Quickest you've ever dropped a game

Your Mom

There are a few.

UFC: Something or other, got bored after 10 minutes as it was just punch and kick and that was about it, no variation at all.

Lord of the Rings: The Official Game. A big pile of shit, handles like crap too.

Battlefield 2: I bought it and took it back the same day, was playing for about 30 minutes and it was way too arcady to be a war game, utter shite.

Any FIFA game, just don't get me started. How do people sit there and play it and say it is amazing? When it clearly isn't and doesn't feel like real football at all.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're also a dirty scan artist >_>

I remember dropping Zone of the Enders incredibly quick.

Really? I actually quite enjoyed Zone of the Enders outside of the dumb method they used to have you get from stage to stage.

I think he does mean that Wrestlemania 2000. Why?

In my opinion the No Mercy engine was awful. I played all three of those games mention, No Mercy, WM2000 and WCW/nWo and I just couldn't understand why people would like it. I wasn't going to mention it earlier since most people here can't see past it, but I don't like it at all :\

You're definately in the minority! I remember when I first got No Mercy, when it was first released, I hated it. I was just used to the quick, arcadey action of Smackdown, that it felt slow and plodding, but I kept playing it, purely because of the fact you could customise and update all of the wrestlers (bar the movesets).

Recently though, I picked it up and started playing it again, and I love it. It's SUCH an amazing game, every match I have is a classic.

But, back on topic, Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles was absolute SHIT. At the time I was a MASSIVE Star Wars fan, absolutely obsessed, and thought every Star Wars game (Even Teras Kasi :pinch: ) was amazing. I played it three or four times, then just gave up and never touched it again.

Guest We Are Robots

Jak II, by far. I got to the point where you're told to steal a banner from a tower in Dead Town.

Allow me to say right now that Jak II is completely stupid. The story is lame. The 'dark mood' is forced and typical. The character designs are too cartoony and goofy to fit the mood. Jak himself looks stupid. The double-jumping is off, the fighting is boring, the platforming is completely typical and unchallenging. Then there's the whole shitty GTA wannabe crap which just causes frustration and no fun, and the fact that despite all the maps they give you none of them tell you where you need to go to reach your objective. Especially the one on the back of the case insert, which is stupid, because it's near impossible to get that sucker back in.

Ratchet and Clank II is far superior to Jak II in every way.

Second place would be Nintendogs. I don't know, I just expected to be more to it than that.

That mission is the very first mission... And if I'm not mistaken the game barely lets you do anything else before you do that... So how exactly can you criticize the game? The game is shit, no doubt (absolutely not what I expected after Jak & Daxter), but it sounds like you didn't even play it.

I don't normally play games that I drop, since I'm usually extremely picky about what I'll fork money over for (even a rental). However there has actually been a fair few that I just quit on when I think about it.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time I dropped after 40 or so minutes. Around the giant "gear/wheel" puzzle when I couldn't be bothered to figure it out. Picked up Warrior Within and tried it for 15-20 minutes and quit. Controls are too shitty for my tastes.

Metroid Prime is another. Bought it for cheap ($10) when we got our Gamecube and because I heard it was a must have amazing game... Graphics impressed me, atmosphere was decent, but fuck was the game boring. Nothing else to say. The save said I logged in 20 something minutes on that.

kill.switch is another fucking wretched piece of shit. Played it half way through the first mission, had no clue what the fuck was going on and got killed. Then killed again. And again. Damn fucking shooting through walls AI was cheap.

And maybe it's because we bought so many, but we got a shitload of games for the PC lately (probably because most were dirt cheap, can't go wrong at $3 a game) and I've barely played any. Black & White, Freedom Fighters, Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich, Return of the King, Battle for Middle earth, MoH: Allied Assault, The Movies, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Rome Total War, Splinter Cell, Star Wars: Empire at War and Knights of the Old Republic... All friggin installed and barely played. Empire at War, KotOR, RT3, Battle for Middle-earth and The Movies I've played for awhile but I've seemed to abandoned (Lack of units and simplicity, extreme lagging on Dantoine, sheer boredom, repetetiveness and sheer retardedness of "stars" respectively)... Bleh, been playing a couple console games lately instead, I don't think PC games are for me. Making me feel like having a decent computer is useless.

Guest We Are Robots

That mission is the very first mission... And if I'm not mistaken the game barely lets you do anything else before you do that... So how exactly can you criticize the game? The game is shit, no doubt (absolutely not what I expected after Jak & Daxter), but it sounds like you didn't even play it.

Edited by We Are Robots

It may be about the quickest game you've dropped, but commenting on elements that aren't even introduced until after what you've played seems ridiculous.

And if you're talking about the list of PC games... I am more than likely getting to them eventually (and all were picked up in the last two months). I was just commenting on my lack of desire to play them, not really dropping them for any particular reason. It's hard finding time to play stuff (and harder to pass up getting things for next to nothing). I have difficulty playing things on a PC anyways, probably has to do with the fact I can sit on the couch and relax with a console.

Ruins of Myth Drannor sucked a large amount of hole. I don't think I played it for more than an hour before I got the shits with it. First time a D&D game had pissed me off.

Command & Conquer. Yeah, I'll be in a huge minority, but that game just sucked on so many levels to me. I hate strategy games that revolve around resource collecting - especially when they have a shithouse storyline. At least WarCraft, for all of its cartoony lameness, tried to be interesting.

And maybe it's because we bought so many, but we got a shitload of games for the PC lately (probably because most were dirt cheap, can't go wrong at $3 a game) and I've barely played any. Black & White, Freedom Fighters, Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich, Return of the King, Battle for Middle earth, MoH: Allied Assault, The Movies, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Rome Total War, Splinter Cell, Star Wars: Empire at War and Knights of the Old Republic... All friggin installed and barely played. Empire at War, KotOR, RT3, Battle for Middle-earth and The Movies I've played for awhile but I've seemed to abandoned (Lack of units and simplicity, extreme lagging on Dantoine, sheer boredom, repetetiveness and sheer retardedness of "stars" respectively)... Bleh, been playing a couple console games lately instead, I don't think PC games are for me. Making me feel like having a decent computer is useless.

Bomberman 64... What the shit was that game? I played it for like 10 minutes before turned I off my N64 out of boredom and confusion. Thankfully Rogers Video allowed you to replace your rental with any other game if you brought it back on the same day you rented the first one. I'm pretty sure I rented Doom 64 or something.

Oh, when I had pink eye and had to stay home from school way WAY back years ago, my mom rented Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back on SNES (I was a big fan of Star Wars back then). I popped it in, played for 5 minutes, but had to turn it off because my eye kept overloading with puss and it was distracting me from the game. So my mom took it back and brought home Wrestlemania 8 from Rogers instead (knowing I'd rent it myself every second or third time we went to the video store).

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Bomberman 64... What the shit was that game? I played it for like 10 minutes before turned I off my N64 out of boredom and confusion. Thankfully Rogers Video allowed you to replace your rental with any other game if you brought it back on the same day you rented the first one. I'm pretty sure I rented Doom 64 or something.

Oh, when I had pink eye and had to stay home from school way WAY back years ago, my mom rented Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back on SNES (I was a big fan of Star Wars back then). I popped it in, played for 5 minutes, but had to turn it off because my eye kept overloading with puss and it was distracting me from the game. So my mom took it back and brought home Wrestlemania 8 from Rogers instead (knowing I'd rent it myself every second or third time we went to the video store).