Five musical artists you must see live before you die!

So we have one life to live (or more if you're a Buddhist, but living as a worm or rat doesn't count) and there's plenty of music to go round.

Which musical artists would you put on that lifelong list of "Things to do"?

Personally I'd go for:

Aphex Twin

Bjork

Sigur Ros

Kraftwerk

Goldfrapp

Man that sucks that I haven't seen any of 'em!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead and Pink Floyd.

If Pink Floyd ever tour again, I will kill entire cities for tickets.

1. Nine Inch Nails

2. Tool

3. Dillinger Escape Plan

4. The Mars Volta

5. GWAR

Saul Williams, From A Second Story Window, Mindless Self Indulgence and a re-united Smashing Pumpkins are on my 6 through 10, though.

Edited by The Man They Call Tristy

Most of the people I'd like to see live I'd never ever get a chance to, like Tom Waits, who only gigs every once in a blue moon and it'll never be near me, or Syd Barrett, who'll never gig again unless Hell freezes over during his lifetime.

Aside from that...An Albatross (who I should be seeing in the next couple of months anyway), My Bloody Valentine, The Cure, Sonic Youth. I missed out on the chance to see the last two at Route Du Rock last year, so I was gutted about that.

For the most part, though, I don't rate live music that highly. I don't care if a band can play their songs live as well as they sound on the CD because...well...I may as well just listen to the CD, then, eh? I'm only really bothered about live bands if they play differently live than on the album, or throw in a few surprises or some crowd interaction. Hence why Art Brut are one of my favourite live bands.

Also, any Mike Patton project.

EDIT: And I saw two of Tristy's top ten on one night. Ripped :P

Edited by Skumfrog

1. Nine Inch Nails

2. Tool

3. Dillinger Escape Plan

4. The Mars Volta

5. GWAR

Saul Williams, From A Second Story Window, Mindless Self Indulgence and a re-united Smashing Pumpkins are on my 6 through 9, though.

Fixed :P

But yeah, add DEP to my list.

Audioslave (Believe it or not)? How dare you :angry:

Audioslave

Coheed

The Mars Volta (Microphone antics alone >_>)

Mudvayne

System of a Down

Foo's are sidelining, but I've not heard anything about how their live shows are. Grohl did a good acoustic session on Radio 1 a while back, but I dont know about the entire band.

Wish I could have seen RAGE live :(