The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

My hand cramped up out of the blue the other day. I forget which song it was, except that it was on Hard, but all of a sudden it was like "Ahh! My hand is not pressing the frets I want it to! It has developed a mind of its own!"...until of course it outright quit and froze into position on the green/red chord it happened to be pressing at the time. Just goes to show that you're never fully past this kind of crap. ¬_¬

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had it cramp up in that way before. Usually it would just hurt. A lot.

Edited by stokeriño

I start with my index finger on green and then shift down and up one button as needed.

Yeah, that's how I play as well. I start to panic and just kinda shuffle about, though it seems to work.

I'm pretty happy that I've managed to get to the 3rd or 4th tier of Hard without the concious ability to do hammer ons or pull offs. I probably should learn them soon.

So, I leave Guitar Hero and my guitar at my friends' house, 'cuz they love the game, and they down own it themselves, and they asked to borrow it. I figured 'I can go a few days without playing it. I often go several days without playing it.' So, of course, I now have a burning desire to play Madhouse. <_<

Ok, now there is something i don't get woth my guitar hero playing.

I got it for Christmas and have beaten the easy and medium. so i thought for a laugh I'd see how far i could get on 'Free Bird' on Expert, i managed to get to 55%, so i can't figure out why i can only get 28% on 'Shout at the Devil' on hard!

I've got to admit, the red blue chord is a bitch, 90% of the time i miss it coming off a green/yellow chord.

Yeah, I've had serious trouble with it myself. My best advice is to move your hand so that you play red+blue the same way you play green+yellow. It does fuck my brain up when I'm playing on hard though because I'm just not used to that orange chord.

I've got to admit, the red blue chord is a bitch, 90% of the time i miss it coming off a green/yellow chord.

Yeah, I've had serious trouble with it myself. My best advice is to move your hand so that you play red+blue the same way you play green+yellow. It does fuck my brain up when I'm playing on hard though because I'm just not used to that orange chord.

When I play Guitar Hero, I usually first play a 'warm up' song, usually Ziggy Stardust or Mother. I can't just jump into Psychobilly Freakout or Higher Ground and play them well without starting off on an easier song. If I don't, I'll fail miserably. I've been informed that I'm weird for this, as my friends can start out a Guitar Hero session at the peak of their ability. Does anyone else need to warm up before they can play well, or am I indeed weird for this?

Even if I am weird, I'm still better than they are.