CD's Without A Bad Song

Draevyn

EDIT: Ah Benji, you too like the Height of Callousness?

I do indeed, I'm a total bitch for Spineshank, they're one of the bands of a genre I don't often get too into, but I got the Height of Callousness on the strength of New Disease and have never been less dissapointed :wub:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of one. Among my favourite albums, OK Computer, Audio Of Being, Avalanche, Dark Side Of The Moon, Fat Of The Land, Toxicity, all of them have at least one track that isn't up to par with the rest of the CD. If you absolutely love a band and everything lines up with the stars and all that, fine, but I don't think that objectively it's possible to make a perfect album.

Edit: Perhaps with the exception of compilations and soundtracks. But even most greatest hits records end up with a stinker or two.

Edited by SeanDMan

"Guilt Show" by The Get Up Kids

"Reinventing Axl Rose" by Against Me!

"Everything Goes Numb" by Streetlight Manifesto

"The Element Of Sonic Defiance" by Strung Out

"Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues" by Strung Out

"Return Of The Space Cowboy" by Jamiroquai

"Absolution" by Muse

"Transatlanticism" by Death Cab For Cutie

"Revolutions Per Minute" by Rise Against

"Blood Sugar Sex Magik" by The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

"Metroplis Pt 2 - Scenes From A Memory" by Dream Theater

"Over and Over" by The 88

"Rooney" by Rooney

"Rockin' The Suburbs" by Ben Folds

I tried to pick albums where all the songs (Or nearly all) are good. using Benji's example of Angels & Airwaves. Whilst I would agree that there's no bad songs per-say, there's only 3 or so songs I'd call 'good' songs.

Ewww....QTR, The Fuse and Siren Song....ewww...seriously. I love both bands, but Siren Song was mediocre (They didn't 'sell-out' they just didn't write a good album, it was just RPM with shitter guitars...I'm hoping for better from "The Sufferer & The Witness" their 4th album, due out around June. however the first 2 albums were top notch, much better than Siren Song) and the past couple of Pennywise CD's have been uninspired. I have some strange fondness of "Land of The Free?". I agree The Fuse is much better than the album before, but not perfect.

Edited by YI

I tried to pick albums where all the songs (Or nearly all) are good. using Benji's example of Angels & Airwaves. Whilst I would agree that there's no bad songs per-say, there's only 3 or so songs I'd call 'good' songs.

Me and a couple of mates were walking at 1AM this morning, we just sat down and admired the shape of the land around us (a lot of it is still countryside), listening to the start of Valkyrie Missile it really set in how epic this album could be if you let it, it's an album you need to appreciate rather than analyse, to me at least.

Ewww....QTR, The Fuse and Siren Song....ewww...seriously. I love both bands, but Siren Song was mediocre (They didn't 'sell-out' they just didn't write a good album, it was just RPM with shitter guitars...I'm hoping for better from "The Sufferer & The Witness" their 4th album, due out around June. however the first 2 albums were top notch, much better than Siren Song) and the past couple of Pennywise CD's have been uninspired. I have some strange fondness of "Land of The Free?". I agree The Fuse is much better than the album before, but not perfect.

I only like a couple songs by Metallica...really dislike David Grohl...and have everything by Our Lady Peace cause they are my favourite band.

Just for my own taste I'll add a couple that I think.

Marilyn Manson-Holy Wood

Cannibal Corpse-Kill

Anything by Chimaira

The Mars Volta - Scabdates

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

At The Drive-In - Relationship Of Command

Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

Pearl Jam - Binaural

Pearl Jam - Yield

Pearl Jam - Riot Act

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magick

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Live In Hyde Park

Matisyahu - Live At Stubbs

She Wants Revenge - She Wants Revenge

Any Sigur Ros album.

Sufjan Steven - Illinois

The Blood Brothers - Burn Piano Island, Burn

The Blood Brothers - Crimes

The Cure - The Cure

The Cure - Disintegration

The Misfits - Famous Monsters

The Postal Service - Give Up

Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Fever To Tell

Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates

Mindless Self Indulgence - Tight

Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene

Broken Social Scene - To Be You And Me EP

Fightstar - Grand Unification

A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms

That's quite a lot actually. And that's just looking at my playlist. Eugh. I need higher standards :shifty:

I wouldn't consider either 'perfect' as such, I just regard them as 'full' albums that don't really have shitty fillers. On second thoughts, Siren Song did have 'Swing Life Away' which I did, and still do despise, while the Fuse I felt was simply just modern Pennywise which we've come to expect the last few years, plain and nothing too interesting. It was a great album, which still finds its way into my playlists, although it doesn't to anything special, but it doesn't have any 'bad' tracks which is why I regard it as good 'full' album.

*shrugs*

The Clash; "London Calling"

Final Fantasy; "He Poos Clouds" and "Has A Good Home"

Refused; "Shape of Punk to Come"

Sleater-Kinney; "The Woods"

M.I.A; "Arular"

Beck; "Odelay"

"In the Aeroplane over the Sea" - Neutral Milk Hotel

^^^ He has the right idea.

On top of that....hmmm...some of mine have already been mentioned, but here I go.

In Flames - Clayman

Pearl Jam - Ten

Tool - Aenima (or however you end up spelling it)

Ryan Adams - Gold

Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

David Gray - White Ladder

Jeff Buckley - Grace

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Deftones - White Pony

I guess that'll do for me, although there are more.