2 is significantly harder than the original. However, practice mode is very useful, especially for tracks with particularly fiddly solos. What I tend to do is play the section I struggle with on a slow setting then when I have it nailed, speed it up and repeat until I can do it at full speed.

I suck at playing on Hard mode in GH2, but I have no problem playing on Hard in the original GH. Anyone have some tips? >.<

I guess I should note that my friend told me to play Jessica a few times to get the hang of hammer-ons and pull-offs. After playing it a few times, I've been getting around 70-78%, but I suck on the rest of the songs.

"Killing In The Name," "Dead!," "Strutter," "Tattooed Love Boys," and "Sweet Child O' Mine" are my Top 5 picks on learning how to play on hard. Start with "Strutter," any songs around that (besides "Woman") are pretty easy. The other four songs are tougher, but good learning tools.

Never was impressed by the idea of Guitar Hero, but my girlfriend's loved the time's she's had with it in stores so we ordered it off of Amazon and just got it today.

Gotta say, with the couple times she's actually let me touch the damn thing... I absolutely fucking suck. I can't even do songs on easy properly. I'm not used to the whole press the strummer and one or multiple buttons thing... then the whammy bar... I just suck.

But gotta admit it was fun. More fun than I thought. I'll have to get some time in with it when she can unglue her hands from the guitar.

Well, Psychobilly Freakout on Expert was definitely holding me up for a while, nightmare of a song. Managed to tenuously progress through the next 4 songs, so I'm left with Hangar 18 to pass and then Freebird. Can't quite get the hang of the former at the moment, but I definitely think I'll get past it soon-ish, then the fun of Freebird.

The game's obviously incredibly difficult, but at least it gives you quite a lot of scope for finding your level. I'm never going to five star plenty of these songs, but I'll be pretty happy with just limping my way through all the way to Freebird. Got a few of the bonus songs too, it's such an immense amount of gameplay.