Quickest you've ever dropped a game

Your Mom

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond Divinity.

I've no idea why, after thinking Divine Divinity was shit, I thought I'd like the sequel, but I didn't... I didn't even play it long enough to get out of the first building ¬_¬

Also, Dark Reign: Future Of War. I think I'd probably rather go to a real war than play that again. I couldn't even be arsed to complete the first mission.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection. I had a bit of money spare that I wanted to get rid of (to stop myself from spending it on shit in the school cafeteria), only just began to play it this week, and took it out after the opening video and about three minutes of play, in favour of Metal Gear Solid 3.

Dreadful game.

Lord of the Rings the two towers, I'd rather spread shit in my eyes then play that again.

Seconded. I got that with a bunch of other cheap games from my dad one christmas years ago (It included Deus Ex so I can't complain too loudly >_>) played it for about half an hour and never touched it again. I found it a few days ago lying at the bottom of a drawer and wondered for a second who it belonged to. Thats one game I'm glad I forgot :P

Edited by Kaneanite

My brother in law gave me his PS when he got a PS2 and it came with a bunch of games. I think Star Wars: Masters Of Teras Kasi got about 30 minutes play before I ditched it. Seriously: I hit you with a lightsaber - you die. No round 2.

Other than that... Any racing game. I got Forza as part of a package when I bought my XBox a few months back, and my b-i-l gave me Gran Turismo, but I can't stand racing games so neither got more than ten minutes or so.

But wanted to like and hated? Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I wanted to like it, never having played a stealth game before, but I dropped it quickly. I'm sure it's a good game if you like that sort of thing, but chucking coke cans? Hiding dead bodies? It goes against all my shoot-and-forget instincts. Give me Halo or give me death... :D

I can't believe you'd let a magazine sway your opinion so much you wouldn't even give a game you jsut bought a chance. That's lame.

Thought you might jump in on that.

Played it at a later date and it WAS trash.

The game I bought was that futuristic racing bike game - like Wipeout on motorbikes. That was a much better game.

Of course I listen to what magazines say, I don't have the cash to make purchasing mistakes. If I'm interested in a game and a few magazines all say 7/8/9 out of ten then I'll go for it as they make a living from reviewing games.

If I want a game and it's rated 3/4/5 out of ten in three magazines I'll think twice...I ain't blowing my cash.

It's what magazines are there for.

I've got rent, council tax, water, electricity and bloody British gas to pay for, I can't afford to waste any free money on rubbish games just because I thought they sounded interesting.

Fester Quest on the NES, when i was like 8.

I hated it, I bought it from a market and the guy wouldn't accept returns unless the game didn't work. I threw it down the stairs and all sorts in a feeble childish attempt to get it to fuck up but it didn't break. :(

I actually learned to love it after that though.

More recently, Silent Hill 4. I've beat 1, 2 and 3 and loved them, so my girlfriend bought me the fourht one. I put it on and from the word go, it just felt different. I played for about 10 mins, died, and never played it again. I might dig it out actually and have another bash though, I really WANT to like it.

Championship Manager 5, pre-ordered it due to having a website dedicated to the game, got it at 9am, installed by 9:20, uninstalled by 9:24am.

such a rubbish game that i never touched again!

How could you possibly tell whether a game is any good within 4 minutes? Especially a management sim. I've never played CM5 because I stuck with Si but it can't have been that bad that by the time you'd loaded a game up you tossed it.

The last one was a game called "Spartan: Total Warrior" which had potential but ultimately sucked. It became redundant after the first two levels, fighting 500 of the same Trojan Warriors and killing them the same way. Plus the game was one of those "Ok rookie, I need you to protect the king, this door, blow up the huge machine walking toward our castle, and then make me a sandwhich" sort of deals.

The cartoony graphics were lame, and a huge dissapointment. I was hoping for a game that would actually reflect the brutal combat of the Spartan/Trojan wars, instead I got a game that felt like Trojan/Spartan wars taking place in the future. Fuck that game.