Dissapointment Day

Benji

We've all had one, the game you got hyped about because you liked the look and sound of, you cradled that thirty odd pounds or forty dollars in your hands and less than begrudgingly handed it over for a game your pants might have been creamed over.

Then you got home, treated the disc/cartridge with the care of a holy accesory and played it, only to find it the most unimpressive spectactle you've felt since you realise Santa was fake.

For me, that game was probably Evergrace as well as Soul Calibur III, the former was just a self-hype thing, I'm a sucker for the fantasy world games, but Soul Calibur was everyone elses fault, I'm a Tekken boy and I was told the system wasn't THAT different, it is so different that I gave up after two hours thanks to frustration of barely hitting three hit combos and haven't touched it since.

The only other one was Vice City, okay, it wasn't a huge dissapointment, but I may as well just have played GTA3, it bored the living piss out of me to be doing almost the exact same thing. Eh, maybe it was me being picky.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like that all the time with games. I'm about to just buy Arena Football, but I keep finding reviews that say it sucks. I think I'll have my buddy rent it for me (Blockbuster employees get free rentals) and I'll try it out first.

The most recent two were Fable and a Baldur's Gate game. They seemed so awesome in previews, and in reviews, and now that I have both of them I haven't even opened the case....to be fair, I got 3 other games in that same day.

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War.

After the awesomeness of the first game, I was all "OMG! I bought Deus Ex 2!! :D :D".

After about half an hour of playing it, I was all "OMG, I actually paid for Deus Ex 2 :'("

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War.

After the awesomeness of the first game, I was all "OMG! I bought Deus Ex 2!! :D :D".

After about half an hour of playing it, I was all "OMG, I actually paid for Deus Ex 2 :'("

That, and Manhunt. Why did everyone else like that game?

I was dissapointed by Blitz: The League. There isn't much depth at all in the story mode, and it just was the same old Blitz with flashy new graphics.

State Of Emergency blew chunks.

Conflict: Vietnam looked pretty cool, but I found the gameplay nearly unplayable.

Black & White

Maybe it's because I don't get some inherent joy from the random persecution of faceless sprites, but I found it became very dull, very quickly. Even so, a friend of mine kept going on about it for months as if it were the greatest thing on Earth.

Edited by stokeriño

State of Emergency. I read a handfull of previews... but no reviews. The previews would lead you to believe you could start riots, and other people in the game would riot, vandalize, ect. in reality, people ran around aimlessly while you ran around aimlessly shooting.

Devil May Cry 2 sucked as well.

Max Payne 2 was a horrible let down after Max Payne I thought.

I don't know if it was just the change of the model actor, or the fact that it seemed to me to be a complete change from the first games character, but I just can't bring myself to finish it.

The Getaway is another one. Easily one of the crappiest games I've played, and the most frustrating driving in a game ever.

If we're counting games we didn't buy, but still didn't get the hype behind, throw in all the Gran Turismo games. To me they're little more than great graphics :\

Edited by Kaneanite