D12's Proof murdered

MalaCloudy Black

D12 member Proof was shot and killed in Detroit earlier this morning at an after hours club on Eight Mile Road.

Proof, born Deshaun Hotlon, was one of two murders at the CCC club this morning. While the identity of the second man was not known, sources told AllHipHop.com that fellow group member Bizarre may have been the second man murdered.

Both men suffered gunshot wounds to the head and were taken to a local hospital where they were pronounced dead.

One witness was being questioned by the police, who are still seeking suspects.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5552

To be honest, I'm kinda taking it with a grain of salt right now, I can't find any other major news sites reporting it.

But if it's true, damn..

EDIT: I can't find anything about it on MSN, Yahoo, or the official D12 website. It *is* 8am here and really early in most parts of North America, so I'm going to wait a few hours to see if any other news sites start reporting it.

EDIT NUMBER THE SECOND: http://www.wxyz.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/art...4612600,00.html

Edited by CloudStrife888

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like rap but if this is true its sad. I'm a bit like Cloudy though because no other site has reported on it, you'd think that MTV or something would report when a rap star dies so I'd just wait right now and see who else says something about it.

Not a rap fan here, but it's still a bummer to hear, especially since it's a guy with local ties.

Detroit's a scary place, and there is a reason people don't say "I'm going to vacation in Detroit", simply because it's filled with too much fucking garbage (literally and figuratively). It's a shame that a guy can't go to a night club without getting his head blown off. It's strange though because 8 Mile isn't all bad, but they must have been on the western side.

Edited by VerbalPuke

From allhiphop

Interscope represenatives also confirmed Bizarre was not involved in the incident.

"Contrary to earlier rumors and reports, D-12 member Bizarre was not involved in the incident in Detroit last night," Interscope said. "He was at home in Atlanta, Georgia."

Earlier reports stated that Bizarre had been shot or that police were seeking to question him, after an altercation took place in the club.